• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.7.5 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Safe to try for everyone:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6475.exe

6.4.7.5 2008 10 15
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper handles more invalid navigation packs, e.g.
"Bob & Doug McKenzie's Two-Four Anniversary", Region 1, Canada
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper supports invalid packet start codes (PS10 error),
e.g. "Romance & Cigarettes", Region 2, Switzerland
- Some minor fixes and improvements

6.4.7.4 2008 10 13
- New (DVD): AnyDVD ripper handles invalid navigation packs, e.g.
"Stargate SG-1, Vol. 32", Region 2, UK
- Updated languages

6.4.7.3 2008 10 09
- New (Blu-ray): New strategy for removing BD+ firmware warning

6.4.7.2 2008 10 08
- New (DVD): New strategy for removing unwanted cells
- New (DVD): Improved fixing of incorrect DVD structures

6.4.7.1 2008 10 06
- New (DVD): Added support for new protections
- Fix (DVD): FluxDVD protected discs couldn't be copied with CloneCD

6.4.7.0 2008 09 23
- New (DVD): Added support for new protections, e.g.:
"Leatherheads", US

Last edited:
There's still a problem.

The main movie is title 27 - but in the AnyDVD output

PowerDVD will not play the naked AnyDVD rip.... it jumps over the movie.

Shrink sees VTS27 as part of "Unreferenced Material", it'll play VTS27 off the drive in full disk mode - but there's no way to re-author it out by itself as a real title. In re-author mode it sticks VTS 27 in with the menus, and there's no "Title 27" as there outta be.

Log attached

-W

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_LEATHERHEADS.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 25
There's still a problem.

The main movie is title 27 - but in the AnyDVD output

PowerDVD will not play the naked AnyDVD rip.... it jumps over the movie.

So you ripped using "rip video dvd to harddisk". You then selected the entire ripped video_ts folder in Powerdvd, and the movie won't play?

What Powerdvd version are you using, by the way. The log file indicates it's not version 7 or 8.

It's an older version like 2 or 3. In that version you select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file to play a whole DVD. And all your other assmptions are correct. I'm trying to play the naked rip. It jumps right over the movie and on to the Bonus Features. This has NEVER happened with any other title.

In looking it over; VTS_27_0.VOB is not part of the main movie - it seems to be part of the problem. VTS_27_1 thru VTS_27_6 (VOB's) are the whole main movie. Isn't there a Nero tool I can use as a work around to make a DVD out of those 6 VOB's ??

-W

Last edited:
is there any way u can test the latest version of powerdvd?

No, nor would I really want to. I don't need HD support and it violates my "keep the system simple" axiom. Plus I'd have to pay for it.
Mine is called PowerDVD XP, and has been working fine since I upgraded to XP. :D
I'm trying to find a version number... ahh! 4.0.2120

-W

It's an older version like 2 or 3. In that version you select the VIDEO_TS.IFO file to play a whole DVD. And all your other assmptions are correct. I'm trying to play the naked rip. It jumps right over the movie and on to the Bonus Features. This has NEVER happened with any other title.

Does Windows Media Player do the same thing if you select the video_ts.ifo file?
The structure on this dvd is pretty nuts. I can't make sense of it (good thing I don't have to either).

Does Windows Media Player do the same thing if you select the video_ts.ifo file?
The structure on this dvd is pretty nuts. I can't make sense of it (good thing I don't have to either).

Trying it now.... I have to let the pre-crap play on WMP.....

WMP Plays it OK it seems - as TITLE 33 ??? Heh...

Mind you there is no TITLE 33 as seen in the Shrink breakdown OR In Windows Explorer.
The main movie is clearly the VTS27's I described.

-W

Last edited:
also title 27 in media player is not the main movie. the main movie in media player is title 33. in clonedvd2 it says the main movie is title 33 also. title 27 is the start of the bonus features. its just the menu of the bonus features.

also title 27 in media player is not the main movie. the main movie in media player is title 33. in clonedvd2 it says the main movie is title 33 also. title 27 is the start of the bonus features. its just the menu of the bonus features.

Yes.... those softwares that can read it are calling it Title 33 it seems. Shrink and PowerDVD 4.x seem to still see it as Title 27 and act strangely with it. Windows Explorer is seeing the main movie as the VTS27 series as well.

My version of PowerDVD is Playing the Main Menu as Title 33 - It's Playing VTS_27_0.VOB.
When I click Play Movie it outta find it's way to play VTS_27_1.VOB (after a couple announcements) It does not... and instead jumps over to the bonus menu that would normally appear when the movie is done.

DVD Shrink can open the Rip... but it doesn't see any Title 33.... Just VTS27 which it will *play* (correctly) the Main Movie.
-W

Last edited:
this movie's dvd authoring is all messed up. this is what happens when they try to add too much protection to a dvd. the different programs on pc's r reading this movie differently, i wont be surprised if different standalone dvd players have the same issues.

UPDATE SUMMARY

PowerDVD 4.x will play the factory DVD without AnyDVD running. (as title 33)
PowerDVD 4.x will play the factory DVD with AnyDVD Running. (as title 33)
PowerDVD 4.x will not play the AnyDVD rip of the factory DVD.

WMP will play the AnyDVD rip (as title 33)
DVDShrink finds no such title 33 in the AnyDVD rip.

Last edited:
PowerDVD 8 Ultra plays the rip without problems, as does WMP and ZoomPlayer.

I don't know why Shrink believes VTS27 is "unreferenced material", because it certainly isn't.

PowerDVD 8 Ultra plays the rip without problems, as does WMP and ZoomPlayer.

I don't know why Shrink believes VTS27 is "unreferenced material", because it certainly isn't.

All I can tell (from playing the VOB's in the folder) is that 27_0 seems to be the Main Menu and 27_1 thru 27_6 are the Main Movie. Past that i'm no expert.

Let's not try to couch this as a "Shrink thing" - Power DVD 4x is not finding a "Title 33" anymore than Shrink is. This is the 1st AnyDVD rip that's failed to work with both programs (or iether program separately for that matter).

Also.. when I try to do a Windows Explorer rip of the VIDEO_TS folder (with AnyDVD running) - it immediately fails.
This is unusual.
Usually on disks with wierd structural stuff - you get a ""bad rip" not a failure to copy.

-W

Last edited:
UPDATE:

As an experiement, I took the UNMOLESTED AnyDVD rip and burned it onto a DVD-9 with Nero. It played normally in my newer no-name Wal-Mart player. It failed to play (skipped over movie same as PowerDVD 4x) on my old Sony player.

Then I used Shrink and did a full disk backup of the AnyDVD rip to a DVD-5 - same exact results.

This is strange............

-W

Yes.... just as it does in PowerDVD 4x (with or without AnyDVD running)

I'll note also, that niether burnt disk will play on PowerDVD 4x in Disc Mode.... (no real surprise there).

I''m no expert, but it seems to me that there's some strange "flag to title 33" missing from the AnyDVD rip that prohibits older players, software, and Shrink from catching on to WTF the main movie is supposed to be.

But obviously there's another flag there that's allowing newer stuff to get the clues and find the movie. <sigh>

While stopping short of saying that something's "very wrong" with the AnyDVD rip, I'm saying that something seems to be "not quite right" - as compared to all the other AnyDVD rips I've done.

-W

Last edited:
While stopping short of saying that something's "very wrong" with the AnyDVD rip, I'm saying that something seems to be "not quite right" - as compared to all the other AnyDVD rips I've done.
-W

I'll look into this... :eek:

Webslinger, I notice clams canino has only serivce pack 1 for xp, could that make difference if upgraded to 3. It would be good idea if clams canino upgrade operating to enchange security of OS.

Back