AnyDVD HD Not Reading DVDs, but Reading Bluray

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by JimStone77, Dec 2, 2015.

1. JimStone77

JimStone77 New Member

The problem I'm having is that whenever I put a DVD disk in my frive, AnyDVD shows the message

Warning Failed to Read DVD
    This could have several reasons. Etc.

This happens on any DVD I place in the drive. The thing is, it reads and allows me to copy bluray disks just fine. This only happens on DVD disks. when I run my DVD player, they all read the DVD disks just fine. I'm using AnyDVD HD 7.6.5.3. and my drive is a Mtshita BD-MLT UJ267 9.5mm Internal SATA. Everything shows region 1 so I'm at a loss to what's happening here or why all other programs read the disks fine.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Anydvd logfile please with problematic disc. No logfile, we can't help you.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

3. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

If you disable AnyDVD (right click on the fox icon in the task bar and click 'exit') can you then see the DVD's inside Windows?

It's quite possible that the DVD head on the drive has failed which is why Blu-rays still work as they use different lasers

4. JimStone77

JimStone77 New Member

Where would these logfiles be, I see no option for logfiles in the program? Maybe I'm missing something.

5. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL

Nowhere until you tell anydvd to create one. As indicated in the sticky "How to ask for help - BEFORE you post"

My guess: you're trying to use a DVD thats from another region than your own

6. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Exit AnyDVD and set your drive Region code in device manager.

7. JimStone77

JimStone77 New Member

Yes, the DVDs can still be seen in windows. I don't think the DVD head has failed since as stated, I can play the DVDs with DVD players (VLC, Cyberlink, etc). So the DVD drive works on DVDs, just not with AnyDVD HD. It always gives the message I quoted above so that clone DVD won't work. While clone BD works perfectly. Vry strange.
    Thanks!