• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.8.0.8 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
This beta *will* work in trial mode.
It fixes several problems with DVDs and supports the new "online protection database" to speed up decryption.

Download here: http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6809.exe

6.8.0.9 2011 06 09
- New (Blu-ray): Support for AACS MKB v25
- New (Blu-ray): Added new "Online Protection Database"
- New (Blu-ray): Faster processing of BD+ protected discs
- New (Blu-ray): Added support for new BD+ protection
- New (Blu-ray): Support for new Java based protection
- New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
- New (Blu-ray): No longer tries to perform Java fixes on unprotected discs / images
- New (DVD): Support for new copy protections
- New (DVD): AI scanner improvements
- Change (DVD): Removed obsolete old copy protection removal method
- Fix (Blu-ray): BD+ firmware warning with some discs
- Fix (DVD): Bug introduced in AnyDVD version 6.8.0.0, PS18 error with some discs
- Fix (DVD): Bug introduced in AnyDVD version 6.8.0.0, IFOTitles 3 error with some discs
- Fix (DVD): Bug in AIscanner, causing some discs not to decrypt properly
- Some minor fixes and improvements

Last edited:
Popular fixes included

1. True Grit is fixed in this version if it is the legitimate studio release 8)

True grit and dvd shrink v3.2

I used DVD Shrink v3.2 together with anydvd. Anydvd 6.8.0.8 does not work using this combination. Dvd Shrink says cannot open disc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I used DVD Shrink v3.2 together with anydvd. Anydvd 6.8.0.8 does not work using this combination. Dvd Shrink says cannot open disc. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Please look at the AnyDVD FAQ, which also implies you need to post an AnyDVD log file, or see this or this bit of info.

All of this info is always available at the very top of this Forum.

EDIT: you might have to rip first with the AnyDVD ripper first, then convert with Shrink to fix your problem.

Last edited:
Rip to the hard drive first then use DVD Shrink. DVD shrink is old and no longer updated and can't always handle newer discs unless they are ripped to the hard drive first

Why 6.8.0.8 not out of beta yet

Just wondering why the latest version (6.8.0.8) isn't available on the web site. I had to find it in the forum thread to be able to read a "True Grit" DVD. I'm sure there will be many others who are getting this DVD today who will be very frustrated that the latest official version of Any DVD on the web site can't read it.

Just wondering why the latest version (6.8.0.8) isn't available on the web site. I had to find it in the forum thread to be able to read a "True Grit" DVD. I'm sure there will be many others who are getting this DVD today who will be very frustrated that the latest official version of Any DVD on the web site can't read it.

Hi :)
Welcome on board .
Betas' are just that .
Yes many may wish to take advantage of this version .
So if they haven't invested already .
Now's the time .

Check forum for beta updates while mobile using Tapatalk .
Courtesy of team Slysoft ;)

As others have said, rip to hard drive first. I encountered the same problem, but ripping to hard drive will prepare the files for Dvd shrink. Though I don't use shrink anymore :p I use something far better ;)
If you don't have ~6.00Gb of free space, that's a different problem entirely...

Thank you once again slysoft! :D

Happy Ending!

Wouldn't work with latest site update.
Did a quick search on True Grit.
Got the answer and link to Beta version.
Installed Beta, AnyDVD ran fine. CloneDVDMobile did its thing.
Plays like a champ.

Life is Good!

LOL! Sorry, I'm aware of the typical/standard Dual layer dvd size, I was simply posting the ripped size of "True Grit" :p

Loaded 6.8.0.8 Beta

I was then able to make a good backup copy of True Grit.

Thanks Slysoft! :rock:

AnyDVD 6.8.0.8 Beta Works Great

I, too, had trouble with True Grit. Installed 6.8.0.8 beta and CloneDVD2 worked perfectly. Thanks!!

1. True Grit is fixed in this version if it is the legitimate studio release 8)

Great job! I just got my copy of True Grit (DVD) tried to rip it with CloneDVD2 and had the problem everyone else had. Came to this site, saw the new AnyDVD version - and it fixed the problem.

I can imagine that there are dozens of programmers working for the movie industry trying to come up with new copy protection methods - and after working on it for weeks (maybe months) they fianlly come up with something new - only to have you guys beat it a few days.

Your amazing.:bowdown:

what is better than Dvd shrink ?

I think CloneDVD2 is excellent, but since I bought it, I'm not neutral in that regard.

However, I've heard people mention Nero Recode as being very excellent, and here's something Shrink fans should know: the person that created DVD Shrink now works for Nero, and created/works on Nero Recode.

EDIT: Forgot to add Imgburn. It's excellent, and above all, FREE.

Last edited:
However, I've heard people mention Nero Recode as being very excellent, and here's something Shrink fans should know: the person that created DVD Shrink now works for Nero, ....

Worked. I don't think he does anymore. And IMHO Nero Recode is far worse than Shrink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back