• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.1.3.0

Hawk

Download here: http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

- New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
- New (Blu-ray): Support for Java based playback problems
- Fix (Blu-ray): Crash with some BD+ discs
- New (DVD): Support for new copy protections
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

I have a nice big stack of purchased discs that I had been putting off backing up until a couple of days ago, and of course, as always, when I do that, a frenzy of new releases starts to happen as soon as I start to work on it. What really makes me nervous is that the change logs are not showing what is new or changed between releases, so that makes me wonder if the backups I have been making with all these different previous releases over the past couple of days are going to be work OK. (In other words, it worries me that there might be bugfixing going on that is not being documented.)

So I'm not sure if I should hold off until the news release stream stabilizes again? Does anyone know if a bunch of new releases are still being planned over the next few days? :confused:

New releases are to correct problems with the newest releases, they do not generally mess up copying older discs. Go ahead, do your thing now rather than waiting for Xmas morning. Too hectic then, lol.

Make sure you have the most recent stable version (7.1.3.0), and go ahead & start backing up. If you wait for the next big thing (or in this case, the next stable update) you're going to be waiting forever, because there will always be another "The next big thing" right around the corner...There may be a new update around Christmas, and then another around New Years when new titles get released, then the week following.... If you keep waiting, you'll never get a disc backed up.

Generally, as long as the disc backs up fine, and neither AnyDVD nor CloneDVD (or whichever program you're using to backup) "yell" at you, the resulting output should be good. If you do get "yelled" at, come back here & check for a new Beta release and give it a try. If it still fails, come back and post your log file. The fine, outstanding Slysoft team will look it over, let you know if it's something on your end or will get busy trying to crack the new encryption & get a beta out for you to try as soon as they can. While you wait, just put that disc to the side & keep going through your pile. As mentioned in a previous reply, updates only affect decryption abilities for new titles, so if 7.1.3.0 can handle it, 7.1.3.2 (or whatever the next stable will be) should treat it the same as 7.1.3.0, so no use waiting.

Worst case, while entertaining family with movies over the holidays, you find an issue with one of the discs... Just grab that title out of storage & try to back it up again (after checking for a new beta), and give the defective disc away as a shiny coaster for Uncle Buck's hot coco...

DVDRs are only like 50-cents so one or two duds shouldn't break the bank too badly. But if you want to test before you burn, rip them as an iso file to your hard drive, and once the backup is done, launch it with your favorite media player. I personally prefer VLC as it can basically play anything & is able to play iso files directly, without having to mount them... If it plays fine, then go ahead & burn to DVD (or whatever you're doing with your backups) if not... come back here & share....

Make sure you have the most recent stable version (7.1.3.0), and go ahead & start backing up. If you wait for the next big thing (or in this case, the next stable update)

Around here, the betas are just as "stable" as the release versions.
The difference is - that they are for registered users only.
They keep us real users "ahead of the cycle" a bit is all.

-W

I guess my confusion, was that 7.1.2.4, 7.1.2.5, then 7.1.3.0 were released in a relatively rapid succession, but the release notes were unchanged between those versions.

Typical numbering for beta versions and stable versions, but certainly not mandatory.

stable versions 7.1,2.0 then 7.1.3.0 then 7.1.4.0
beta versions 7.1.2.2 then 7.1.2.4 then 7.1.2.6

Any amount of beta version can be between the stable versions

Beta versions are designed to fix problems in the previous stable version OR previous beta version, but they also have the ability to turn around and create their own problems.

When the developers feel they have fixed all the know problems with the beta updates, then they are polished (if needed) and a NEW stable version is created.

Just make sure you always use the latest version available at the time of back-up beta or stable version, and you should be all right.:agree:

Release notes are just very general notes to tell you the major things that have changed, they don't tell you each detailed engineering function that was required to go from one update to the next update. Expertise is kept quiet.

I guess my confusion, was that 7.1.2.4, 7.1.2.5, then 7.1.3.0 were released in a relatively rapid succession, but the release notes were unchanged between those versions.

Like James said often, its " Magic" and a magician never reveals his secrets.;);)

Can't download

I've tried for a couple of days now to download version 7.1.3.0. The download always hangs after about 2%. I have shut off my anti-virus program but that doesn't seem to help. This is not a problem with installing; it is a problem with downloading in the first place. I have never encountered this problem before.

Any help would be appreciated!

I've tried for a couple of days now to download version 7.1.3.0. The download always hangs after about 2%. I have shut off my anti-virus program but that doesn't seem to help. This is not a problem with installing; it is a problem with downloading in the first place. I have never encountered this problem before.

Any help would be appreciated!

All I can say is that you're the first one.... :(

-W

paquette, Try a different browser, maybe clear your cache etc in your current one.

Prometheus

I am having trouble with Prometheus Region B 2D.

Movie only is fine.

Whole disk is a problem, the problem is with Exixting Menu or Speed menu.

The image fails to start correctly.

If I use speed menu, the mounted image fails as soon as you click the first play item.

Can anybody help.

Thanks and Happy New Year to all.

I was referring to how you find out where your post has gone, just click on your profile, then go to the statistics tab and then click on 'find all posts'

Back