• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.6.9.1 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news, not only for the users of your wares, but also that you (developers, all) have the opportunity to gain some recompense for your past and ongoing efforts. Thank you for holding to your belief in 'fair use'.

https://forum.redfox.bz/download/

7.6.9.1 2016 03 01
  • AnyDVD reborn! SlySoft is dead, long live RedFox!
  • This is an intermediate release, so old customers can continue to use their existing AnyDVD license to watch their discs.
  • This version can access the new RedFox Online Protection Database
  • This version will only work, if already own a valid AnyDVD license
  • For compatibility with 3rd party programs, AnyDVD will still use "SlySoft" for directories and registry paths
  • It will replace an existing SlySoft AnyDVD installation
  • New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
  • Some minor fixes and improvements

The fox is not completely back yet, but on it's way...
Really glad to hear it! I hope you will soon be !00% back and that Hollywood and their cronies who did this go to Hell!

Redfox team, you have deservedly received a huge amount of thanks and I will add mine here as well; I discovered the changes in the AnyDVD situation this morning when I started to use the software on Game of Thrones Season 5, and have experienced the gamut of emotions - literally the 5 stages of grief, only to have my faith in mankind & the tech world restored. As a loyal customer since 2008 I have often thought that AnyDVD was the best value I had ever received from a piece of software.

I am very glad to get another opportunity to support you; I look forward to the chance to purchase again. This might not be a super popular suggestion, but I would be happy to be an annual purchaser rather than my current lifelong status, just to make sure that you continue to be compensated for your efforts. Thank you again for this seemly small but (for me at least) vital capability: watching my purchased media where and how I want to.

Any word on being able to purchase a licence? I was a trial user when all the drama went down a few weeks ago. Now my trial is over and im wanting to support this great group and software.

Unable to fully download 7.6.9.1: downloading starts but then rapidly drops to zero and never progresses. First time I have experienced this type of issue.

Could this be some form of file blocking or are the RedFox servers overloaded?

If the file was blocked it would be your antivirus not allowing you to begin the download in the first place, an overload could be but unlikely or the forum likely wouldn't be able to load either. I'd try again later and/or different browser.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Glad you are back. I don't do a lot of backing up my DVDs, but it is great to know you are still here to help us.

For those that have not seen it yet, it's worth mentioning that 7.6.9.1 is the LAST version of AnyDVD (HD) that SlySoft license keys will work with.
SlySoft license keys for AnyDVD (HD) will only work up to version 7.6.9.1. The RedFox OPD (Online Protection Database) for this version will be available until Saturday, April 30, 2016, afterwards AnyDVD HD may no longer be able to decrypt discs.

SlySoft licenses of other products are not affected and will continue to work normally.
Source: https://www.redfox.bz/download.html

"may no longer be able to decrypt discs." At least it doesn't say "will not".

And hopefully, my lifetime Slysoft key will still be honored by whatever concern carries on.

I personally think that the lifetime Slysoft keys should be honored. It shows how dedicated us customers were when we purchased the lifetime key. If they aren't honored then why would anyone be willing to buy another lifetime key if that's how the previous purchasers were treated? Love the product and appreciate everything the staff has done to keep it running, but if I'm going to be charged a higher price for a product that's considered lifetime then I'd appreciate the company honoring that commitment. None of the other products are being affected. I'd be pretty disappointed since I referred this product and company to many of my friends and convinced them to go with the lifetime key purchase. I'm kind of hesitant to ever purchase a lifetime key again if the company can just change it's name and start all over again charging a new fee every time it changes it's name.

"may no longer be able to decrypt discs." At least it doesn't say "will not".

And hopefully, my lifetime Slysoft key will still be honored by whatever concern carries on.

My interpretation of the information is that any type of disc be it DVD or Blu-ray that can be decrypted without the need to access the OPD will continue to work just fine. As it should. The software won't self-destruct. Access, to the OPD, on the other hand, will come to an end.

I cannot comment on anything regarding licensing.

Is there any way to download the protection database so we have a local copy?

I personally think that the lifetime Slysoft keys should be honored. It shows how dedicated us customers were when we purchased the lifetime key. If they aren't honored then why would anyone be willing to buy another lifetime key if that's how the previous purchasers were treated? Love the product and appreciate everything the staff has done to keep it running, but if I'm going to be charged a higher price for a product that's considered lifetime then I'd appreciate the company honoring that commitment. None of the other products are being affected. I'd be pretty disappointed since I referred this product and company to many of my friends and convinced them to go with the lifetime key purchase. I'm kind of hesitant to ever purchase a lifetime key again if the company can just change it's name and start all over again charging a new fee every time it changes it's name.

I don't agree. While all the facts aren't in the open, it appears 'the company', aka Slysoft, finally succumbed due to ongoing pressure from all sides. It appears 'the company' that arose from the ashes, aka RedFox, is an enterprise put together by ex-employees, with little more to start with than existing code, databases, and customer lists, and apparently little to no funding. I am willing to help with renewing my lifetime license for a reasonable amount. I view this whole situation as a crowd funding sort of deal. In any case, it is a decision that will have to be made by each existing lifetime license holder, based on our individual needs and values.
Not clear if anyone ever made it big in a $$$ sense from Slysoft, given all the costs of fending off the lawyers of their opponents. Yet another situation where the facts aren't in the open, and probably never will be.
I will say, in support of the employees, I have never used a software product, for such a reasonable price (or any price for that matter), that is a good as AnyDVDHD. The quality, support, commitment to support customers in real time, etc.... is unparalleled. These same employees are now apparently at the helm of RedFox. Sounds like it's worth another round of support to me.

Last edited:
"with little more to start with than existing code"

Do not underestimate this! It's the whole business base. So they are not starting from nothing.

If you look at the various discussion threads from when slysoft disappeared, you will see:
Slysoft went under owing its employees money
These ex-employees initiated a discussion concening how far anydvd users would support a continuation
At that point, everyone agreed they would be prepared to financially support a continuation of the product
There was also discussion of the possible methodologies (annual sub etc) and the fact that without the online protection database anydvd stopped to function
The ex-employees have proceeded to ground a new business based on the financial promises made by us the user base, and also have made available at their own time and cost the interim version of anydvd, for which i am personally very grateful given that i would have "lost" a whole bunch of my bd's otherwise
As and when redfox announce their financial way forward, I am sure it will reflect the earlier discussion and also the promises that we the users made

I agree with all of that. I only remarked they are not starting from nothing.

So how are the LTL buyers and what incentives will be giving if this option is no longer available? This is something that also need a answer to as well in the new company. Those that bought it in the past because of this option shouldn't be left to the curb as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back