• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD - I want DVD-Audio ripping support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayden1979

Dear folks,

I know most of the users might use AnyDVD for creating backups of their AudioCD and DVD-Video collection, some of them like me are also backing up BluRay-Movies, but I am also having some expensive DVD-Audio in my collection. DVD-Audio is a HD variant of AudioCD that supports crystal-clear
sound of your favorite band in 6 channels at up to 24 bit resolution and
96 kHz Samplingrate; in stereo mode even up to 192 kHz. Unlike DVD-Video,
it just contains the sounds.

But ripping is kind of complicated, since this media type is protected with CPPM (harder than CSS), and if you get the container format opened (.AOB instead of .VOB), you cannot easily save it to multichannel .WAV :bang: (unless you want to use a bunch of commandline programs and degrade original quality)..

What do you think?

Wouldn't be DVD-Audio support a great addition to HD line (BDMV, HD DVD)?:bowdown:

Dear folks,

I know most of the users might use AnyDVD for creating backups of their AudioCD and DVD-Video collection, some of them like me are also backing up BluRay-Movies, but I am also having some expensive DVD-Audio in my collection. DVD-Audio is a HD variant of AudioCD that supports crystal-clear

Wow, that sounds like a great idea! I hope it catches on and people buy it so the prices go down, and normal people like me could buy it. I also hope Sony doesn't come up with a competing format so we have another format war. :D

Seriously though, DVD-A ripping would be a killer (I gots me a DVD-A that I have NEVER been able to play well due to PowerDVD sucking so much, and another "hybrid" one that NEVER presented me with the DVD-A menu (it automatically goes to the DVD-video.) But, there's probably a reason why no one has done it, because VERY few people care. (I only got 3 DVD-A, which I bought just to test)

A little OT, I think a DTS surround-capable portable music player with Dolby Headphone would be absolutely great as the next step in portable audio. The main reason I think that DVD-A and SACD failed is that they're so inconvenient. I don't wanna be sitting in the same place for an hour listening to music.

Well, there are about 700 DVD-Audio titles atm; compared to about 100 million AudioCD's per year and about 4,500 titles in SACD format.
SACD is Sony's answer to DVD-Audio and needs a special player as well,
but DVD-Audio can be read by nearly all DVD burners while SACD cannot be read. If we could now rip a DVD-Audio to our computer, we can play its tracks on our computer and create backups.

Another good reason to buy AnyDVD.

Many people here seems to have wanted DVD-A decrypting support in the past, especially when it comes to watermark removal. During the last months two new open-source projects regarding DVD-A pooed up. So the guys from Slysoft do not need to 're-invent the wheel'; but just integrating those sources to enhance AnyDVD.

Those projects are:

* open-source CPRM/CPPM decrypting library and sample decrypting tool - dvdcpxm.exe
* http://madshi.net/eac3to.zip
This one contains all free open-source libraries and ripping engine needed to decode .AOB to .PCM/.WAV and .MLP;

so adding support for the DVD-Audio into AnyDVD is not hard work.

Please, consider taking a closer look into that.

Dear folks,

But ripping is kind of complicated, since this media type is protected with CPPM (harder than CSS), and if you get the container format opened (.AOB instead of .VOB), you cannot easily save it to multichannel .WAV :bang: (unless you want to use a bunch of commandline programs and degrade original quality)..

What do you think?

Wouldn't be DVD-Audio support a great addition to HD line (BDMV, HD DVD)?:bowdown:

Just a thought, but maybe if you created a poll and a lot of AnyDVD users wanted DVD-A support, SlySoft may consider it.

AnyDVD - Audio Disc Ripping

Hello,

I also think that audio ripping would be a great additional feature. But it should work not only for Audio-DVDs, but also for Audio-CDs (the AnyDVD Ripper already supports Video-DVDs, HD-DVDs, and BDs, so why not Audio-CDs, just to be complete)?

Many greetings, :)

A Guy

Reportedly, the final AACS license for HD/BD (if HD is still around when it is released) will have audio watermarking as well.
If Slysoft can tackle that, maybe DVD-A will just come as a bonus... :)
But I don't think they'll use the same watermarking technology.

Diogen.

We want simple DVD audio, too!

There are those of us who simply want to extract audio soundtracks from DVD movies -- not necessarily music soundtracks. I want spoken scenes from certain classic movies too (i.e. "Frankly Charlotte, I don't give a damn."). And, I want it at the BEST QUALITY possible.

So, I also vote for adding this capability into either AnyDVD or CloneDVD2. BTW, I love both these products. :agree:

SACD can be read by 1st generation PS3 players

Are there any other computer mountable drives that can properly focus on the SACD layer besides the CECHE01 model PS3?

I would like to be able to rip losslessly sacd also.

Are there any other computer mountable drives that can properly focus on the SACD layer besides the CECHE01 model PS3?

I would like to be able to rip losslessly sacd also.
SACD is a format developed by Sony. Discs are protected with a key engraved in the physical structure (seems very much like the predecessor of ROM-Mark, which is on BD). You have to have hardware support to decrypt SACD's. The drive has to support that, and only a handful DVD-drives exist that support this. I don't think it makes much sense to add support for this (very obscure) audio format to AnyDVD.

DVD-Audio: the open source tools which are available are comfortable and simply do the job.

1) The Anydvd HD forum is for Blu-ray and HD-DVDs only

2) Anydvd was never intended to be a ripper. Anydvd's strength has always been as an on-the-fly decrypter for HTPC users.

So while it's possible for Slysoft or Elaborate Bytes (the official Clonedvd developer) to maybe develop a separate program for dvd-audio ripping that functionality does not belong in Anydvd.

I think it's obvious that what we DVD-A fans want is for AnyDVD/AnyDVD HD to add CPPM (and CPRM) protection to the list of copy protections that are removed in the background, allowing the user to then clone the entire disc with CloneDVD.

DVD-Audio may be a music format but it is a DVD format at the end of the day. It includes videos and many normal DVD features, and it would be nice to be able to copy whole DVD-As with slysoft.

Should I make a poll to see how many people are interested in this feature?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back