• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

"AnyDVD is disabled for this drive" according to info window

Neil Wilkes

Ever since installing the latest version I have been having trouble with discs not being recognized.
Why does loading a disc get me this message in the info window, but nothing else happens.
It seems very random and I am baffled.

What AnyDVD HD version?
Check drive is listed and checked under Drives>Selection.
Try restarting the PC after installation.

Ever since installing the latest version I have been having trouble with discs not being recognized.
Why does loading a disc get me this message in the info window, but nothing else happens.
It seems very random and I am baffled.
Please post an AnyDVD logfile from a random disc. Thank you.

Where do I find these please?
Also, not sure how a log can be generated when the drive is not even showing as having a disc in it.
The weird part is that it was working, and working really well - but then after the latest build was installed (8.1.9.0) it would start to work, then after a disc swap or two it would all fall apart again.

Any suggestions would be great

When you view the Redfox forums at most of the top levels, but especially when showing the list of all the threads in the Blu-ray "AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)" section of the forum, there is a set of "Sticky" threads at the top of that list.

There is a sticky thread that is named "Please READ THIS before you post!" that contains instructions on common problems, how to analyze your problem, and how to gather a log file and post it.

The first sticky thread is ALWAYS a thread with a link to the latest AnyDVD release, whether that is the generally available point release, or the latest beta test version that possibly implements updates for various problems under discussion in the forum.

Cheers,

--michael

Hi Michael.

Understood and I consider myself informed. Many Thanks.
I shall - as soon as possible today - reload the disc and go through the steps mentioned.
I will post back with logs, screenshots & everything else later today

Hi Michael.

Understood and I consider myself informed. Many Thanks.
I shall - as soon as possible today - reload the disc and go through the steps mentioned.
I will post back with logs, screenshots & everything else later today
A log is sufficient.

Here you go.
2 versions. Main one is the result of starting AnyDVDHD first then loading the disc, the second was loading the disc first then starting AnyDVDHD

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.9.0_Info_Y_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    42 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.1.9.0_Info_Y_EMPTY_DRIVE_discLoadedAfterAppStarted.ziplog
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
Here you go.
2 versions. Main one is the result of starting AnyDVDHD first then loading the disc, the second was loading the disc first then starting AnyDVDHD
Please try AnyDVD 8.1.9.5. If this doesn't help, I suspect a defective drive.

Will do.

The drive is not defective though - for curiosity, I tried a different disc & had no such trouble.
I then tried to play the disc that will not read in soft player - NFG, neither will it run on either Oppo machine (BDP-106, BDP-83SE)
Looking like the disc, although it used to work.
(It is a pressed factory replica)

Back