• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ANYDVD HD slows to a crawl at about 70% finished

bobby_klein

Greetings,

My always updated version of ANYDVD HD has recently started to exhibit an exasperating tendency to slow to a crawl at around 70% finished when I am hacking a movie DVD. I don't know why this is happening or what may have caused it to happen. It started about three or four updates ago. What used to take 20 minutes (one title) to record now takes hours and hours.

For more than a decade I have ripped thousands of DVD's with ANYDVD HD and I have never encountered this issue, or any other issue. I'm using it on a Falcon Northwest Mach V desktop...more than enough computer to do the job and then some.

Has anyone encountered this issue, or a similar one? Can anyone offer some advice, comments, suggestions?

I have scoured the forums unsuccessfully for anyone reporting the same or similar problem. Can anyone offer a solution or an explanation for why this is happening?

Can anyone suggest any additional resources I can try?

Many thanks.

Have not seen anyone else report that problem. If it was AnyDVD, there would be hundreds of complaints. Only things I can think of that would cause that problem would be:
1) DVDs with smudges/scratches that AnyDVD had to fight through.
2) Region not set on a drive and AnyDVD has to take extra time to work.
3) Drive is dying. If it is happening on every disc, this would be number one.
4) Another program is interfering with AnyDVD.

An AnyDVD log might help, especially with numbers 2 and 4.

Back