• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD keep scanning the Blu-ray disc

Broca

"Wild" is the Blu-ray disc I have problem with AnyDVD HD scanning it forever. Any idea what caused it?

Disable anydvd for a second (exit the tray icon), does windows get to see the disc now? Decrypting titles (depending on how touch the encryption is) can take a few minutes. How long has the scanning been going on?

Disable anydvd for a second (exit the tray icon), does windows get to see the disc now? Decrypting titles (depending on how touch the encryption is) can take a few minutes. How long has the scanning been going on?

I don't see the disc in windows explorer after exited AnyDVD. The scanning can go on an hour and then AnyDVD will show me the region code. Once I click ok, the scanning will continue basically forever until I exit AnyDVD.

If Windows doesn't see the disc when exiting anydvd, then it's definitely not an anydvd problem. You've got 1 or both of the following.

- dirty and/or defective disc
- dirty and/or defective drive

If the drive sees other discs just fine, then it's option 1 and the disc is either dirty and/or defective. You could try a soft clean with sa microfibre cloth but if that doesn't work it's defective and you'll need to exchange it.

If Windows doesn't see the disc when exiting anydvd, then it's definitely not an anydvd problem. You've got 1 or both of the following.

- dirty and/or defective disc
- dirty and/or defective drive

If the drive sees other discs just fine, then it's option 1 and the disc is either dirty and/or defective. You could try a soft clean with sa microfibre cloth but if that doesn't work it's defective and you'll need to exchange it.

Windows did saw the disc if I don't auto-start AnyDVD. However, I was able the play the disc in Sony Blu ray player. I guess it is the drive. How do you clean it? Never done that before. I would think it is the laser that we might pay attention to.

Now you say Windows did see it, in your previous one you say it didn't. Which is it?

Sorry about that. I am sure AnyDVD saw it (which means Windows must saw it, am I correct?), but never able to complete the scanning and I have to exit. Windows won't see the disc after I exit AnyDVD.

The only fact I have is I can play the disc in a Sony Bluray Player.

I am doing some trouble shooting now.

Exit anydvd first, THEN insert the disc. Not reverse. Can you see the disc in Windows explorer? Yes or no

Exit anydvd first, THEN insert the disc. Not reverse. Can you see the disc in Windows explorer? Yes or no

I doubled check all my SATA cable connections. Rebooted the PC without AnyDVD auto-start.
Using two disc, Sherlock Holmes (worked with AnyDVD) and Wild (the disc I have problem with).
Windows saw both. I am play Sherlock Holmes with Nero Blu-ray player. but not Wild. I have another PC with an older Blu-Ray ROM and it can only see the Sherlock Holmes disc.

I guess it is a bad disc after all. I can believe it since I was able to play it in a desktop Sony Blu-ray player.

Thank you very much for your help.

You could try wiping the disc with a micro fibre both and see if that works, if not you've got a borderline defective disc that's playable but can't be ripped. Not that uncommon.

Back