• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ANYDVD HD 7.0.0 Crashes when ripping 2 discs

Fawks

Anydvd is crashing when I try to rip two DVDs at the same time. The process runs normally until the second disc gets to 99% Processed. At that point Windows says that "AnyDVD Application has stopped working:
=> Check online for a solution and close the program
=> Close the Program"

I Have successfully ripped these discs, and others, while ripping only one disc at a time. But, when trying to rip multiple discs at a time the crash occurs.

Attachments

• ANYDVD 7.0.0 crash.jpg
    ANYDVD 7.0.0 crash.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 14
  • AnyDVD_7.0.0.0_Info_I_HEROES.zip
    166.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_7.0.0.0_Info_H_HEROES.zip
    125.6 KB · Views: 1
Anydvd is crashing when I try to rip two DVDs at the same time. The process runs normally until the second disc gets to 99% Processed. At that point Windows says that "AnyDVD Application has stopped working:
=> Check online for a solution and close the program
=> Close the Program"

I Have successfully ripped these discs, and others, while ripping only one disc at a time. But, when trying to rip multiple discs at a time the crash occurs.
I strongly recommend to use multiple instances of CloneDVD instead. This works more reliable.

I strongly recommend to use multiple instances of CloneDVD instead. This works more reliable.

I'm not Cloning or copying a disc. I'm was ripping multiple discs VIDEO_TS files to a hard drive so that I can use the files with Windows Media Center. I have a windows home server 2011 that I have ripped 99% of my DVDs and Blu-ray movies to. (I say 99% because I can not get the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang to rip to my computer successfully.)

I have successfully ripped multiple disks at the same time using 'video DVD to hard disk' with previous versions of AnyDVD and had no problems. I noticed that the rips of the 5 seasons of HEROES seemed to be corrupted when I tried to play them in Media Center so I was trying to quickly rip them again using multiple discs on multiple drives at the same time and had AnyDVD crash on me.

I don't know if I'm the only one who has come across that problem. But, I have posted it here so that others can know and possibly fix an issue if it is in AnyDVD, or tell me its a problem with my system.

-----
(Ok... Is the spelling supposed to be disk or disc? Whats the difference?)

I'm not Cloning or copying a disc. I'm was ripping multiple discs VIDEO_TS files to a hard drive so that I can use the files with Windows Media Center.
Yes, and this is what CloneDVD can do wonderfully, 10 times in parallel, if you wish.

You DO recall that's not an option for BDs, right? :p But then I haven't tried to rip 2 BDs at a time--only one physical BD drive here. (Maybe rip from a VCD ISO?)

You DO recall that's not an option for BDs, right? :p But then I haven't tried to rip 2 BDs at a time--only one physical BD drive here. (Maybe rip from a VCD ISO?)

I do. And I certainly know that there won't be a problem if you copy multiple Blu-ray discs or HD DVDs with AnyDVD ripper, hence you don't need the CloneDVD workaround. :D

Yes, and this is what CloneDVD can do wonderfully, 10 times in parallel, if you wish.

Ok. I'll try it out then. A few years back I purchased the all Slysoft products to get the lifetime update special that they had during the holidays. At least I do not have to purchase the product now.

But, why is AnyDVD crashing when I run two rips now? Anybody else having this problem?

Last edited:
But, why is AnyDVD crashing when I run two rips now? Anybody else having this problem?
Yes, this is a very nasty, hard to reproduce and hard to fix problem only when ripping Video DVDs to folder.

I do. And I certainly know that there won't be a problem if you copy multiple Blu-ray discs or HD DVDs with AnyDVD ripper, hence you don't need the CloneDVD workaround. :D
I'm sure you knew I was razzing you JUST a bit, but thanks for pointing out this issue doesn't exist with BDs & HD DVDs. :clap::rock:

Yes, this is a very nasty, hard to reproduce and hard to fix problem only when ripping Video DVDs to folder.
Is this only when using the ripper built into AnyDVD? Or will it also happen with tcclone.exe?

Is this only when using the ripper built into AnyDVD? Or will it also happen with tcclone.exe?

Only the built in ripper, of course. Tcclone cannot crash AnyDVD. ;)

Back