• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.6.8.1 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
NOTE: This beta version requires a valid registration key, it will not work in trial mode.

Download here: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD7681.exe

7.6.8.1 2016 01 26
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (DVD): Support for new discs
- Change: Installer signed with SHA256 certificate
- Some minor fixes and improvements

A question?
James, do you feel the fact that MS "didn't like" the old signature was a deliberate attempt to take a "swipe" at AnyDVD?

-W (just wondering)

It's not a swipe at anydvd or anything else. Only that sha1 has become less secure over the years and could by bypassed and as such no longer deemed secure. That's all there is to it.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Need a little help I have an old computer but i can't install the new update. I have a lifetime liscense, but i'm running vista 32bit from 2006 and I can't install the latest update. Thanks for any help.

what do you mean "can't install"? Are you getting an error? If so, what is it? 7681 should install just fine.

When I click to try and install it does nothing no error no window opens I think it has to do with the sha256, thanks for the help.

Confirmed, has something to do with the hash buffer. You'll find more info and a solution here. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2763674. However vista has become seriously obsolete. Windows 7 will stop getting updates in a while, vista already has. Recommend updating to at least W8.1.

@James I tagged you here so you would be notified. Perhaps you can embed the fix in installers for vista and XP or use a signature that works universally without manually downloading a kb.

7681 installs fine on mine computers but 7680 does not on any of them. This is the message I get on all of them when I try to run it after downloading 7680:
"The signature of SetupAnyDVD7680.exe is corrupt or invalid." And it gives me the choice of "Delete or View Downloads". Both of my computers are Windows 7 Pro all updates and Service Pack 1. IE 11. Both computers use SSDs for boot drives and HDs for data drives. I will use this beta version until I can use a released version. Thanks again for posting this beta. Jack

that's because 7680 was signed with sha1 which has been deemed insecure by Microsoft. That's their fault. Not slysofts.

Actually (as you pointed out above) SHA-1 has been deemed to be "less than secure" and MS seems correct to not accept it. That's to their credit - not their "fault".
AnyDVD moving to SHA-256 is a good move on Slysoft's part.
See article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-1

yeah i know it's for the better obviously, but what i meant was that the user didn't do anything wrong. It's microsoft's "fault" (in a good way, hence the " ") that sha1 is no longer accepted.

I too am getting this same message. I uninstalled AnyDVD and then tried to reinstall only to get the same message. I am running Windows 8.1, IE 11. I tried the sandbox link but it said the page was not found. HELP!! Lifetime license too but not a techy (avg user).

That's because there's a newer 7683 version in the sticky at the top.

Back