AnyDVD HD output format(s)

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by VLMin, Dec 7, 2018.

1. VLMin

VLMin Member

This is a presales question. I don't know whether to submit this to the company or this forum, so if this is in the wrong place, I apologize.

What kind of output does AnyDVD HD create? For example, is it a new Video_TS folder or an mp4 or mkv file or ?

Thanks!

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS (if applicable) folder structure.
    AnyDVD HD does not convert to other file formats.

3. VLMin

VLMin Member

Thank you. Then is it correct to say that the output is usable by ImgBurn and other products of a similar nature

e.g., Create image file from disc and/or Create image file from files/folders

such that the output could be mounted and played using Virtual CloneDrive or the like?

Also, while I am asking:

- If one buys CloneDVD mobile, what additional purpose would CloneDVD2 (not mobile) serve? For example, does the mobile edition provide the compression, selection, and other configuration settings found in CloneDVD2? Or is the mobile version primarily a converter only?

- WRT audio CDs, what output does AnyDVD HD create?

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

AnyDVD is a real-time decrypter. You insert a disc, it is decrypted a few seconds later. You use any software you like to play / copy / convert your original disc.
    e.g. "copy" from a command prompt. Windows Explorer. Your favorite mp3 creation tool. CloneDVD. CloneBD. CloneCD. PowerDVD without region trouble. MyMovies. ...

5. testiles

testiles Well-Known Member

I think the primary difference between the two is CloneDVD creates DVD folder output (Video_TS, Audio_TS). CloneDVD mobile creates file output (.mp4, etc.)

AnyDVD in and of itself doesn't produce any output. It decrypts DVD, Blu-Ray, UHD discs as James states.

To work with CDs, you could use CloneCD.

T