• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.4.7.2 beta

Betting that still doesn't work....
Didn't work. :(

Maybe the Canadian version is handled different, don't know enough about it to make a comment on why it doesn't work.

If James wants me to send a copy to see if he can reproduce the problem, or even the original disc _ just to satisfy my curiosity.

You may keep the movie James, I've seen it so many times I won't be watching it again anyway.

Last edited:
Cinavia appearing in PDVD14 patch 4028

I think I have now got a copy of Powerdvd 14 patch 4028.58 working (i.e. not muting sound via Cinavia) on a PC that was previously coming up with Cinavia message.

Pirates Misfits! has now been running for over 30 minutes with no message/muting.

Edit : Played all the way through. :rock:

Last edited:
Didn't work. :(

Maybe the Canadian version is handled different, don't know enough about it to make a comment on why it doesn't work.

If James wants me to send a copy to see if he can reproduce the problem, or even the original disc _ just to satisfy my curiosity.

You may keep the movie James, I've seen it so many times I won't be watching it again anyway.

I don't think the movie title is the problem. Please try AnYDVD 7.4.7.3 and check, if the notification icon turns green during playback.

What'd you end up doing?

I figured yesterday that it was either disk specific or a problem with the version of PDVD. After Adbear confirmed that he could play Spiderman that someone else couldn't it had to be down to PowerDVD.

This fixes it for me on all 3 PCs of mine.

1) I de-installed 4028.

2) Went here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38649.page and downloaded the 4028 beta. They had a problem with their update process so they issued this as a full install.

3) Confirmed here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38894.page that there is no difference between this beta and the final 4028 patch.

4) Installed the (full) beta and entered my serial number.

5) This works as expected and as James's and others version is behaving.

I assume there is some sort of problem with the patch as an upgrade or the upgrade process, anyway this is the fix and it now works as expected.

Thanks for this, but I will have to take your word for it as I have no product key to test this version. This confirms that there is something wrong with the trial version.
This begs the question, "what version is James using and does he have a product key or is he using the trial from Cyberlink" ?

James, what download are you using, I don't think it was ever brought up ?

Last edited:
Thanks for this, but I will have to take your word for it as I have no product key to test this version. This confirms that there is something wrong with the trial version.
This begs the question, "what version is James using and does he have a product key or is he using the trial from Cyberlink" ?

James, what download are you using, I don't think it was ever brought up ?

Or more likely, the upgrade process to 4028, trial or not.

I use the official update from a previous version (PowerDVD_14.0.4028.58_Patch_DVD140418-09.exe).
Thanks James, I'm betting that if you uninstalled that and installed the trial available from the Cyberlink page, the Cinavia solution wouldn't work.
It's also reassuring to know that if I went with the upgrade version, that it would run properly. :)

It's interesting though that the date on the patch is from the 26th of June and the trial is from the 28th of June, which may indicate that Cyberlink has already done something to break your Cinavia fix.
One more thing, I also patched my version 13 Ultra to 3919 and I can confirm that your Cinavia fix works there.

Last edited:
Or more likely, the upgrade process to 4028, trial or not.

I just watched 30 minutes of Amazing Spiderman with no sound muting. I also installed the (full) beta and entered my serial number. They recommend that if you upgraded from a previous version of PDVD to not use the full release. I did it anyway and PDVD beta did accept my serial number. I think it counts against the allowable number of installs. Spiderman usually mutes after 22 minutes. I think there is a problem with the PDVD 14 build 4028 patch installer that affects some users, but not all of them. I don't understand why it caused problems with a few of us and not all of us. I verified with James when beta 1 of anydvd came out and caused me problems that we were using the same exact patch.

I figured yesterday that it was either disk specific or a problem with the version of PDVD. After Adbear confirmed that he could play Spiderman that someone else couldn't it had to be down to PowerDVD.

This fixes it for me on all 3 PCs of mine.

1) I de-installed 4028.

2) Went here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38649.page and downloaded the 4028 beta. They had a problem with their update process so they issued this as a full install.

3) Confirmed here http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38894.page that there is no difference between this beta and the final 4028 patch.

4) Installed the (full) beta and entered my serial number.

5) This works as expected and as James's and others version is behaving.

I assume there is some sort of problem with the patch as an upgrade or the upgrade process, anyway this is the fix and it now works as expected.

Wow. That's wild. Thanks!

Confirmed: Icon turns green
Uninstalled preset PDVD 14.0.4028 (kept user preferences), downloaded full installer, ran it. Launched jack ryan (not that i know if it has cinavia) but as soon as the movie studio clip popped up with audio icon turned green.. They say they're bit-for-bit identical, but there has to be SOMETHING that's causing it not to work

Back