• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.2.6 beta

Googletaskbar? What's that?

Whoops, I was reading someone else's sysinfo file (from an Anydvd log).

Well, other than what I wrote previously, I'm out of suggestions. Sorry.

I wish I could replicate the problem so I can see what's going on, but I can't unfortunately.

Whoops, I was reading someone else's sysinfo file (from an Anydvd log).

Well, other than what I wrote previously, I'm out of suggestions. Sorry.

I wish I could replicate the problem so I can see what's going on, but I can't unfortunately.

Thanks anyways for your help, support and understanding.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

When a dvd contains structural protection, either use Clonedvd to create an .iso -- or use Anydvd ripper and then manually create the .iso using the files created by Anydvd ripper.

Otherwise, you may run into problems. It's that simple

Okay so I tried both AnyDVD v6.4.2.6 & v6.4.3.2 ripper to the HD and then I also tried CloneDVD v2.9.7.1 with no luck on the title Good Luck Chuck

If I mount the ISO image created it still shows copy protection on the DVD.

Any other suggestions for this title. All others seem to work out okay from originals.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_Good_Luck_Chuck_16x9_Unrated.zip
    384.3 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_Info_W_Good_Luck_Chuck_16x9_Unrated.zip
    119.6 KB · Views: 1
Okay so I tried both AnyDVD v6.4.2.6 & v6.4.3.2 ripper to the HD and then I also tried CloneDVD v2.9.7.1 with no luck on the title Good Luck Chuck

If I mount the ISO image created it still shows copy protection on the DVD.

Any other suggestions for this title. All others seem to work out okay from originals.

Set the region on drive G. The titlekey for Title 1 isn't being obtained and I'd be willing to bet the reason is because you didn't set the drive region.

My friend created a backup of Good Luck Chuck without any problems. In addition to what Drinklyeanddie wrote, simply because Anydvd is reporting something doesn't always mean that a protection actually exists on the rip.

Set the region on drive G. The titlekey for Title 1 isn't being obtained and I'd be willing to bet the reason is because you didn't set the drive region.

Actually I saw that in the file. However, when I go into the Device Manager Drive G: is actually set for Region 1.

So I could try to reset it for Region 1 but it is already set as that. Is there any other reason why AnyDVD shows up as "Region not Set" for Drive G?

Thanks

Actually I saw that in the file. However, when I go into the Device Manager Drive G: is actually set for Region 1.

So I could try to reset it for Region 1 but it is already set as that. Is there any other reason why AnyDVD shows up as "Region not Set" for Drive G?

Thanks

Exit AnyDVD, then go to the Device Manager and set the DVD drive region, and then restart AnyDVD.

Exit AnyDVD, then go to the Device Manager and set the DVD drive region, and then restart AnyDVD.

Specifically,

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Specifically,

i. Right click the fox on your toolbar. Exit Anydvd
ii. Click start. Right click on "My computer"--->select "properties".
iii.Click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button.
iv. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click on your optical drive
v. Click "properties".
vi. You should have a region tab. From there you can select a region.
vii. Select the region that you're in
viii. Start Anydvd

Okay now it sees it as a region 1 DVD Drive. However, still no luck and same results from either AnyDVD rip or CloneDVD2 copy to ISO.

So can't get it to remove all the protection from the original to a backup ISO.

So can't get it to remove all the protection from the original to a backup ISO.

Based on what? The anydvd status screen only?
That's not enough evidence.

1)Does the mounted .iso play fine?
2) Do the ripped files play fine?

If so, there's not a problem.

Last edited:
Based on what? The anydvd status screen only?
That's not enough evidence.

1)Does the mounted .iso play fine?
2) Do the ripped files play fine?

If so, there's no a problem.

I have not tried the files or ISO out as all other DVDs which are ripped using CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD ripper to ISO's and mounted show no copy protection on them at all. It basically shows that it removed like some protection found on the original DVD but not all of it.

Is there a way to test the ISO or the ripped files outside of playing the movie?

From what you are saying is even if AnyDVD shows some type of copy protection in it's status screen on a mounted ISO is not an accurate way to determine if there is still copy protection on the DVD. What happens if I actually do not create an ISO but just DVDCopy2 the disc to another disc using ANYdvd in the background? And then when I look at the copy it shows copy protection on that one also?

From what you are saying the reliability of whether AnyDVD can detect if it removed copy protection from the DVD is pretty much not very accurate?

Sorry just trying to understand whether the copy protection is actually still on the DVD or not.

I have not tried the files or ISO out as all other DVDs which are ripped using CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD ripper to ISO's and mounted show no copy protection on them at all. It basically shows that it removed like some protection found on the original DVD but not all of it.
This is completely normal and can be ignored. Maybe I should remove all these messages from the status window, so nobody can complain. ;)

This is completely normal and can be ignored. Maybe I should remove all these messages from the status window, so nobody can complain. ;)

That is quite interesting as it would seem if you have removed the copy protection it would not show up when AnyDVD re-reads the un-protected disc.

So if that can be ignored I will not worry about it as long as the disc plays. However, it might be good yes if you removed this information as it is mis-leading. When ever I read it I assume that something went wrong with the copy made.

Thanks

That is quite interesting as it would seem if you have removed the copy protection it would not show up when AnyDVD re-reads the un-protected disc.
No. It means that AnyDVD cannot determine if the protection has been removed or not, because the unprotected disc still skips over parts.

Back