• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.6.2.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

asianman6924

Just gotta email from slysoft :D

6.6.2.4 2010 03 02
- New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
- New (Blu-ray): Improved detection of region code
- Fix (Blu-ray): Possible crash when removing annoyances
- Fix (DVD): AI scanner could remove contents from some discs
- Added more programs to the list requiring "aggressive I/O mode"
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

The update is free for all registered customers, of course.
Just install the new version on top of your current version,
regardless which version you have installed:
http://www.slysoft.com/download.html

Have fun with AnyDVD!

Just a positive feedback to the SlySoft team to say that this version updated fine over the previous one even with BitDefender Antivirus 2010 real-time protection on (unlike previous version which didn't.)

Last two versions failing

I've been a happy AnyDVD user for about 5 years. I've been copying my DVD movies using 'ICopyDVDs2' for years. Now, since version 6.6.2.3 and into 6.6.2.4, I'm getting a CSS warning with ICopyDVDs2, every time I attempt a back-up. What changed? I haven't installed any new software. I can only suspect something has changed with AnyDVD, as I haven't updated ICopyDVDs2 in more than two years.

And I'm having this problem with new and old DVDs, not just newer.

Please help.

I've been a happy AnyDVD user for about 5 years. I've been copying my DVD movies using 'ICopyDVDs2' for years. Now, since version 6.6.2.3 and into 6.6.2.4, I'm getting a CSS warning with ICopyDVDs2, every time I attempt a back-up. What changed? I haven't installed any new software. I can only suspect something has changed with AnyDVD, as I haven't updated ICopyDVDs2 in more than two years.

And I'm having this problem with new and old DVDs, not just newer.

Please help.

sounds like you need to tick the box under program settings that sais "Aggressive I/O Mode", should do the trick

- Added more programs to the list requiring "aggressive I/O mode"

Yep, ICopyDVDs2 is probably another program to add to the list, looks like the impact of these 'badly' designed programs hasn't been fully estimated.

I suggest the list of version changes be made systematically viewable during setup, and for the next n updates, a special paragraph about the potential errors caused by the changed default value of this "Agressive I/O mode" setting, there are way too many forum topics about this error.
Users should be made aware during setup about what to do if they encounter the error.
After a while, when all exception programs have been properly identified, there should not be a need for this warning.

or just simply enable aggressive by default again ? if it can / wont cause problems on normal rips :)

6.6.2.4. installation error

Got the email. Did the usual download and Run.

Error opening file for writing:
C:/Program Files(x86)\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDialog.dll
Hit Abort to abort
Retry

etc

I have Win 7 Home Premium.

I looked for a log file in the AnyDVD directory and the root directory but didn't find it. I'm sure I'll get blasted from the pros for not re-reading where to find errors.

Last edited:
I'm sure I'll get blasted from the pros for not re-reading where to find errors.

At last a newbie that acknowledges it's always the fault of the user, not the program! ;)

During setup, check if your Windows Task Manager shows any AnyDVD process still running while installing the new version. It may not have been terminated properly during previous uninstall and still lock some files, preventing them from being overwritten.
Right-click "Create a log file" on the fox icon and attach it to your answer, so the Slysoft team can check what's causing it. (BitDefender in my case for previous version.)
If you see an AnyDVD task running, kill it from Task Manager and click "Retry" from your error box.

Ch3vr0n, I think disabling the "Agressive I/O mode" is the correct way, the AnyDVD help says it can create system instabilities if left enabled. It's just that the change was not advertized properly, Slysoft could have done a better PR job, changing default settings values is a known huge cause of regression bugs.

At last a newbie that acknowledges it's always the fault of the user, not the program! ;)

During setup, check if your Windows Task Manager shows any AnyDVD process still running while installing the new version. It may not have been terminated properly during previous uninstall and still lock some files, preventing them from being overwritten.
Right-click "Create a log file" on the fox icon and attach it to your answer, so the Slysoft team can check what's causing it. (BitDefender in my case for previous version.)
If you see an AnyDVD task running, kill it from Task Manager and click "Retry" from your error box.

Ch3vr0n, I think disabling the "Agressive I/O mode" is the correct way, the AnyDVD help says it can create system instabilities if left enabled. It's just that the change was not advertized properly, Slysoft could have done a better PR job, changing default settings values is a known huge cause of regression bugs.

First of all, so I don't forget: in order to add your application to the list, we need an AnyDVD log file from you. Thanks.

The change was part of an endeavour to clean up all "messy" parts in AnyDVD.
Windows 7's driver verifier is extremely fussy about things that a driver shouldn't do. Which is very painful for software designers but all in all it's a good thing.
AnyDVD's aggressive mode is not among those things that the verifier would complain about, but we decided to do it the right way anyway - after all the aggressive mode is just a workaround to satisfy other applications that aren't doing it by the book.
(James likes to do things by the book and that's why his drivers are very stable)

You're right about the information part - but keep in mind that this is a "power-user" kind of information.
We had this change in AnyDVD for several weeks in betas before the release came out, hoping this way our beta testers would help us identify applications that require special treatment. Unfortunately there was zero feedback, so we had to assume, that there are close to none.
Now, a handful is dribbling in...

Interesting that 6.6.2.4 appears to have gone straight to release as opposed to beta stage as in most update cases. Any particular reason why?

Interesting that 6.6.2.4 appears to have gone straight to release as opposed to beta stage as in most update cases. Any particular reason why?

Not totally sure what you mean there.
Some versions are betas, others are releases.
Typically betas are the ones where we're not 100% sure if a modification has undesired side effects.
That's all there is to the beta thing.

There is no such thing as a "beta stage in most update cases".

Got the email. Did the usual download and Run.

Error opening file for writing:
C:/Program Files(x86)\SlySoft\AnyDVD\AnyDialog.dll
Hit Abort to abort
Retry

etc

I have Win 7 Home Premium.

I looked for a log file in the AnyDVD directory and the root directory but didn't find it. I'm sure I'll get blasted from the pros for not re-reading where to find errors.
Did you exit AnyDVD before starting the update?

Doesn't running AnyDVD.exe normally exit AnyDVD automatically?
It does for me.

It should. But if AnyDVD is started from a different user account, the installer probably can't do that.

None of the Release Updates have a "beta stage".
Every release is iether a beta OR a street release.

-W

None of the Release Updates have a "beta stage".
Every release is iether a beta OR a street release.

-W
I think the confusion is that both 6.6.2.3 and 6.6.2.4 were street releases. Normally, there's at least one beta version before each street release; there were several betas before 6.6.2.3, but none between it and 6.6.2.4.

SlySoft so called Techsupport

HEY SlySoft "Tech Support"!! A common, typical, standard, obvious and/or normal question YOU NEED TO ASK is "what internet software/program do you use?" BECAUSE!!! After a week of me doing this :bang: with emails back and fourth with SlySoft "Tech Support". I just figured out ON MY OWN that Firefox 3.6 and AnyDVD 6.6.2.3 and 6.6.2.4. do not work together. Very first time this issue has happened.

Frank H*******r from SlySoft "Support" you suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your e-mail.
>
> Try this:
>
> Right click the AnyDVD system tray icon, uncheck "autostart" and reboot.
>
> Get the setup now with "save file", run the install and reboot.

Me: Sorry to say that did not work. Next...

>
> Maybe tell me why you can't update. Usually this is traced to an anti-virus
> product or zone alarm blocking the install. You might also want to open the
> browser and empty the TEMP and CACHE areas. Also disable the Windows firewall
> if you have a good anti virus product and router with its own firewall
>
> Download the setup with "save file" and install locally.

Me: I have tried this before and I'm running McAfee. "You might also want to open the browser and empty the TEMP and CACHE areas. Also disable the Windows firewall if you have a good anti virus product and router with its own firewall."

I download the update, save the update to my desktop, but this message pops up when I try to run the file. "C:\Documents and Settings\T*** W***\Desktop\SetupAnyDVD6623.exe is not a valid Win32 application"
I don't understand "install locally." Please explain.

Did you download the setup without using any download manager?
Install locally means run the setup directly on the machine, not from the web
and you may need to turn off your anti-virus while you install. The message
indicates the setup file may be damaged or something is interfering with it.

Have you also tried de-installing and then running the install if disabling
the anti-virus after rebooting with AnyDVD NOT running does not work?

HEY SlySoft "Tech Support"!! A common, typical, standard, obvious and/or normal question YOU NEED TO ASK is "what internet software/program do you use?" BECAUSE!!! After a week of me doing this :bang: with emails back and fourth with SlySoft "Tech Support". I just figured out ON MY OWN that Firefox 3.6 and AnyDVD 6.6.2.3 and 6.6.2.4. do not work together. Very first time this issue has happened.

Very odd since I have Firefox 3.6 and did an update with AnyDVD 6.6.2.3 and 6.6.2.4 and did not have any problem. I'm sure lots of others do too and did not have a problem since you were the only one that posted with the issue. I would have to conclude there was a problem on your end.

Might check to see if you have the "Clear history when Firefox closes" box checked in Tools/Options.

Last edited:
Typical

You missed the point and meaning for my post.

"Might check to see if you have the "Clear history when Firefox closes" box checked in Tools/Options." SlySoft "Tech Support" suggested the same idea in the emails I posted. "You might also want to open the browser and empty the TEMP and CACHE areas."

Of course you will reply again to defend your anonymous internet honor and say "I would have to conclude there was a problem on your end."

I fixed the problem. I'm finished with this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back