• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD vs CloneDVD

Sn0wd0g

Hi,

I was wondering what the difference between AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD is? The description on the website says that AnyDVD HD decrypts and unlocks the DVD so that you can play it. The CloneDVD desciption says that it will make a copy of your DVD. I've seen my friends use only AnyDVD to copy the DVD to their hard drive and then burn it to DVD using Nero. They used the Rip DVD to hard drive when clicking on the icon in the system tray. Why do you need CloneDVD.

Thanks for any answers!!

Hi,

I was wondering what the difference between AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD is? The description on the website says that AnyDVD HD decrypts and unlocks the DVD so that you can play it. The CloneDVD desciption says that it will make a copy of your DVD. I've seen my friends use only AnyDVD to copy the DVD to their hard drive and then burn it to DVD using Nero. They used the Rip DVD to hard drive when clicking on the icon in the system tray. Why do you need CloneDVD.
Because it is a great application, has nice sheep, is extremely reliable, you save the ripping step in AnyDVD (which is a kludge anyway), you can select movie only, with or without menus, you can split a movie to different discs, it rips slightly faster than AnyDVD and it has a cool animation with sheep eating popcorn. :D
Try it.

CloneDVD is made by ElbySoft and not slysoft, but I believe the main difference is that CloneDVD allows you to remaster the DVD (remove subtitles, remove audio, compress video, etc), where AnyDVD will create a 1:1 rip (everything - no compression)...

I wish SlySoft would create a [HINT] CloneBRD [/HINT] :rock:

don't need clonebd

There's already software available to shrink a blu-ray without menus. You can use x264 to reencode to 720p or whatever, eac3to to convert the audio and tsmuxer to make a bluray structure. eventually someone will figure out how to "adjust" the menus to accept home made streams and then we'll have clonebd. AACS and BD+ have been mitigated so the menus should be a snap.

Back