• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.1.6.0 RELEASE

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
7.1.6.0 2013 03 05

- New: Option to disable Cinavia detection when using AnyDVD with ArcSoft
TMT 5.3, TMT 6.0 or PowerDVD 12
- New: Rip to image will create sparse files to reduce the size of
required disc space and faster image creation
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new discs
- New (DVD): Support for new discs
- Fix (DVD): Removing annoyances could make some discs unplayable
- Some minor fixes and improvements

Download at http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Any time I insert a disc it's asking me what region it is:
untitledrpayc.png

Preference is set to "Automatic" for region code removal.

EDIT: Looks like this is not exclusive to 7.1.6.0 and for some reason a large number of my ripped (protected) images are now asking for region information when mounted in VCD with "Note: automatic detection of region code not possible with this disc."

Last edited:
If you select the "Automatically remove region code" or whatever that setting is, it brings this menu up every time you put a movie on. It's only supposed to ask you once, but once for each movie annoyed me enough to turn that feature off.

But anyway - the reason I just registered (even though a lifetime subscriber) - did I just read that it removes cinivia protection!!!??? I've been avoiding my TMT5 updates for this reason holy cow!

Strange, with the images that I ripped today in 7.1.6.0, it has no problem detecting the region automatically. I'm sure that I must have had that option enabled previously, because I don't even have a region set on my drives.

I assumed it was a change in 7.1.6.0 that caused it, but now I am not so sure. I have no idea what the cause could be though.

7.1.6.0 2013 03 05
- New: Option to disable Cinavia detection when using AnyDVD with ArcSoft
TMT 5.3, TMT 6.0 or PowerDVD 12

Wow, this is definitely good news :clap: :D:bowdown:

As I have not installed latest cinavia enabled player and can't test this myself, could someone please explain disabling of cinavia detection in a little bit more detail?

For instance, if I make a backup ISO copy of a cinavia infested disc with AnyDVD HD 7.1.6.0 and imgburn onto my NAS and watch ISO with my HTPC and TMT 6, do I need to have AnyDVD HD running in my HTPC while I watch the movie? Or is cinavia already disabled in the backed up ISO?

Did I read this right??

Did I read this right?

Has Cinavia now effectively been killed?
If so, a little more info would be very helpful. Such as:-

Is it done on the fly?
Do you have to rip to ISO?

Any details appreciated.

Thanks

Strange, with the images that I ripped today in 7.1.6.0, it has no problem detecting the region automatically. I'm sure that I must have had that option enabled previously, because I don't even have a region set on my drives.

I assumed it was a change in 7.1.6.0 that caused it, but now I am not so sure. I have no idea what the cause could be though.

Explanation regarding automatic region code removal:
automatic means: AnyDVD tries to determine the region of the disc (which it needs to know in order to remove it). With most discs it will fail to automatically detect the region, so it asks.
When it prompts you for the region, it will store that information, so it doesn't have to ask again (for that specific disc).

The region code you have set on your drives has absolutely nothing to do with Blu-ray region codes. It doesn't come into play at all. The drive region code is ONLY for DVDs.
Note: not setting the DVD region code is not wise. AnyDVD may have trouble with some DVDs then (rare though).

Did I read this right?

Has Cinavia now effectively been killed?
If so, a little more info would be very helpful. Such as:-

Is it done on the fly?
Do you have to rip to ISO?

Any details appreciated.

Thanks

It has effectively been killed for PC playback.

It doesn't matter what format you rip to, AnyDVD HD just has to be running when playing back the file in the software player.

I have tried ISO, BD Folder and MKV with perfect success.

It will work with previously ripped files too.

Wow, this is definitely good news :clap: :D:bowdown:

For instance, if I make a backup ISO copy of a cinavia infested disc with AnyDVD HD 7.1.6.0 and imgburn onto my NAS and watch ISO with my HTPC and TMT 6, do I need to have AnyDVD HD running in my HTPC while I watch the movie? Or is cinavia already disabled in the backed up ISO?

You will need AnyDVD HD running in the background during playback, Cinavia is not disabled on the backed up file.

I love the understated SlySoft way... "Oh Yeah, by the way we now disable Cinavera at the SW player level". Couple of Q:
1) Does this work with playback from Disc, ISO, and structures ?
2) How robust is this method (eg do you expect changes by Arcsoft, Cyberlink etc to prevent this)?

Great lateral thinking. Hard to remove the watermark from the content.... well then remove the players ability to read it!

EDIT- beat me too it!

Last edited:
Hi

Question on the region code comments.

When anydvd hd asks me I always set as region free, even if the blu ray comes from A or B or wherever.

Is this wrong?

Should I have selected the actual region code?

I have never seemed to have a problem, so am I worrying about nothing?

I have not yet updated to this latest version of anydvd hd. Will updating cause me problems given I have always selected region free?

Thanks

Hi

Question on the region code comments.

When anydvd hd asks me I always set as region free, even if the blu ray comes from A or B or wherever.

Is this wrong?

When you select "region free", AnyDVD will believe that the disc is already region free and will not touch region coding at all.
In other words: the region code is not removed.

You won't have a problem with that, as long as the disc either really is region free or has the same region code your player is set to.
But then you can save yourself the trouble of having AnyDVD ask youi every time and instead disable the region code removal.

(Think about it: if always selecting "region free" would make the discs region free, why would AnyDVD pop up that prompt in the first place?)

I love the understated SlySoft way... "Oh Yeah, by the way we now disable Cinavera at the SW player level". Couple of Q:
1) Does this work with playback from Disc, ISO, and structures ?
Yes, yes and yes (as the beta testers have pointed out).

2) How robust is this method (eg do you expect changes by Arcsoft, Cyberlink etc to prevent this)?
I don't think Cyberlink or Arcsoft have a big interest to implement countermeasures, but the "powers-that-be" might ask (force?) them to do this.
Time will tell.

Awesome, very happy lifetime customer here.

Just a question James - I supposed having the "anti-cinavia" system turned on permanently doesn't affect the audio of non-cinavia discs? Or shall I just turn it on for Cinavia discs?

Thanks!

When you select "region free", AnyDVD will believe that the disc is already region free and will not touch region coding at all.
In other words: the region code is not removed.

You won't have a problem with that, as long as the disc either really is region free or has the same region code your player is set to.
But then you can save yourself the trouble of having AnyDVD ask youi every time and instead disable the region code removal.

(Think about it: if always selecting "region free" would make the discs region free, why would AnyDVD pop up that prompt in the first place?)

So what should I do about all my discs I have ripped as iso files? Can I delete the saved "region free" association that I have effectively created and recreate with the appropriate region? How do I do this? Sorry if this is a newbie question, but as I said, so far I have not had problems, but want to head off any that might arise.

Thanks

Nope

Sorry, but to fix this status you need the original disc..

Very nice on the cinavia work around.

Tangentially, does anyone know if you can install arcsoft 6 and leave 5 in place? If they do attempt countermeasures, I'd like to be able to revert to the older player...

There seems to be many people who are confused about the Cinavia player patching.

AnyDVD does NOT "remove" Cinavia from any discs as it does AACS, region coding, etc.

This is a software player patch. When AnyDVD is running, it will patch commercial PC Blu-ray players only so that they no longer stop playback on Cinavia detection. It does NOTHING to the discs themselves. Cinavia will still trigger if an ISO copy is made and played back on a set top player or PS3.

This is a software player patch. When AnyDVD is running, it will patch commercial PC Blu-ray players only so that they no longer stop playback on Cinavia detection. It does NOTHING to the discs themselves. Cinavia will still trigger if an ISO copy is made and played back on a set top player or PS3.

This is an excellent and comprehensive summary. Maybe a sticky candidate?

Good work from SlySoft :bowdown:

Just to confirm that the audio mute bug with TMT 5.3.1.172 reported in the 7.1.5.5 beta thread is still present on 7.1.6.0.
Otherwise, 7.1.6.0 works perfectly with TMT 6 build 119.
@thrang: you can keep TMT 5 and TMT 6 installed, they are compatible with each other. However, because of the audio bug with build 172 of TMT5, better install build 146 (the one without Cinavia).
I have also experienced an incomplete uninstall with TMT 5 build 172 which I think is due to the AnyDVDHD patch, as I never had such an issue uninstalling TMT before. So before uninstalling one of the players, it might be safer to exit AnyDVDHD (disable it might be enough) if the anti-cinavia feature is enabled.

Last edited:
Back