• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.2.6 beta

Once on the hard drive there is no protection. Some titles require to use the anydvd ripper first then your favorite program (other than CloneDVD2) read the stickies at the top of the forum for those titles.

I actually tried to do this from on of the ISOs and CloneDVD did copy it but the protection was still there on the disc ISO that was made with CloneDVD.

No. What was reported was incorrect. If Clonedvd creates an .iso there's no protection left.

Well I did try to make an ISO with DVDClone2 originally and it seemed to again copy the file protection.

What seems like the process which I may have been missing was the following:

1) I took the 3 - ISO's that were not working and mounted them using Daemon Tools.
2) I disabled AnyDVD
3) I used CloneDVD2 to then make a DVD copy of the full disc plus menus to an ISO file.
4) I mounted the ISO file created by CloneDVD2.
5) I re-enabled AnyDVD

When I now mount this ISO file it shows no protection on it :)

I tried to test the new ISO image and it appears to play. Now I will test burn it to a DL DVD and make sure it still works.

I normally use 1ClickDVDPro for this as it is usually more reliable than Imgburn as it seems to work almost 100% of the time and does a better job with the skipping and freezing issues I see with Imgburn some times.

If I have issue I will go back to the original DVD and use either CloneDVD2 or AnyDVD rip to re-do the ISO.

And I too have seen that the copy protection stays on the files even with the are copied to the hard drive. I think that this was what was happening in my case until I turned of AnyDVD the protection was being copied onto the hard drive and it did not really matter what I used to then make the ISO as it came out with the copy protection embedded in it.

Thanks

Well I did try to make an ISO with DVDClone2 originally and it seemed to again copy the file protection.

It doesn't, period, provided you're using it properly with Anydvd running in the background as you should be.

2) I disabled AnyDVD

bad move

And quite frankly, you can't use Clonedvd with an original disc unless you have Anydvd running in the background because most dvds have CSS on them by default.

I took the 3 - ISO's that were not working

If you wish to insist not using an original disc, then you'll need to find someone else to assist you. What you're doing with the faulty isos has no bearing on anything. You would be better served by deleting them.

1. Use Anydvd 6.4.2.6 beta: click http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6426.exe

You may need to reboot after installing if prompted to do so.

2. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Click "default". Click "ok".

3. If you use DVDShrink, Nero Recode, or programs that generally can't handle structural protections, right-click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select "Rip video-dvd to Hard Disk". Choose your source and destination paths. Click "Copy", and wait for Anydvd ripper to finish. You can then import that rip into whatever program you want. This is an important step if the original disc contains structural protection.

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992 and read fully

You don't need to do this if you own Clonedvd

Last edited:
Ok, another BlueScreen using Nero Showtime this time around. I was watching a movie, not copying it!

I was watching Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark and it went into a BlueScreen and it said it was caused by AnyDVD.sys.

I've included the files listed below as well as the AnyDVD log for the disc.

BTW...I'm using SPTD driver 1.56, so that is not the problem. It seems to be related to Nero and AnyDVD. They don't play nice together.

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
5/28/2008 1:17 AM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
Mini052808-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA8008794000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFFA6002FE5DC9
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1
Server information: 36d679ec-4b64-45c5-a65f-3816d7f80ab1

Attachments

• Mini052808-01.dmp.zip
    40.3 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_INDIANA_JONES_LOST_ARK.zip
    110.3 KB · Views: 4
BTW...I'm using SPTD driver 1.56, so that is not the problem.

:confused: What difference does that make?

Nero Recode, by the way, is a bugfest. And they refuse to fix their software.

Alright, I'm watching Raiders of the Lost Ark under Vista Ultimate 64 bit SP1 with the latest version of Nero Showtime 4.3.2.0. I also have the latest Alcohol 120% installed. When am I supposed to see this bluescreen? I don't want to watch the entire movie.

Bluescreens can also be cause by hardware failures. Get your power supply checked (weak voltages on certain rails cause problems). Check the fans in your video card for dust. Check for dust in your computer. Overheating can be a big factor.

Last edited:
I was watching Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.4.2.6)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H62N CL01 T00625071479K23826
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1984048 sectors (3875 MBytes)
Total size: 3960494 sectors (7735 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: INDIANA_JONES_LOST_ARK
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

RCE protection not found.
AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Oh, is this the New Raiders of the Lost Ark dvd release? I'm watching the old one; it had RCE protection on it (not that it should matter).

1. You have "Jump Directly to Title menu" enabled which can make some discs unplayable.

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 w/ Zalman CNPS9700 LED & Arctic Silver 5

2. You're overclocking, aren't you? Aren't you? :D Are you Prime stable? Are you Orthos stable? Run everything at "auto" in bios. Anymore crashing?

BSODs can be related to instability caused by overclocking.

I'm not a big fan of that Zalman HSF by the way. I find it just circles hot air right over the cpu.

Last edited:
Oh, is this the New Raiders of the Lost Ark dvd release? I'm watching the old one; it had RCE protection on it (not that it should matter).

1. You have "Jump Directly to Title menu" enabled which can make some discs unplayable.

2. You're overclocking, aren't you? Aren't you? :D Are you Prime stable? Are you Orthos stable? Run everything at "auto" in bios. Anymore crashing?

BSODs can be related to instability caused by overclocking.

I'm not a big fan of that Zalman HSF by the way. I find it just circles hot air right over the cpu.

1. I copied all 3 of the movies with Nero Recode then decided to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark (not the copy) and it BlueScreened. It seems it BlueScreens after I copy 3 movies or more.

2. I'm not overclocking, but my CPU does run cool with Arctic Silver 5. About 30 degrees C on load and 25 on idle. I don't believe in overclocking.

Nero is the only program that ever BlueScreens for me on Vista. The BlueScreen message says "caused by AnyDVD.sys" so that's why I'm posting it.

1. I copied all 3 of the movies with Nero Recode then decided to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark (not the copy) and it BlueScreened. It seems it BlueScreens after I copy 3 movies or more.

That would suggest some sort of heating issue to me or possible power supply problem. Again, check for dust and get the powers supply checked. It should bluescreen immediately if there's a driver issue, and the problem should be repeatable, instantly (you shouldn't have to create 3 backups just to reproduce the bluescreen).

Run system stability tests (everest, orthos, Prime95, 3dMark06 on repeat for about two hours)

I'd also run memtest and check your ram (if you have two sticks, try runnning with one stick--and then the other).

2. I don't believe in overclocking.

I'll cover my eyes and pretend I didn't read that. :D I prefer using Arctic Cooling MX-2. Again, I find that Zalman cpu cooler just cylces hot air inside the case. I've overclocked a lower end intel quad 45nm core to 3.6ghz on air. CPU Idle temps were around 28C. Max gets into the high 40s, but that's still fine. It's Prime stable over 24 hours. I tested the zalman hsf and my case temps rose by 10 C over the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with a Noctura fan and also with an OCZ Vendetta 2 (I don't like how the OCZ Vendetta 2 ends up slightly bending the motherboard).

Nero is the only program that ever BlueScreens for me on Vista. The BlueScreen message says "caused by AnyDVD.sys" so that's why I'm posting it.

I find myself unable to reproduce your issue.

Last edited:
You need to copy a few movies with Nero for it to BlueScreen.

That would suggest some sort of heating issue to me or possible power supply problem. Again, check for dust and get the powers supply checked. It should bluescreen immediately if there's a driver issue, and the problem should be repeatable, instantly (you shouldn't have to create 3 backups just to reproduce the bluescreen).

Run system stability tests (everest, orthos, Prime95, 3dMark06 on repeat for about two hours)

I'd also run memtest and check your ram (if you have two sticks, try runnning with one stick--and then the other).

I'll cover my eyes and pretend I didn't read that. :D I prefer using Arctic Cooling MX-2. Again, I find that Zalman cpu cooler just cylces hot air inside the case. I've overclocked a lower end intel quad 45nm core to 3.6ghz on air. CPU Idle temps were around 28C. Max gets into the high 40s, but that's still fine. It's Prime stable over 24 hours. I tested the zalman hsf and my case temps rose by 10 C over the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with a Noctura fan and also with an OCZ Vendetta 2 (I don't like how the OCZ Vendetta 2 ends up slightly bending the motherboard).

I find myself unable to reproduce your issue.

You need to copy a few movies with Nero for it to BlueScreen.

Yeah, sorry, that really doesn't make any sense. All that implies is your hardware has been heating up a little while burning. And then your introducing additional load on the ODD (or drive that you're using) and your graphics card while watching a movie on your computer.

I should be able to create BSODs on demand each and everytime while watching a specific movie with Showtime if it's a driver issue. Again, it should bluescreen immediately if there's a driver issue, and the problem should be repeatable, instantly. You shouldn't have to do anything first or burn backups and then start using Nero Showtime just to reproduce the bluescreen; running showtime with anydvd with a specific movie should be enough. Otherwise, it's not a driver issue.

Last edited:
Yeah, sorry, that really doesn't make any sense. All that implies is your hardware has been heating up a little while burning. And then your introducing additional load on the ODD (or drive that you're using) and your graphics card while watching a movie on your computer.

I should be able to create BSODs on demand each and everytime while watching a specific movie with Showtime if it's a driver issue. Again, it should bluescreen immediately if there's a driver issue, and the problem should be repeatable, instantly. You shouldn't have to do anything first or burn backups and then start using Nero Showtime just to reproduce the bluescreen; running showtime with anydvd with a specific movie should be enough. Otherwise, it's not a driver issue.

Nope. I can play 9 hours of BioShock without a single problem and that maxes out both cores of my CPU as well as my graphics card and no problems there.

Nero is the only program that does this. If I rip with CloneDVD, 5 movies or even 10 there is no problem. With Nero, after a few burns I get a bluescreen saying it was caused by AnyDVD.sys as it is dumping the memory.

If I copy with AnyDVD off it doesn't do it.

Also, it usually bluescreens when burning the 3rd or so movie in Recode. It didn't this time and I thought it was working correctly since James asked me to update to SPTD driver 1.56 and then I started up Showtime and was half-way through Indiana when it bluescreened.

Like I said, I have no other issues with any other program. No other program has ever caused a bluescreen except for Nero. I've watched 3 or 4 movies on Showtime all the way through with no problems. As soon as I copy a few movies, the bluescreen happens shortly after, even if it is 3 or 4 hours later. But it only happens when a Nero program is open.

Because of that, I've been using CloneDVD for close to a year now and I haven't had a bluescreen, but occasionally I use Nero's Recode for better quality transcoding, but then this problem occurs sometimes. It's not always, especially not if I'm just copying one movie.

Last edited:
Nope. I can play 9 hours of BioShock without a single problem and that maxes out both cores of my CPU

Bioshock has very little to do with the issue you're having and has no bearing on anything. Furthermore, Bioshock doesn't max out any of my cores when playing with a dual or quad core, so how are you reaching this conclusion? At no point during play are any of my cores reaching 100%. Are you talking about memory? One system has 8 gigs and the other has 4, so I can't really compare.

Bioshock is meaningless. You need to run Everest stability test, Prime95, Orthos, etc.

as well as my graphics card and no problems there.

Again, how are you determining your graphics card is being maxxed?

Nero is the only program that does this. If I rip with CloneDVD, 5 movies or even 10 there is no problem. With Nero, after a few burns I get a bluescreen saying it was caused by AnyDVD.sys as it is dumping the memory.

That doesn't make any sense. If it were a driver issue the problem should be repeatable under the same conditions. And I just tried burning with Recode (3 discs), ran a movie with Showtime, and can't reproduce your problem.

If I copy with AnyDVD off it doesn't do it.

Okay, I just burned 3 discs using Recode. I started watching another movie with Showtime. I get no BSODs.

Unless some driver is eating up memory (and I checked and nothing is) with each progressive burn, what you're describing doesn't make any sense. A driver conflict should reproduce the same BSOD each and every time under the exact same conditions. It would make far more sense that you're experiencing some sort of hardware issue (possibly a faulty controller on your motherboard; a bad cable; a drive dying; a power supply going bad, etc.)

Anyway, sorry, I can't reproduce your issue. I tried on two different computers.

Last edited:
Ok, just ran Memtest for an hour and no errors.

BioShock maxes my GPU because it doesn't run smooth or at a constant 60 FPS, unlike if I had a 8800 GTX which would run it at more FPS. I can also play Crysis (which only uses about 30% CPU and maxes my GPU) and again...no problem even after hours and hours of playtime.

Also, I'm using the newest beta NVIDIA drivers, though it doesn't matter as it happens with the latest official ones too. Maybe you're not using an NVIDIA graphics card? Maybe you want me to tell you all the settings I've set in the Control Panel so you can set them to the same?

I can provide any information you'd like.

Last edited:
Maybe you're not using an NVIDIA graphics card?

One system has an 8800 Ultra here. This other one is temporarily using a radeon 3870. I don't see either being maxxed.

Try running an everest stability test: http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?ps=UE&dlid=35&frm=0&lang=en

If there were a way to test a sata controller for issues . . .

It is possible that you are experiencing some sort of driver conflict, but I've tried (hard) to reproduce it and can't.

(But I do recommend getting rid of that googletaskbar)

One system has an 8800 Ultra here. This other one is temporarily using a radeon 3870. I don't see either being maxxed.

Try running an everest stability test: http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?ps=UE&dlid=35&frm=0&lang=en

If there were a way to test a sata controller for issues . . .

It is possible that you are experiencing some sort of driver conflict, but I've tried (hard) to reproduce it and can't.

(But I do recommend getting rid of that googletaskbar)

Googletaskbar? What's that? I don't have anything by Google here except for Google Earth with the updater.

According to the System Information, there are no conflicts (hardware) at least.

Here's a list of programs I have installed.

Alcohol 120% 1.9.7.6221
uTorrent 1.8 beta
7-Zip 4.58 beta
Adobe Flash Player 9
Adobe Reader 8.1.2
AnyDVD
CloneDVD
CloneDVD Mobile
CCleaner
Creative ALchemy
Creative Audio Console
Diskeeper 2008 Pro Premier
DivX Codec
Google Earth and Updater
ImgBurn
Intel Matrix Storage Manager (with Write Cache enabled)
jv16 PowerTools 2008
.NET Framework 3.5
Visual C++ 2008 x86 and x64
Firefox (which I'm using to type this)
Norton Internet Security 2008
Nero 8.3.2.1
iTunes, Safari, QuickTime
Steam + its games
Trillian Astra (got into the beta a year ago...still buggy, but getting there!)

Last edited:
Back