• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD and win 11 no go.

Jeffrey Colon

Hello all.
After a fresh windows 11 installation AnyDVD HD no longer will install on my PC. Years and years of AnyDVD. AnyDVD has worked flawless until now. This is a first for me.
AMD 5600x
GTX1080 ti
32 gigs DDR4
Asus Prime X570-P
Windows 11 10.0.22000 build 22000
Latest updates as of 02/15/22
Thanks for any help.
Jeff

I am running AnyDVD on a fresh Win11 install so I don't think the OS is the issue. It's going to be something specific to your system.

Do you do anything off the beaten path with say temp files or anything like that? Also might try disabling your AV.

But do listen to James and post your errors. He is going to be the best one to help you.

I have AnyDVD working on a Windows 11 system. Granted, it was a Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade where AnyDVD was already installed, but updates to AnyDVD released since then have worked fine.

I would also question if you changed the TEMP or TMP variables folders. I experimented with that once, and nVIDIA graphics drivers update packages absolutely would NOT run.

I have AnyDVD working on a Windows 11 system. Granted, it was a Windows 10 to Windows 11 upgrade where AnyDVD was already installed, but updates to AnyDVD released since then have worked fine.

I would also question if you changed the TEMP or TMP variables folders. I experimented with that once, and nVIDIA graphics drivers update packages absolutely would NOT run.

I used to do it that way myself and had similar issues. What I did instead was use symbolic links to redirect the temp folders someplace else. It fools almost everything and the 1 or 2 things it does not I just run from a DOS prompt and set temp and tmp for just that install. I have been running it that way for years now. I redirect them to a RAM drive since it's faster and gets cleaned on every reboot.

Thanks for the reply.
Tried installing the latest version 8.5.9.0. Clicking on the installation icon it goes into an infinite loop. Not even listed in the task manager. Weird one.
Windows 11 build 22000 21H2.
Thanks.

I used to do it that way myself and had similar issues. What I did instead was use symbolic links to redirect the temp folders someplace else. It fools almost everything and the 1 or 2 things it does not I just run from a DOS prompt and set temp and tmp for just that install. I have been running it that way for years now. I redirect them to a RAM drive since it's faster and gets cleaned on every reboot.
Excellent but I can't that far. Clicking two different location icon of 8.5.xxxx one from MyCE the other from here. Click the icon... Infinite loop in both cases.
Not doing a another 11 installation since all other apps work AOK.

What AV program do you have? Please uninstall and use Defender. Try again. Then re-install your AV program.

This is not good. After years and years of AnyDVD with the only one failure. Something is wrong between Windows 11 build 22000 21H2 and the Any DVDHD installer. I reinstalled all other applications without any problems.

The question is: What Antivirus program is installed on your PC? It might block the installation. You should at least temporarily switch to just Windows Defender.

I guess we can call the issue resolved. Just for the heck of it I selected Windows 7 compatibility mode and it worked. Some funny sh**!
Thanks all
Jeff

This is not good. After years and years of AnyDVD with the only one failure. Something is wrong between Windows 11 build 22000 21H2 and the Any DVDHD installer. I reinstalled all other applications without any problems.

As you can see a good number of us are on Win11, I do not think it's the OS. It is something with your machine specifically. That's not to say it's not some incompatibility with AnyDVD but it's going to be with an application on your machine and not the OS.

I guess we can call the issue resolved. Just for the heck of it I selected Windows 7 compatibility mode and it worked. Some funny sh**!
Thanks all
Jeff
This is not right. Please post a logfile from a random disc.

Thanks for the reply.
Tried installing the latest version 8.5.9.0. Clicking on the installation icon it goes into an infinite loop. Not even listed in the task manager. Weird one.
Windows 11 build 22000 21H2.
Thanks.
Please elaborate. What is an "infinite loop"?

I'll be. After the strange installation issues I tried the 8.5.9.0 installation app just one more time not using compatibility mode. It works now. Have no idea what the gremlin is/was. Only difference is I already installed AnyDVD using win 7 compatibility mode. Done!
Thanks again.
Jeff
Sorry I didn't post in the tech forum. Finished with the thread. Thx

Back