• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.2.6 beta

New logs for James

Sheesh! I can almost not keep up :)
Here are the logs of v.6425b and 6426b, respectively:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_V_ERIN_BROCKOVICH_3.zip
    158.4 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Info_V_ERIN_BROCKOVICH_4.zip
    158.4 KB · Views: 9
Sheesh! I can almost not keep up :)
Here are the logs of v.6425b and 6426b, respectively:
What happens if you enable UOP & Co. with AnyDVD 6426?

What happens if you enable UOP & Co. with AnyDVD 6426?
Nothing whatsoever - it's like the previous versions in that it has no effect on UOPs etc.
I believe this is a Java disc, although I'm not sure how to tell exactly. The very first thing that happens when I press "play" in PDVD8 is that it plays a little animation, probably Sony's idea of an hourglass. Would that be Java loading?

S.

Nothing whatsoever - it's like the previous versions in that it has no effect on UOPs etc.
I believe this is a Java disc, although I'm not sure how to tell exactly. The very first thing that happens when I press "play" in PDVD8 is that it plays a little animation, probably Sony's idea of an hourglass. Would that be Java loading?

S.

Yes, it's java. But I thought AnyDVD was crashing. Nevermind.

EDIT: Please ignore all the non-sense below. I didnt know what I was talking about. AnyDVD 6.4.2.6 works great so far. I had made changes to my system not related to AnyDVD at the time. AnyDVD removed all the ADS for my BD-Live disc without any issues perfectly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far, I've tried two discs "Gone Baby Gone" and "We are Marshal", both of them my player says "Unsupported format" for the discs; even if I disable the Remove Ads feature for blu-ray; even if I disable blu-ray support for AnyDVD entirely. The only way I could fix it was to uninstall 6.4.2.6, reinstall 6.4.2.2 and reboot. I was able to get "We are Marshal" to not show trailers yesterday. I dont know what happened. I'll wait until this feature works better.

Last edited:
mkanet, do we need to send James over there with the foam bat or what?? :D LOL

No Soap Nat. Treasure 1 & 2

I believe Blu-ray owners will love this one:

6.4.2.6 2008 05 21
- New (Blu-ray): Added option to remove annoying adverts and trailers!
- New (Blu-ray): Added option to remove User Prohibitions!
"Removing annoyances" works pretty good, although there still is some room for improvement.

Sorry James, still stuck with 8 "Promos" at beginning of both films. Can NOT go directly to menu. Must "N" past each trailer.

Latest ver PDVD 7, And latest AnyDVD-HD beta

They're Disney, so they're likely java titles. I won't get mine til later today, but, I'll check when they come.

Then it no workie with the ad removal, as they've said numerous times already.

National Treasure 2 problem (TSMuxer audio downmixing)

This is not an AnyDvd problem, but in case others are having a problem with this title and miss the post in that other thread I am quoting it here (not cross-posting!!). PDVD 3730a cannot play this disc without AnyDvd (requires critical component update). Plays fine with AnyDvd 6.4.2.6 beta (using original disc), and now gets beyond the "firmware update" screen it was stuck on with 6.4.2.3. Won't play ISO - stuck on same screen.

Perhaps the OP means National Treasure 2 (wrote an s instead of a 2). I'm having problems with mine (NT2), both disc and remuxing (true-hd audio downmix not working in PDVD) using latest LG OEM version available (3730a).

The disc (and iso) won't play past the menu with AnyDvd 6.4.2.3 (hangs on a screen saying "it might take 2-3 minutes to load content, depending on your firmware"). I had to tell AnyDvd that the region was A. Just updated to 6.4.2.6 beta (didn't ask for region this time) and will try again (already did a CloneCD rip with AnyDvd 6.4.2.3 turned off once it had "scanned" the drive). Building ISO from TSMuxer output at the moment, will post results later.

This is the logfile from 6.4.2.6 beta - didn't do one for 6.4.2.3 beta - don't freak over the 744 second creation time - I was TSMuxing the ISO and it locked the drive until it finished (and my system - I won't do that again!!).

If this doesn't work I'll start over with a fresh CloneCD rip after scanning with 6.4.2.6 first (then disabling) - although that should not make a difference, I think. I will also try it later on my other partition with PDVD8 (which I use as little as possible because 3730a plays my hd-dvd's without "fixes" needed).

UPDATE: The mounted TSMuxer-based ISO (without AnyDvd running) still has no AC3 downmix sound, video plays fine. Obviously not an AnyDvd problem. I guess I'll try it with the True-HD retained and see if that works.
FINAL UPDATE: TSMuxer-based ISO (AnyDvd 6.4.2.6 running for creation) with True-HD audio retained (no downmix) works fine without AnyDvd running in PDVD 3730a so definitely not an AnyDvd problem.

Last edited:
These ARE Java titles.

Then it no workie with the ad removal, as they've said numerous times already.

I thought they meant the auto removal didn't work for java, but it seems at least some PUO removal doesn't either, but don't know if this is about java exactly.

With National Treasure 1, the first trailer (Johnny Depp) is skippable, and after that the "other releases" trailers can be either skipped or jumped to menu, even when AnyDVD is disabled. So no big problem there, wdgoldstein.

BUT, the "menu" options are still greyed out with PUO removal enabled.

With PUO removal enabled I'm getting some interesting behavior though. I can skip some stuff I can't with it disabled, like when the menu starts, I can just skip to the actual menu (it's one of those menus that take a few seconds to show you the options cause of stupid animations), but the animation that comes after you make the selection is still "prohibited."

But, when hitting play to see the movie, I get the obligatory copyright screen (white letters blue background). I can skip this one with PUOs enabled, but after it comes another (this time the FBI one) that cannot be skipped. I again get "prohibited" on PowerDVD 8's OSD. When I disable AnyDVD, I have to wait through the first copyright screen, but after that one I don't get the FBI one.

So it seems it does remove some PUO's out of java titles, but I wonder if it removes all PUOs out of non-java titles.

Using PowerDVD 8.0.4008.50 (first release) with AnyDVD 6.4.2.6 by the way.

National Treasure 2

I tried this disc with AnyDvd 6.4.2.6 beta in a different environment (had never seen the disc with an earlier version) and it tells me it cannot determine the region code.

As this is different behaviour from when I first loaded the disc in another environment (see 2 posts above) I guess I should attach a logfile. Disc plays fine in PDVD 7.3 4102 and PDVD 8 4008 (latest patch) with or without AnyDvd 6.4.2.6 running (PUO's are NOT eliminated with it running).

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_NATIONAL_TREASURE_2.zip
    250.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
OK, so it appears highly desireable to be able to de-java-fy BluRays... is that something that's at all possible? Perhaps in a future version of AnyDVD HD?

S.

OK, so it appears highly desireable to be able to de-java-fy BluRays... is that something that's at all possible? Perhaps in a future version of AnyDVD HD?

S.

I seriously doubt it.

30 Days of Night

Did not remove any of the trailers from 30 Days of Night when ripping with ImageBurn to ISO......

Did not remove any of the trailers from 30 Days of Night when ripping with ImageBurn to ISO......

Logfile? Why don't you try this feature on the original disc?

Back