• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD -> ImgBurn -> Powerdvd HD Error - 'Unsupported Format' - Assistance please

M

markolarko

I have riped Rush Hour 3 via AnyDVD 6.3.0.3 to HDD using Img Burn to my HDD.

When using Power DVD HD Ultimate (3319a) and select play from HDD and select this ISO image I get the error message 'A disc with an unsupported format in Drive K (Created by Clone Dvd).

Am I doing something wrong?

I need a workflow for creating a HD DVD or BD on my HDD and loading it via MCE( Media Centre)

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Yes, you are doing something wrong. PowerDVD can't do anything with an ISO file. You must mount it using Daemon Tools.

Samuri - Thanks

What is the best workflow for creating HDD content of BR and HH DVD?

I am looking for the best of breed in the process.

Currently I am using AnyDVD HD --- > Img Burn -- > Daemon Tools ---> Power DVD Ultimate..

Is there a cleaner solution than this?

I would love to edit the 'cr@p' out of the movies at the start. Is there any 'simple' way of achieving this?

ALSO: Yesturday I 'lost' both my DVD player and HD DVD / BR Player after re-installing AnyDVD - Anybody experienced this before? - I had earlier removed ElbyCDIO.dll as per an earlier message? Could this have caused the problem?

Yea, you don't want to remove ElbyCDIO.dll. That'll cause you all kinds of problems. :)

Your process is what I'm using, as well. With AnyDVD HD running, I load up ImgBurn, select read mode, create the ISO on the hard drive, load it up with Daemon Tools, and play with PowerDVD Ultra.

Editing the movies is not a small task and with BD+ still not removed from backups, you have to be careful on which movies you try to edit. Essentially there's no "CloneHD" type program out there for an easy all in one editing solution yet. The process is kind of a pain, and only some Blu-rays it can be made even more painful. Also, you'd lose menus by editing the discs in this manner. So yes, you can strip it down to a movie only copy with just the streams you need, but, it's a real pain to do so. Still, if you're up for the challenge, do a search for a program called tsremux.

One final tweak is to use an HTPC front end to automate the mounting and unmounting of images.

I use Meedio with the MovieNight and Playmee plugins.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6321/ss1lp5.jpg
http://www.meedios.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=13937

I select the movie I want to play in Movienight. Playmee then automatically mounts the image and starts PowerDVD fullscreen. When you exit PowerDVD the image is automatically unmounted and you are returned to Movienight in the place you left off.

Jon

Jong not really user friendly is it.
Spent hours trying to get it to work so anyone looking it seems a good product but hard to find any real decent guides to set up.

Dont think it likes vista 64 much :)

How do you get pictures to your iso image....

There's a learning curve for sure. I agree the documentation is not always up to scratch or even there! But once you have got to grips with it and have it set up it is easy for anyone (including guests/babysitters etc.) to use . It makes launching different types of media, including ISOs that need mounting, a breeze.

Not sure what you mean about pictures to your iso image, or if that was even aimed at me! But using Movienight you can browse various sources of movie posters/covers online and pick the one you want. The picture is saved locally with an entry in your movie database.

Last edited:
Yes its movenight i cant get to do anything and probably time to give up.

i can play and close dvd iso's ok but when closing an hddvd iso it locks meedio.

I think ill stick to an icon and use the command line switch to load the iso.

I would like a large thumbnail (using a dvd picture off imdb etc) then use it to launch the iso. Any ideas.

Or whats the largest icon size you can see on desktop using large icon (hope its not 48x48 )

No problem if you want to give up! But I'm happy to help in PM if you can be bothered! I am sure we could have it up and running in no time! I have Blu-ray and HD DVD ISOs running perfectly.

Jon

Cheers thanks for the offer.

Ok I got a very basic html to do it. Works wonderfully.
I download the imdb image of the film.
add a line to point to the image and when clicked it loads a batch file.
This batch file then loads the iso and demon tools autoloads and pdvd runs full screen.

Nice, no background software required to run.
Need to allow batch files to run etc else you get the "is it ok to execute etc."
Thats the part im sorting next.

Last edited:
Back