• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.8.0.10 beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying that I should install this on a Macintosh and use the right click button? I didn't think that the anydvd driver was compatible with Macintosh. (Also, not my mac).

Absolutely not. If you look at the system requirements you'll not see Apple or Macintosh listed anywhere. That's pretty clear cut.

This is getting completely off-track and is not worth the aggravation of dealing with people who respond to posts without reading them.

James answered your question. Right-click on the option for enabling/disabling the Online protection database under AnyDVD's program settings. It speeds up removing protections if you use the online database. If you disable the use of the database or have no internet connection it may take longer to remove the protection or if the disc is very new then the protection may not be properly handled until a newer version of AnyDVD is released. At present it is only working with Blu-Ray discs. In the future is will also work with DVDs from what has been stated.

Nowhere on this forum resides an explanation of the "online protection database". When support is asked to give a brief description, it is automatically assumed that I am either too ignorant or just plain lazy to dig out the answer myself.

No explanation exists in the forums because the feature literally was just added to AnyDVD. It didn't exist until now.

And, the side-stepping of my question by the members here does not alleviate my concerns...only compounds them.

Thank you for all of your comments

Your question was not side-stepped. You were told to right-click. Doing so on the feature explains what it is. Nearly every AnyDVD setting is explained if you right-click on it.

Last edited:
One thing I have encountered in all my years of providing tech support for almost everyone on the planet (not actually, it just seems that way) is different levels of computer knowledge. Whenever I am assessing a problem (be it PC, MAC or LInux), it's an assessment of both the person and the PC. One thing I realize is that the majority of the people don't have my knowledge and expertise-that's why they called me-and therefore I try and keep my explanations at a level that they can comprehend. I try and be helpful and give explanations that make them feel more comfortable and relaxed in dealing with their computer problem-help take away some of the intimidation factor and "I'm a dummy when it comes to computers..." feeling. Viki had a legitimate question; and, has her own personal prerogative as far as online security goes.... Of course some thought it more expedient to have a good laugh than actually help her. I would think that "Senior Member" in someone's ID would signify that they would have a little bit more patience and understanding and would thus be even "more" helpful than most-instead of it meaning that they are a "Senior you know what." I think some of the people in this forum should have apologized to Viki instead justifying their sophomoric responses. I'm an air traffic controller, type A personality, and deal with inflated superegos all day, everyday, even my own sometimes. I can tell you, we certainly have enough superegos in this forum. If someone needs help, then lets just offer some sincere help, and inflate our egos that way instead of the other way. Just my $0.02 worth.

az_raiden :)

and why should moonie read the rules?
:/

... don't know

so, do you think if you were to unplug the internet connection this online database won't be able update and not have problems burning?

so, do you think if you were to unplug the internet connection this online database won't be able update and not have problems burning?

You don't need to unplug the connection, you can simply disable it in AnyDVD settings.

Personally... I don't see the need for this so much for SD-DVD's as opposed to Blu-Rays?
Will the latest beta (for registered users) be just as effective still??

-W

Personally... I don't see the need for this so much for SD-DVD's as opposed to Blu-Rays?
Current beta doesn't use it for SD-DVS. But it will be very helpful for SD-DVDs:

1.) 10 minute scan times are thing from the past
2.) CSS keys can be obtained, even if the drive / disc region codes don't match
3.) Problematic titles can be "hand tuned" by us, without the need to update the program.

Sorry.... I meant that;
For those that opt out of the online database - will waiting forr the next beta still do the trick just - like it always did?

ie Will those that opt out get anything LESS than we do now?

-W

Sorry.... I meant that;
For those that opt out of the online database - will waiting forr the next beta still do the trick just - like it always did?

ie Will those that opt out get anything LESS than we do now?

Decryption might take longer, but otherwise it will work as it did before.
EDIT: Assuming disc & drive region code match.

Last edited:
AnyDVD problem

Hi guys. I'm having a problem with AnyDVD when copying certain DVD's, this time it's "Covert Affairs - Season One", and the first disc in the 3 disc set will not shrink properly with DVD Shrink. I use AnyDVD to rip the files, then use DVD Shrink to reduce the size of the disc, then use IMGburn to burn the DVD copy. But with this disc the original files ripped with AnyDVD (6.8.0.10) did something to cause the disc to not reduce properly in DVD Shrink. I did nothing to any settings on any of the programs. Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas?

Dusty

Hi guys. I'm having a problem with AnyDVD when copying certain DVD's, this time it's "Covert Affairs - Season One", and the first disc in the 3 disc set will not shrink properly with DVD Shrink. I use AnyDVD to rip the files, then use DVD Shrink to reduce the size of the disc, then use IMGburn to burn the DVD copy. But with this disc the original files ripped with AnyDVD (6.8.0.10) did something to cause the disc to not reduce properly in DVD Shrink. I did nothing to any settings on any of the programs. Has this happened to anyone? Any ideas?

Dusty

A. Post an Anydvd .zip log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

B. State the a)full error message(s) you encountered (click "details"), b)tell us what program(s) you were using when you received the error message(s), and c) describe in detail what you were doing when you received the error message(s). What problem are you having exactly?

AnyDVD Problem

Thanks for the help Charlie. I will definitely do that the next time. I don't think the problem is with AnyDVD. It's a DVD Shrink problem. It's showing that the size of the files saved are too large to create an iso file. This happened once before with a Disney movie and upon my re-running DVD Shrink it worked itself out. I will retry it again this evening and see what happens.

Top Secret!

You're correct. The problem is not with AnyDvd, nor even with the version you are using (6.8.0.10), unless of course you can't burn Disc 1 onto two separate blanks.

Every now and then, you will run into various DVDs that can't be shrunk by DVD Shrink onto one standard Single layered DVD. You will see the red bar of death and then curse like a sailor.

Using the AnyDvd Ripper generally won't get rid of the red bar of death for discs without structural protection, but there are times when you can simply remove one of the insignificant audio tracks, substitute a few images for titles that you don't need and then all will be well. Probably not so in this case, though. Regardless of what junk you remove, you might still not have enough space to fit all the good stuff onto one disc, unless perhaps you use the re-author feature of DVD Shrink.

If you decide to re-author disc 1, be careful not to duplicate the deleted scenes (since they are in two different sections) and it would probably be best to make sure that you put the deleted scenes in the proper order on your blank disc, if you're anal like me (though getting the correct order is not really that important for most people).

The easiest way to beat Covert Affairs would obviously be to simply use two single layer DVDs. One with the menus and deleted scenes, and the other with the menus and just the episodes (and of course the commentary) and no extras. This doesn't solve your problem, but I'm not smart enough to solve your problem the way you want it solved. I've also never tried using dual layered blanks.

The first episode is an extended episode and is the one that is most likely causing the red bar problem. To get all the episodes and cast commentary (Note: you can deselect the descriptive audio track) on one single layered DVD, simply use the new AnyDvd feature (from the Video DVD section of AnyDvd) to remove the annoying clips and all the annoying titles less than 10 minutes in length (but you will also lose the deleted scenes). Once you do that, you'll then need to use the AnyDvd ripper to rip to a file, so that DVD Shrink can read it.

You should then see that all the extras show as having only 0.01 MB of data and now you shouldn't see any red bar of death (as long as you've deselected the descriptive audio perhaps) and thus can fit all the episodes and commentary on one disc.

To get the deleted scenes and the trailers (if you wanted to) on the other blank DVD, simply deselect the episodes with DVD Shrink and leave the rest. This is just a typical burn with DVD Shrink, so make sure you remember to deselect the AnyDvd features that you just used to fit the episodes and commentary onto one disc, BEFORE you attempt your Deleted scenes burn onto a separate blank disc.

That should do it. If you don't care about keeping the menus, re-authoring with DVD Shrink might even allow you to fit all the stuff you want onto one single layered disc.

This post will self-destruct in 33 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back