• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.2.6 beta

...not play at all with and/or without AnyDVD?
also: "not play at all" means? (black screen, error message, disc not recognized, ....).

Wow, do I feel like an a**. I tried playing walk hard without anydvd hd enabled and powerdvd needed an update (even though I have the latest version) and after the update was completed I enabled anydvd hd and now it works just fine. Before the update the disc would load then stop without any error messages or asking to be updated. Sorry for the false report. :(

Last edited:
Wow, do I feel like an a**. I tried playing walk hard without anydvd hd enabled and powerdvd needed an update (even though I have the latest version) and after the update was completed I enabled anydvd hd and now it works just fine. Before the update the disc would load then stop with any error messages or asking to be updated. Sorry for the false report. :(

i think that update that you did only let powerdvd know that you were using an unprotected or un-originial file it had nothing to do with an update thats what it does with me if i play a movie without anydvd enabled it asks me to update but i never do and then i go and click enable on anydvd and it works. that is it you had the last update 4102

This new beta is causing problems for me with BLU-RAY Iso's made from muxed movies. I've tried about 5 different movies in Powerdvd 8 with Anydvd HD running and enabled. I use tsmuxer to strip the blu-ray disc down to just the movie video and best audio track. Then I use imgburn to build the iso. Then I use daemon tools to mount the iso. When I mount the iso, the yellow balloon pops up over the anydvd fox icon in my taskbar that says it is scanning the disc. The message will pop up and dissapear over and over agian. But the disc will never scan. I tried changing the settings in anydvd. The only blu-ray options that I have checked are "Enable Blu-ray support" and "Remove BD+ protection". If I disable anydvd then it mounts fine. I went back to version 6.4.2.2. and everything is fine again. Maybe the problem was because my isos have no menus or trailers or adverts at all.

This new beta is causing problems for me with BLU-RAY Iso's made from muxed movies. I've tried about 5 different movies in Powerdvd 8 with Anydvd HD running and enabled. I use tsmuxer to strip the blu-ray disc down to just the movie video and best audio track. Then I use imgburn to build the iso. Then I use daemon tools to mount the iso. When I mount the iso, the yellow balloon pops up over the anydvd fox icon in my taskbar that says it is scanning the disc. The message will pop up and dissapear over and over agian. But the disc will never scan. I tried changing the settings in anydvd. The only blu-ray options that I have checked are "Enable Blu-ray support" and "Remove BD+ protection". If I disable anydvd then it mounts fine. I went back to version 6.4.2.2. and everything is fine again. Maybe the problem was because my isos have no menus or trailers or adverts at all.

Interesting. Sending a logfile of such a disc might help (use a working AnyDVD version to create one).

Are you sure region code removal was disabled? UOP removal was disabled? (it is enabled by default)
EDIT: And try to disable "remove BD+ protection". Does it work now?

Last edited:
I tried 6.4.2.3b on a BluRay backup of Erin Brockovich (Spanish release) and the disc behaved exactly like it did without AnyDVD.
Previews, warnings, UOPs up the wazzoo. PowerDVD doesn't even pop up its timeline when moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen.
AnyDVD also failed to recognize the BR region, but playback did function even after I accidently selected "A"...
No biggie though... I'm not bitching here, only providing feedback.

I tried 6.4.2.3b on a BluRay backup of Erin Brockovich (Spanish release) and the disc behaved exactly like it did without AnyDVD.
Previews, warnings, UOPs up the wazzoo. PowerDVD doesn't even pop up its timeline when moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen.
AnyDVD also failed to recognize the BR region, but playback did function even after I accidently selected "A"...
No biggie though... I'm not bitching here, only providing feedback.

If you "accidentally" selected the wrong region, removing annoyances may not work. Is this disc a Java title? If you don't know, post the AnyDVD_Info file.

Terminator 2 will not load the disc (actual disc, not a rip) with 6.4.2.3. I get an error saying the disc can't be found or something like that. Reverted to 6.4.2.2 and all is well. Here's the log from 6.4.2.2

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_76819571_TERMINATOR2_TH.zip
    22.2 KB · Views: 12
Terminator 2 will not load the disc (actual disc, not a rip) with 6.4.2.3. I get an error saying the disc can't be found or something like that.
Who or what is giving that error? What does AnyDVD 6.4.2.3 status window say?

Who or what is giving that error? What does AnyDVD 6.4.2.3 status window say?
"ERROR processing Blu-ray disc! Please check the AnyDVD status window for Details."

It seems the error occurs when the disc ejects, though I don't remember ejecting it the first time. I see no details anywhere and the status window just shows no disc in G:.

I installed 6.4.2.3 again and let it start scanning Terminator 2 once more. I got greater than 50 flashes of "AnyDVD is scanning the disc. The disc you have inserted will be available shortly. Please wait!" These are about three seconds apart. It is also reading the drive the entire time. The tray icon shows "On:1" when I mouse over, but any attempt to access the disc in any way reads that no disc is present. The status window reads: "No Disc is present in Drive G:!".

When I revert to 6.4.2.2 AnyDVD detects the disc just fine. I've tested most of my library and this is the only title so far that has done this, all of the others read fine.

Time for a firmware update.
Update to SP1

I doubt either of those are the actual problem since 6.4.2.2 works.

Last edited:
"ERROR processing Blu-ray disc! Please check the AnyDVD status window for Details."
Please send an AnyDVD_Info file made with AnyDVD 6.4.2.3

Please send an AnyDVD_Info file made with AnyDVD 6.4.2.3

I wouldn't have thought it would have made one, or I would have included it in the beginning.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_G_76819571_TERMINATOR2_TH.zip
    21.9 KB · Views: 9

It seems the error occurs when the disc ejects, though I don't remember ejecting it the first time. I see no details anywhere and the status window just shows no disc in G:.

I installed 6.4.2.3 again and let it start scanning Terminator 2 once more. I got greater than 50 flashes of "AnyDVD is scanning the disc. The disc you have inserted will be available shortly. Please wait!" These are about three seconds apart. It is also reading the drive the entire time. The tray icon shows "On:1" when I mouse over, but any attempt to access the disc in any way reads that no disc is present. The status window reads: "No Disc is present in Drive G:!".

When I revert to 6.4.2.2 AnyDVD detects the disc just fine. I've tested most of my library and this is the only title so far that has done this, all of the others read fine.

I doubt either of those are the actual problem since 6.4.2.2 works.

i had the same problem but when i UNchecked"remove User prohibited operations" under the Blu Ray settings the problem went away

Back