• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 8.2.7.0 Trial Ghost in The Shell error

Thank you for telling me so I guess there is nothing to do :(

I guess this is why PowerDVD Ultra 18 properly doesn't work either.

Quick question: If the drive is a real UHD drive, shouldn't PDVD play it ok if AnyDVD is turned off?

T

It's possible testile, but teddy hasn't been doing that for a while now. If you know which firmware can be made friendly, by all means try it if you can do it.

Oh didn't know Teddy "retired" from that. Well, he did a lot of good work!

Never had to change firmware myself but I thought he had made a few guides to tell others how to do it if they needed to.

T

Quick question: If the drive is a real UHD drive, shouldn't PDVD play it ok if AnyDVD is turned off?

T

Some people on the Cyberlink forum has problems with Intel SGX I am one of them where UltraHD Blu-Ray Advisor Shows Not Available at Intel SGX Technology even Intel's SGX check tool says it's enabled.

upload_2018-7-31_19-6-47.png

T
Yes, if you enjoy all the pain, including - but not limited to - SGX, internal graphics only, HDCP 2.x, no HDMI repeater (!!! so NO receiver/AMP!!!! This is crazy!!!), ....
IMHO even trying is a waste of time. You really don't want that.

Yes, if you enjoy all the pain, including - but not limited to - SGX, internal graphics only, HDCP 2.x, no HDMI repeater (!!! so NO receiver/AMP!!!! This is crazy!!!), ....
IMHO even trying is a waste of time. You really don't want that.

James I'm little confused.

My system requires all these things even when AnyDVD is doing it's thing -- as long as I'm playing discs and not mkv's, etc....

T

James I'm little confused.

My system requires all these things even when AnyDVD is doing it's thing -- as long as I'm playing discs and not mkv's, etc....

T
If PowerDVD requires this for UHD playback without AACS, it is a PowerDVD problem. I don't know how well VLC (Kodi?) supports UHD Blu-ray playback. Worth trying. Normal Blu-ray is quite good, including menus.

They do, it's hardcoded. A user contacted cyberlink themselves a while back and reported back on this forum. Even though with anydvd's magic (and decrypted content), they still enforce the iGPU & SGX.

They do, it's hardcoded. A user contacted cyberlink themselves a while back and reported back on this forum. Even though with anydvd's magic (and decrypted content), they still enforce the iGPU & SGX.

Ch3vron that was me and CyberLink did definitely confirm that. To all of our surprise. And just in case, I tested it as well....

So if the OP thought AnyDVD would help him get around SGX for playing his discs, I think he's SOOL.

BUT if AnyDVD was working for him and he created something else from the disc like an mkv file, then he would be ok.

If he can't return the drive (I think it was newly-purchased?), then I think his only options are to fix SGX and the other issues CyberLInk Advisor is reporting as hurdles to UHD disc playback OR try to change his firmware via Teddy Raspin's guides, if possible.

T

@testiles it's new purchased it on Amazon DE the 18th of July.

I have wrote to my motherboard vendor too, hard AsRock helped out some people with the SGX not being detected properly by every application.

Then it's still within the return window. Just send it back and get a friendly model. I believe the BU30N is, but don't know which (if not all) firmware version(s)

Sent from my Nexus 7 with Tapatalk

If I need to ship it back to Amazon in Germany it will cost me like €40 or smth just in shipping if Amazon doesn't cover it.

I can't seem to locate a BU30N anywhere.

Plus it needs to be USB since my case doesn't have space for 5,25".

I do have a Samsung SH-B123 F/W SB04 and a LG GGW-H20L ROM ver> YL03 but they ain't UHD.

I'd start the return process first, I know for a fact they issue prepaid return labels. You can always cancel the process, sell it as a 'used' model to recup some of the money and get one of the other friendly ones, or get a friendly desktop one and put it in an enclosure.

If I need to ship it back to Amazon in Germany it will cost me like €40 or smth just in shipping if Amazon doesn't cover it.

I can't seem to locate a BU30N anywhere.

Plus it needs to be USB since my case doesn't have space for 5,25".

I do have a Samsung SH-B123 F/W SB04 and a LG GGW-H20L ROM ver> YL03 but they ain't UHD.

With Amazon, at least here in the US, you have to pay to return ship unless the item sent was defective or the wrong item.

But I find they are liberal with the definition of "wrong item". It can sometimes include, "not doing what I thought it would do".

Since you need USB, I would suggest the external drives I use, LG BE16NU50, but I see on Amazon they are currently unavailable.

Truth is, I think any new drive will come with newer firmware that plugs up the "UHD-Friendly" loop hole at the this stage and doing a firmware downgrade or finding an older Used unit may be the only options now.

Would love to know if someone has found and purchased a new UHD-friendly drive recently.

T

Looks like DeUHD actually works with my drive, PowerDVD18 and DVDFab Player 5 now doesn't complain about encryption or anything.

PowerDVD18 sets it to SDR but the screen is black properly because DeUHD is a trial version not sure and it only decrypts like 8-10mins of the movie.

DeUHD successfully.jpg DeUHD Trial.jpg PowerDVD18 DeUHD.jpg

It is friendly up to and including firmware version 1.02. if it comes with 1.02 or lower you'll be fine, in that case UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE update to the 'new' 1.03 (or higher if they'll issue one). LG issued that firmware to close the loophole that makes that drive friendly.

If it comes with 1.03 it can be MADE friendly if you have the skills (and compatible hardware in some cases), and you understand the guide in the forum CD/DVD/bd drive section, or you can return it and get one from a different vendor and hope that one has a good firmware.

If it comes with 1.01 you CAN update to 1.02, but don't go higher than 1.02.

@Ch3vr0n and @testiles you two sounds like you know a lot about Blu-ray Optical drives.

LG's BH16NS55 is listed as a UHD friendly drive does this mean all firmware versions? if so I think I might jump on it togther with a Delock 5.25″ External Enclosure for SATA drives > USB 3.0:
View attachment 43866

I think when those lists were compiled, it was early on, before the manufacturer's were aware of the "problem" and created firmware updates to "fix" it.

So I would say in most cases, it's not for true for the latest firmware versions.

Got my fingers crossed for you that you can get one with 1.02 or lower.

'Cause though I haven't looked at the guide to downgrade drive firmware, I know it can be a bit of a tricky undertaking unless you're really hardware savvy.

BTW, thanks for your compliment, but hardware-savvy I am not. (lol)

I think Ch3vron is your guy for that.

T

Back