• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.2.0 - release

Tom

Redfox Team Member
Staff member
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6420.exe

6.4.2.0 2008 05 02
  • New (Blu-ray & HD-DVD): Verification of AACS keys
  • Fix (Blu-ray): Incorrect AACS decryption with some titles
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages

Last edited by a moderator:
i was wondering when another update was coming. not that we really had any problems but still good to see you guys are always on top of it

What exactly verification of AACS keys means to end user.
Any thoughts.

Nice to see the update on AnyDVD.

:agree:

With the price of gas up to obscene levels, it looks like I'll spend most of this summer backing up the movies I'll purchase.

Once again, thank you AnyDVD!!

:rock:

Hi Peer,

I found another Blu-ray disc with .jar files in some weird zip format, so that AnyDVD gets confused, it seems :) It's UK's "Independence Day".

In Windows Explorer those jar files become just several hundred KB in size, while they are in fact several MB. PowerDVD does not play this disc if region removal is on in AnyDVD.

Here I attached some files which might help you to fix this.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_ID4_F1.zip
    20.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 00001_Original.jar.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 00001_Modified.jar.zip
    332.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Hi Peer,

I found another Blu-ray disc with .jar files in some weird zip format, so that AnyDVD gets confused, it seems :) It's UK's "Independence Day".

In Windows Explorer those jar files become just several hundred KB in size, while they are in fact several MB. PowerDVD does not play this disc if region removal is on in AnyDVD.

Here I attached some files which might help you to fix this.

Oops, you're right.
Probably no biggie.

What exactly verification of AACS keys means to end user.
Any thoughts.

It means that we now verify that all keys are correctly decrypted, calculated before using them. Without this verification a wrong VUK decrypts a movie only incorrectly - without any notice. (Okay, the player software cannot play the movie too.)

It means that we now verify that all keys are correctly decrypted, calculated before using them. Without this verification a wrong VUK decrypts a movie only incorrectly - without any notice. (Okay, the player software cannot play the movie too.)

Hum, weren't you doing that b4? You were testing just the media key?

We did.

But a wrong VID calculates a wrong VUK which wasn't checked and now is.

Back