• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Version 8.4.8.0: Mr Robot Complete Series – Need I Re-archive them?

Soft and Sly

on Tuesday 31 march 2020, I archived the Mr Robot complete series DVD box set without incident using AnyDVD HD Ripper. Afterwards, I archived the Mr Robot complete series Blu-ray Disc box set using AnyDVD HD Blu-ray image function whose proper name escapes me at the moment. Every one of the twelve Blu-ray discs in that box set made the programme prompt for a region approximately mid-way through the scan. I selected Region A for all twelve discs because without having the eyesight to see the packaging or discs, I know not whether they are region free or locked to region A. If they are in fact region free in this particular box set, need I re-archive them after making AnyDVD HD prompt for region selection and selecting Region Free? Or, does it matter not if I selected Region A and they are in fact region free? Again, I am interested and curious about the technical differences – especially consequences of selection of a region when a disc is region free.

Or, does it matter not if I selected Region A and they are in fact region free?
If it's region free, you can safely select any region. So you're good.

Thanks. That was a time-consuming project and I really wanted not do that again with the same series. Have you any idea why a region was prompted for all discs? The setting to make the programme prompt for a region in the Blu-Ray section of the settings panel is disabled. This is not the first instance such a dialogue appeared.

Thanks. That was a time-consuming project and I really wanted not do that again with the same series. Have you any idea why a region was prompted for all discs? The setting to make the programme prompt for a region in the Blu-Ray section of the settings panel is disabled. This is not the first instance such a dialogue appeared.
Not without logfile(s). Some functions like remastering or removing certain copy protections require AnyDVD to know the correct region.

I failed to upload a log file because perhaps you want one for a certain disc in the series and wanted not upload the wrong one. If you want at least one I will surely upload.

I failed to upload a log file because perhaps you want one for a certain disc in the series and wanted not upload the wrong one. If you want at least one I will surely upload.

You need to upload a log of each disc that doesn't work. Logfiles are unique per disc.

Only if it matters to you. Maybe the answer I gave is enough.

The discs archived; everything worked. I definitely would have attached a log file if something went awry. My initial question was answered by Pete, but now my question is why some Blu-ray discs prompt for region if the setting specific to that is disabled. James answered that on a high level.

Only if it matters to you. Maybe the answer I gave is enough.
A log file is attached. I cannot upload more than one; the button does nothing after the first is uploaded.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.8.0_Info_D_MRROBOT_S1D1_NA_187942BE_35610BFA.ziplog
    280.7 KB · Views: 2
A log file is attached. I cannot upload more than one; the button does nothing after the first is uploaded.
Code:
Removed annoying video sequences!
... needs to know the region code, if there is one. Setting "A" for discs bought in an "A" country is indeed a good idea.

Code:
Removed annoying video sequences!
... needs to know the region code, if there is one. Setting "A" for discs bought in an "A" country is indeed a good idea.
Why is that the case? Just trying to alleviate my ignorance. If it is not known if the discs are locked to region A or not locked, is A still a wise choice?

Back