• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD and dual-layer DVD-R

Weird

Whoa... That's weird! Can you see the buttons with the "normal" AnyDVD ripper?

EDIT:
Can you try to resize the window?

Perfectly. I have also dragged the mouse all over the "button" area to see if there is any indication of a "hidden" button but there is none. Strange huh?

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 17
Strange

Whoa... That's weird! Can you see the buttons with the "normal" AnyDVD ripper?

EDIT:
Can you try to resize the window?

The window does NOT open in a full symetrical manner(screen3.jpg) as does the DVD window (screen2.jpg). I must streatch it to see all controls. Even when "FullScreen" (screen 4.jpg)the buttons are missing.

Attachments

• screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 16
  • screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 13
  • screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 12
i have a top spec laptop which plays/burns dvd's/cd's.
will anydvd hd allow me to watch an hd dvd on my laptop?
sorry if this is a stupid question.

Nope

i have a top spec laptop which plays/burns dvd's/cd's.
will anydvd hd allow me to watch an hd dvd on my laptop?
sorry if this is a stupid question.

Your laptop must be equipped with a HD-DVD drive. HP, Compaq and Toshiba each have released new models with these. You could add one of the X-BOX 360 external HD-DVD drives to watch if your laptop meets the video requirements of PowerDVD Ultra and you have the software.

C'mon, folks, don't be so cheap!

AnyDVD-HD should properly be a new product, with its own registration fee.

The great programmers need to make a living too, for providing this terrific software to us all.

Still, I do envy them living in Antigua. Sitting on the beach with a laptop, punching in code.

8)

AnyDVD-HD should properly be a new product, with its own registration fee.

The great programmers need to make a living too, for providing this terrific software to us all.

Still, I do envy them living in Antigua. Sitting on the beach with a laptop, punching in code.

8)
It is a new product. It can decrypt DVDs too though. Existing AnyDVD users just can get a smaller upgrade free.

This goes back to my question about whether it would be possible to split ripped HD_DVD movies into 2-3 dual layer DVDs.
I am resurrecting this thread because I too am interested in the answer to that question.

After having stripped away extraneous materials and reduced the size of the main movie file (as per Ryan's great thread on that subject) to say 14-20 gb, would it then be possible to split that onto two or 3 dual-layer dvds, and then play those dvds on my computer's LG hi-def, dual-format drive using Pdvd?

Thanks for any information.

Edit: I have answered my own question. Just ignore this post. If I thought it were kosher, I'd post a link to the solution, but I don't know that, so I won't.

Last edited:
Playing HD-DVD with DVD's

I seen a guide on CD Freaks forum written by Zevia or post by her.It tells how to with blu-ray but a ? was asked would it work with HD and they said yes but you would have to get the EVO files in order first.They were playing theirs on PS3's.I have not tried this but I did read it.http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/how-downconvert-bd-dvd-239224/ hear is the link.Good luck!

Back