• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD & CloneDVD Mobile Output Format(s)

VLMin

I searched for this in the forum but didn't find anything; perhaps I didn't search correctly. Anyway …

What output format(s) do AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD Mobile provide, respectively?

Thanks,

Anydvd's primary task is an on-the-fly decrypter, the ripper is secondary and only rips 1:1 (folder structure or iso). Clonedvd mobile is targeted towards mobile devices and has too many options to list.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Regarding AnyDVD HD, if I, being relatively nontechnical in such things, understand correctly, AnyDVD outputs either an ISO file or a DVD-type folder structure. One then uses either CloneDVD (or some comparable product) to make a physical DVD or CloneDVD Mobile (or a comparable product) to create output in some directly playable format such as mp4. Correct?

To see a list of available CloneDVD Mobile output formats, I installed the trial version. I see "Generic MP4/AVC" on the list. To get to a format not on this list, such as mkv, does one then need to use a separate conversion tool? Or is there something in the RedFox/Elby product family to help with this?

Finally, these products all look and feel quite old. But I realize that it's what's under the hood that counts. Are these products generally kept up to date in a reasonable way? (I realize that DVD and Blu-ray technologies themselves are running out of steam, so to speak.)

Thank you.

Correct, and the ui for anydvd is intentionally kept simple. It's as you say what's under the hood that counts the same applies to CloneDVD2, CloneBD, clonedvd mobile...

Note though that clonedvd mobile is indeed rather outdated and can be buggy on new dvd releases. It's very much in need of an encoding engine overhaul, but there's no news on when that would be. The other 3 are very stable and often updated, anydvd the most of it since that's the one that does the decrypting. None of the other tools can handle that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you.

Regarding AnyDVD HD, if I, being relatively nontechnical in such things, understand correctly, AnyDVD outputs either an ISO file or a DVD-type folder structure. One then uses either CloneDVD (or some comparable product) to make a physical DVD or CloneDVD Mobile (or a comparable product) to create output in some directly playable format such as mp4. Correct?
Actually, no. When using CloneDVD or CloneDVDmobile, you do not need to rip the disc first. AnyDVD works "on the fly" with those programs so you can do what needs to be done straight from the disc. With some 3rd party programs, you may need to rip first. It depends on the program and how they work.

To see a list of available CloneDVD Mobile output formats, I installed the trial version. I see "Generic MP4/AVC" on the list. To get to a format not on this list, such as mkv, does one then need to use a separate conversion tool? Or is there something in the RedFox/Elby product family to help with this?
CDVDm can go to a very large variety of mobile formats (mp4, avi, mov, wmv, wma, Divx, 3gp, 3g2), and probably a few more. It is meant to be used to allow your mobile devices to play them.

Finally, these products all look and feel quite old. But I realize that it's what's under the hood that counts. Are these products generally kept up to date in a reasonable way? (I realize that DVD and Blu-ray technologies themselves are running out of steam, so to speak.)
AnyDVD is updated constantly, as is CloneBD.

Thank you both very much. I now understand that CDVDm can take the output from AnyDVD HD and create a playable video file in any of a number of common (and no-longer-so-common) formats. Taken together, these two products sound like an excellent pair. OTOH, CDVDm sounds a lot like Handbrake, among other products, with the latter being far better maintained (and free, to boot). Do these seem to you to be reasonable conclusions?

Finally, one (famous) last question™ on all this: If one uses AnyDVD HD to decrypt, can one then use, say, ImgBurn or some other tool to create the DVD just as one would use CloneDVD? (I realize the features aren't a match, I'm asking just about the basic functionality.)

Thank you.

Back