AnyDVD HD Version 8.4.8.0: Mr Robot Complete Series – Need I Re-archive them?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by Soft and Sly, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Soft and Sly

Soft and Sly Active Member

on Tuesday 31 march 2020, I archived the Mr Robot complete series DVD box set without incident using AnyDVD HD Ripper. Afterwards, I archived the Mr Robot complete series Blu-ray Disc box set using AnyDVD HD Blu-ray image function whose proper name escapes me at the moment. Every one of the twelve Blu-ray discs in that box set made the programme prompt for a region approximately mid-way through the scan. I selected Region A for all twelve discs because without having the eyesight to see the packaging or discs, I know not whether they are region free or locked to region A. If they are in fact region free in this particular box set, need I re-archive them after making AnyDVD HD prompt for region selection and selecting Region Free? Or, does it matter not if I selected Region A and they are in fact region free? Again, I am interested and curious about the technical differences – especially consequences of selection of a region when a disc is region free.

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

If it's region free, you can safely select any region. So you're good.

3. Soft and Sly

Thanks. That was a time-consuming project and I really wanted not do that again with the same series. Have you any idea why a region was prompted for all discs? The setting to make the programme prompt for a region in the Blu-Ray section of the settings panel is disabled. This is not the first instance such a dialogue appeared.

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Not without logfile(s). Some functions like remastering or removing certain copy protections require AnyDVD to know the correct region.

5. Soft and Sly

I failed to upload a log file because perhaps you want one for a certain disc in the series and wanted not upload the wrong one. If you want at least one I will surely upload.

6. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

You need to upload a log of each disc that doesn't work. Logfiles are unique per disc.

7. James

Only if it matters to you. Maybe the answer I gave is enough.

8. Soft and Sly

The discs archived; everything worked. I definitely would have attached a log file if something went awry. My initial question was answered by Pete, but now my question is why some Blu-ray discs prompt for region if the setting specific to that is disabled. James answered that on a high level.

9. Soft and Sly

A log file is attached. I cannot upload more than one; the button does nothing after the first is uploaded.

Attached Files:

10. James

Code:
    Removed annoying video sequences!

... needs to know the region code, if there is one. Setting "A" for discs bought in an "A" country is indeed a good idea.

11. Soft and Sly

Why is that the case? Just trying to alleviate my ignorance. If it is not known if the discs are locked to region A or not locked, is A still a wise choice?

12. James

To help the function to find the right path to the desired content.
    As I said:
    I would call this a "Yes".