• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD - Playstation 3 question

artifice

Is possible to use AnyDVD HD to back up BluRay movies that I bought (ex. Spiderman 3) then burn them to a blank BD-R disc and then play it in my PS3 with the latest PS3 updates?

I am not asking how to do this… just if it is possible?
I want to see if I should buy this software and a BluRay Burner.

Sorry, follow up question…. If it is possible what media types work? BD-R / BD-RW / BD-R LTH <--- just read about that one.

I know n00b questions gets on everyone’s nerves.

Thanks for everyone’s help. :bowdown:

According to a Wiki. Playstation 3 received a firmware upgrade to enable BD-R LTH reading in March, 2008.

What the hell is LTH??

BD-R Low To High.

From Wikipedia:

BD-R LTH is a write-once Blu-ray disc format that features organic dye recording layer. The advantage of BD-R LTH is it can protect a manufacturer's investment in DVD-R/CD-R manufacturing equipment. Only modifications are required to current equipment; no investment in new production lines is required. It is believed this can lower the cost of discs. [5]

Old Blu-ray players and recorders can't utilize BD-R LTH, however, a firmware upgrade could enable the device to access BD-R LTH. Panasonic has already released such a firmware update last November for its for its DMR-BW200, DMR-BR100 and the MR-BW900/BW800/BW700 models. [6] Pioneer is also expected to ship the first LTH BD drives in Spring of 2008[7]. Furthermore, Sony's Playstation 3 received firmware upgrade to enable BD-R LTH reading in March, 2008[8].

Red laser BD writing, eh? Fascinating. I'll have to do a little research on that one.

organic dye........
guys remember the old days once
how we get the good and most reliable discs in the begining (i mean when dvd-r introduced to us)a bit expensive but good and highest quality disc's,then gradually cheap junk might got for 10 cents a piece

i hope bd-r's/bd-re/bd-lth slump to tha quality

Huh? I believe you misunderstood the article.

Yea, well, that's what happens when I respond to something at 1am after another long week of work. I get it now...it's for making the blanks, not writing to the discs.

Back