• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD Ripper | Feature request | Wildcard for selected drive letter (Source Directory) that can be used as part of Destination Directory.

Jason Mulree

Greetings,

I did not post this in the AnyDVD HD forums since this is not an issue rather it is a feature request.

I use multiple drives and each time I start an AnyDVD HD Ripper instance I need to select the drive (Source Directory) and the Destination Directory. Obviously I need to select the drive for each instance but feel it could be useful to have a generic Destination Directory set where a wildcard could be used to indicate the Source Directory of the selected drive. Note that I avoid using the same directory since discs are sometimes labelled generically and there would be a directory name clash, so instead I use a directory for each drive letter.

Something along the lines of setting Destination Directory to 'C:\AnyDVD HD\<source>' where '<source>' would be substituted with the Source Directory.

Kind regards,

Jason.

Last edited:
Why are you using the drive letter? Just create a folder for each movie with the movie name. I cannot see the drive letter being useful at all.

Why are you using the drive letter? Just create a folder for each movie with the movie name. I cannot see the drive letter being useful at all.
I am ripping thousands of discs and have four instances of AnyDVD HD Ripper running, one for each optical drive I have. I could change the Destination Folder for each disc I rip, I would like to avoid doing so.

Imagine I am ripping a series with 4 discs and discover that each disc is labelled the same, say 'SERIES_NAME'. If I specify a single folder, say 'C:\AnyDVD HD', for all instances then each instance would try to create a subfolder called 'SERIES_NAME' which would (and does) result in an error for obvious reasons. To make sure each disc is ripped to a different folder, each instance is configured to rip to 'C:\AnyDVD HD\<drive>' where '<drive>' is currently manually set for each instance.

Whenever I start an instance I need to set the drive letter and tweak the Destination Directory to correspond with the selected drive letter. I forget this step often and just today I was ripping Kindergarten Cop that has a BD and UHD, both with the same label 'Kindergarten Cop', which prompted me to submit this feature request.

Anyway, this feature might not be useful to anyone else and might never be added, but it does not hurt to ask 😉

Imagine I am ripping a series with 4 discs and discover that each disc is labelled the same
Yes, I saw that as well. But for that I just make subfolders for each disc. So Star Trek - Prodigy/Disc 1, Star Trek - Prodigy/Disc 2.
Amd before I start the rip, I always change the folder. Yes, time consuming when you want to rip 100 discs, but only a few seconds each time.

I agree with DeepSpace. I have 5 drives going all at once and have ripped thousands of discs without issue. You just need to find a pattern that suits you. Mine is similar to his. I rip TV shows as <show name>/S01D1, <show name>/S01D2, etc. AnyDVD always keeps the last name used. So, most of the time, you're just changing the disc #. Plus, the rip time far exceeds the time it takes to enter a name (so, most of your time is spend ripping, not typing names).

Back