• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.7.9.0 Update

DataCrypt

6.7.9.0 2011 03 06

- New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
- New (3D Blu-ray): Added option to simulate a connected 3D display
- New (3D Blu-ray): Added warning dialog when ripping to folder
- Change (Blu-ray): Removed obsolete PowerDVD "virtual drive" blacklist workaround
- New (DVD): Workaround for XBOX 360 playback problems. Use "Rip to folder / video dvd to harddisk" or CloneDVD version 2.9.2.10 or better.
- New (DVD): Workaround for drives not reporting physical information
- New (DVD): Increased compatibility of "Rip Video DVD" output
- Fix (DVD): Vobset error with some discs
- Change: Dropped support for Windows 98/ME
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

- Change: Dropped support for Windows 98/ME

While I understand the need for this, never the less I am deeply saddened that at this present time I am no longer able to update a product I paid good money to allow for such updates.

Heh?

While I understand the need for this, never the less I am deeply saddened that at this present time I am no longer able to update a product I paid good money to allow for such updates.

And what happens when you download the latest setup and run the install. :confused:

Remember: I'm not standing in the room and you're out of range of my crystal ball. :D

You can if you update your OS.

Hell, you can upgrade to XP if you really wanna stay 3 OS versions behind. That one still is supported

I downloaded and ran the install for AnyDVD 6.7.9.0 this morning, and it caused my computer to crash (computer became unresponsive, video froze, processes still were running, but I couldn't interact with them; ctrl-alt-del did nothing). After rebooting, my computer froze once I logged in. I disabled AnyDVD startup from safe mode, and it still crashed. Finally, I uninstalled AnyDVD in safe mode, and now my computer starts again. Any ideas?

I use windows 7 (SP 1, 64 bit).

I don't think you can uninstall in safe mode? Anyways check if there firewall or antivirus blocking proper install of anydvd. I have win 7 as well and have no problem as such.

I don't think you can uninstall in safe mode?

To be clear, I ran the AnyDVD uninstall program (while I was in safe mode). The program seems to have gone away so I presume that it uninstalled, while in safe mode.

I'll screw around with disabling firewalls, virus checkers etc. later this afternoon, when it's somewhat less disruptive for my machine to be unusable.

You can if you update your OS.

It involved a bit more than just upgrading the OS, but US$140 later I have a "new", refurbished XP machine ready for upgrading with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Now where is that CD I burned the product keys on? :p

Maybe it is time to get all my PCs changed over from 98SE to at least XP. ;)

It involved a bit more than just upgrading the OS, but US$140 later I have a "new", refurbished XP machine ready for upgrading with AnyDVD and CloneDVD. Now where is that CD I burned the product keys on? :p

Maybe it is time to get all my PCs changed over from 98SE to at least XP. ;)

Well you certainly should. Even Microsoft dropped 98SE support a long time ago. Most 98SE PCs can run 2000/XP, but I would strongly recommend to go with Windows 7. ;)

And: Slysoft supported 98/ME a pretty long time

I'm still XP all the way baby!! SP1 too!! LOL

-W

Quick question:
I just noticed that in the Bluray options, the region code removal is select-able without having "Disable BD-Live" option being automatically enabled?

Is this new?

Last edited:
@Furryguy: if you can't find those keys you can always retrieve new ones from https://secure.slysoft.com/lostkey.php

I found my keys with nary a problem, they were exactly where I had put them. On a CD-RW in a desk drawer. The infamous safe place.

But a good reminder for those people who aren't as *blank* retentive as I am. :p

=====================================================
Well you certainly should. Even Microsoft dropped 98SE support a long time ago. Most 98SE PCs can run 2000/XP, but I would strongly recommend to go with Windows 7. ;)

And: Slysoft supported 98/ME a pretty long time

Frankly I was surprised Slysoft kept support for 98/ME for as long as they did. Today was just the boot in the rear I needed to go buy a "new" refurbished bare-bones XP setup that is more than twice as powerful as my 2 98SE boxes. Upgrading the PCs was always something I knew had to be done, I just tried to put it off as long as I could.

One very nice side effect is now I can start looking into archiving Blurays. :D

Last edited:
Quick question:
I just noticed that in the Bluray options, the region code removal is select-able without having "Disable BD-Live" option being automatically enabled?

Is this new?
Yes, it is. However, BD-Live will still be removed if required by the selected options and the actual disc - check the status window.

I'll screw around with disabling firewalls, virus checkers etc. later this afternoon, when it's somewhat less disruptive for my machine to be unusable.

Once I turned off Kaspersky, the install worked. I'm not quite sure what in the install pissed off the virus checker to that extent...

AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 6.7.9.0 2011-03-06

Hey guys very similar problem to efnar but I have XP Pro and never had a problem putting in a AnyDVD update before:doh:

When I rebooted a desk top Widget I use lost it's custom settings and other info too!:(

Back