• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Version 8.4.7.0: Cannot Keep Original Menus

Soft and Sly

Whilst AnyDVD HD decrypted a Blu-ray disc, it revealed a modal dialogue never did I encounter previously. The message was AnyDVD HD could not keep the original menus for this disc. The log [attached] reflects this same warning. Why cannot original menus of all Blu-ray discs be retained? The technical details will be interesting to know. None of my other Blu-ray discs acted in this manner.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.4.7.0_Info_D_DONT_BREATHE_599D1D66_A2845AB3.ziplog
    272.3 KB · Views: 6
I have found that "dialogue" shows from time to time but, in that case I have "Speed Menu" option enabled. In that case, I disable "Speed Menu" and the disc burns and plays fine with the original menu.

Good Luck.

I have a speedmenu selected and the relevant option enabled as well. Does this indicate certain discs cannot have a speedmenu added and must retain its original menu? The log says speedmenu added which makes me believe the answer to that is no.

Whilst AnyDVD HD decrypted a Blu-ray disc, it revealed a modal dialogue never did I encounter previously. The message was AnyDVD HD could not keep the original menus for this disc. The log [attached] reflects this same warning. Why cannot original menus of all Blu-ray discs be retained? The technical details will be interesting to know. None of my other Blu-ray discs acted in this manner.
The message means, that there isn't enough space on the disc to have speedmenus AND original menus at the same time. So it removed original menus to keep the speedmenus you requested.

The destination disk has approximately 230 GB available after that disc was backed up. That cannot possibly be why.

The destination disc doesn't matter. That's also not what the message is telling you. It's telling you that there's not enough space on the original disc to add speedmenu's AND keep the original menus.

The capacity and amount of "free space" (unused sectors) on the SOURCE disc (bd image) matters.

My mistake. Does AnyDVD HD create a temporary readable image of a BD-ROM whose maximum size is governed by the physical medium and modify that? It makes no sense to me that a BD-ROM is modified because that is the physical read-only disc.

I have no idea. All i know (and i'm taking a guess here) is that it makes uses of free sectors during the decryption process to add the speedmenu (and if possible keep the original menu too). Depending on the amount of free sectors, it's not always possible to do both. In some circumstances like yours, it's either 1 or the other.

I am inclined to agree. Free sectors on the physical disc are read-only [hence the ROM] which is why I am wondering if a temporary image is created with the same number of sectors as the physical disc. In this case, it is one menu or the other for sure. This is one aspect of the programme never have I understood.

On the original they're read only yes, but not during the decryption ;) they then become writeable which is when anydvd adds the speedmenu :)

Decryption occurs on the HD/SSD where sectors are writable? I set temporary files to be removed and scripts to be retained.

You're not getting it. As you say. The original isn't writeable. As such Anydvd has copy the AACS folder (main encryption part) in order to decrypt it. During that time it uses the free space to add the speedmenu.

Maybe @James can explain a bit more precise without divulging anydvd inner workings.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Right, I fail to comprehend the mechanics behind the scenes which interest me the most. I knew at least the AACS folder is copied and altered, but nothing can be copied back to the disc. I also understand a speedmenu if added occupies free sectors, and when none are available the speedmenu overrides the originals. What I fail to understand is, if all modifications occur on rewritable media, videlicet SSD, why are the available free sectors contingent on the size of the original physical media?

Pardon my misapprehension of the mechanics. The message which appeared yesterday opened the proverbial flood gates.

If you rip to decrypted iso that folder is renamed/deleted I believe it also does something to the bdmv files too (not counting the stream folder which holds the video files). Maybe James will respond.

Personally I don't use speedmenu, I've tinkered with them at first but I prefer original menus.

I do have the programme write as ISO images with the sparse image box ticked, create DVD file box ticked, and keep protection box unticked. I read a long time ago ISO images are best for Blu-ray discs particularly to retain their structure. I rip DVDs the other way.

Sparse images is something entirely different and not related. As I understand it, normal images are just about the exact size as the original (even empty space); sparse images are smaller and only the size of the actual content.

My mistake. Does AnyDVD HD create a temporary readable image of a BD-ROM whose maximum size is governed by the physical medium and modify that? It makes no sense to me that a BD-ROM is modified because that is the physical read-only disc.
This is AnyDVD's magic, making it so valueable: There is no "temporary image". There is no need to "copy" or "rip". You insert the disc, and it is modified. Instantly. Sectors on the disc are replaced the moment the system / a program / a playback software / a CLI tool / .. accesses it.

Back