• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD no longer going to work with WinDVD HD & BD?

Actually, the latest version of BD-RE spec (RE 3.0: http://www.blu-raydisc.info/spec_info/index.shtml#re3) supports BDMV on BD-R/RE discs as well. That's probably why latest firmware updates for Playstation 3 support playback of such discs, including those created with the help of AnyDVD HD (I did not test this though as I do not have PS 3).

According to the same site, this is for BD-ROM only. For BD-R/RE, using of AACS is not required (http://www.blu-raydisc.info/content_protection/re2_re3.shtml#re3).
Then interesting question is: can you intercept book type requests and make BD-ROM look like BD-R or BD-RE. Then WinDVD should play it or it's behavior will be against the spec.
Sure, piece of cake! :D
Thanks for the information, this is very interesting!

Perplexed

I am a little perplexed by Peers’ (SlySoft Development Team) response to Captin Harlocks’ statements made on April 7th. I happen to have purchased the AnyDVD HD product and am unable to play back current movies while AnyDVD HD is loaded. I call this something that has changed. Fortunately, I have gotten the impression from other posting on other sites that Slysoft is working to over come the changes made to the AACS keys etc. I hope this is the case as I am currently the proud owner of some software that does little more than take up hard drive space.

Last edited:
I am a little perplexed by Peers’ (SlySoft Development Team) response to Captin Harlocks’ statements made on April 7th. I happen to have purchased the AnyDVD HD product and am unable to play back current movies while AnyDVD HD is loaded. I call this something that has changed. Fortunately, I have gotten the impression from other posting on other sites that Slysoft is working to over come the changes made to the AACS keys etc. I hope this is the case as I am currently the proud owner of some software that does little more than take up hard drive space.

That's...interesting. Perhaps if you actually mentioned what the issues are, which titles you're having problems with, and posted AnyDVD log files of those movies that don't work, you might actually get the problems fixed sooner rather than later. But, giving a generic "it doesn't work with my movies" statement...yea, not so helpful.

I can't say this often enough: Vote wirth your wallet. Don't use Blu-ray. Buy HD DVD instead.

Co-sign on that one.
I prefer HD, BD sucks. Hopefully the companies realize that and switch to HD. HD is easier to handle, takes less space on the HDD and the quality is sometimes better (especially the earlier ones) because HD often used VC1 and BD often used MPEG2 (maybe a bit too general but I hope you get what I'M sayin*gg)

Hopefully the companies realize that and switch to HD. HD is easier to handle, takes less space on the HDD

Can't argue about the removed quote but in general the movie studios don't care if it takes hdd space or not they prefer that not to be an option to be honest.

Can't argue about the removed quote but in general the movie studios don't care if it takes hdd space or not they prefer that not to be an option to be honest.

You're right, wasn't referring to the studios when talking about hdd space but to the users. They companies really don't give anything about what the customers think.....

Back