• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Step-by-Step For Us Old Folks

dieu

Hello:

I know I am getting old. Please bear with me folks.

What is the purpose of AnyDVD HD? Does it simply allow the user to watch HD DVD movies on his or her machine regardless of hardware?
If so, then this product would be useless for those folks that already have the hardware to play HD DVD movies. I.e., HD DVD player, Video card, Monitor, Software, etc…

My dilemma with this product is that it provides almost no information on its usage. I assume this is intentional to minimize added pressure from the Movie Studios.

Once installed, it monitors my Xbox HD DVD player and places a file in Documents/AnyDVDHD/F8F2580F3B9B/ADV_OBJ/VPLST000.XPL FILE.
How is VPLST000.XPL supposed to be used?

When AnyDVD HD was initially released, I assumed that its purpose was to strip the DRM infection and place a pristine copy on the user’s hard drive.
If so, my only interest in this product would be to use AnyDVD HD to allow me to convert the HD DVD format to iPod, Zune, DVD, DVD+DL, etc.

Thank you guys!

What is the purpose of AnyDVD HD? Does it simply allow the user to watch HD DVD movies on his or her machine regardless of hardware?

Anydvd HD eliminates the need to buy expensive HDCP compliant monitors and graphic cards.

"So, for your birthday you'll need:
1.) A fast home theatre PC; the bigger the harddisk, the better
2.) XBOX360 HD DVD drive
3.) AnyDVD HD (of course)
4.) PowerDVD Ultra
5.) Lots of HD DVDs.
6.) A JVC RS-1 (or similar) projector would round up the viewing experience.
7.) Use a HTPC with XP, not Vista, because of
8.) ReClock"

source:http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=6378&postcount=124

ReClock would mostly be for PAL format playback (and it doesn't work in Vista).

--
AnyDVD HD comes with same functionality as AnyDVD, but with additional features for full HD-DVD (High Definition DVD) support, including decryption of HD-DVD movie discs.

Allows you to watch movies over a digital display connection, without HDCP compliant graphics card and HDCP compliant display. No need to buy an expensive monitor. Sweet!

Playback your discs on your PC with PowerDVD Ultra, which otherwise do not run (titles released by Studio Canal, The Weinstein Company, Kinowelt, Optimum Releasing).

Thank you.

However, I have all the hardware to play HD DVD's.

What I am interested in is the ability to rip HD DVD's into whatever format I choose.

Thank you,

I got ya!

Let me ask. Once the HD DVD is ripped with AnyDVD HD, what format is the result? That is, is the format the same as if I ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink?

Is so, pretty much any conversion program shoud allow me to convert until my hearts content, right?

Thank you,

Let me ask. Once the HD DVD is ripped with AnyDVD HD, what format is the result? That is, is the format the same as if I ripped a DVD using DVD Shrink?

No, it's not the same.

For me, I also have all the hardware and software to view HD DVD
but I still purchased the anyDVD HD
because I can rip them to my hard drive (I rent HD DVD from Netflix)
and someday, when the price of burner and media more reasonable
I will burn them one by one, and now, I can share the riped HD DVD to my friends even they didn't install anyDVd HD

(I rent HD DVD from Netflix)
and someday, when the price of burner and media more reasonable
I will burn them one by one, and now, I can share the riped HD DVD to my friends even they didn't install anyDVd HD

Please do not discuss illegal activities on this forum.

8.) ReClock"

Does any of you guys have an idea why reclock crashes when you pause under Cyberlink Ultra with BR? I have not been able to find the problem.

Also: On some HD-Installations I have the same problem, i.e. HD-DVD crash when paused with reclock active (without reclock no problem). Funny thing: Some HD-DVD installations work just fine, and I do not know why.

Maybe this can be put on the agenda when the BR version of AnyDVD will be developed ;)

Ogo (the author of reclock) seems to be inactive for quite a few months now :(

Anydvd HD eliminates the need to buy expensive HDCP compliant monitors and graphic cards.

"So, for your birthday you'll need:
1.) A fast home theatre PC; the bigger the harddisk, the better
2.) XBOX360 HD DVD drive
3.) AnyDVD HD (of course)
4.) PowerDVD Ultra
5.) Lots of HD DVDs.
6.) A JVC RS-1 (or similar) projector would round up the viewing experience.
7.) Use a HTPC with XP, not Vista, because of
8.) ReClock"

source:http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=6378&postcount=124

ReClock would mostly be for PAL format playback (and it doesn't work in Vista).

I have used reclock with many other players in the past. To my knowledge, you cannot passthrough SPDIF to reclock to effectively "Fix" pal speedup for audio. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong because I would consider purchasing some of those beloved Studio Canal titles if I knew I could slow down the soundtrack.

g

Last edited:
Back