AnyDVD HD for Dummies

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by JollyJack, Jul 2, 2018.

1. JollyJack

JollyJack New Member

I have searched everywhere for a concise instruction course for new (or inexperienced) users.

I would love to have a 1) insert Blu-ray into drive; 2) start AnyDVD HD program; 3) now what do you want to do?

and then have an algorithmic "tree" to follow, with explanation of what is happening to the video file at each stage so a deep understanding can be obtained.

I envy the ease with which so many on this forum can draw on their working knowledge when explaining something to an equally informed enquirer! I read these insights with open mouth thinking what does that really mean?

2. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

The whole idea behind AnyDVD is, that there should be no need to explain anything.

First: AnyDVD should be running all the time. There's no real point in starting it only when needed, it has a very small memory footprint.

Then: As soon as you insert a DVD (you're in the DVD forum here, so I'm assuming DVD) while AnyDVD is running, for all intents and purposes, any other program, including Windows explorer, xcopy, you-name-it, will see an unprotected, decrypted disc (for Blu-ray discs this is 100% true, for DVDs almost 100%).

In other words: AnyDVD makes a disc look like is was never protected or encrypted in the first place.

What you do from here depends very much on what you're looking for.
    Possibilities are - off the top of my head:

• watch region coded discs without worrying about regions
    • watch movies without being forced through trailers, warnings, disclaimers, ...
    • copy movies to single file formats using 3rd party programs, like CloneBD
    • creating backup discs

So - tell us, what you want, then we can tell you how.

3. nebostrangla

nebostrangla Well-Known Member

kufo and whatever_gong82 like this.