• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.3.1.6 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
This is a new beta version, I consider it very stable, so anybody can test it.
Scanning could take considerably longer than the previous version, but not longer than 3 minutes worst case. Let me know, if you believe scanning takes too long (more than 3 minutes) with your discs.
Note, that AI scanner will be very fast if the same disc is inserted a second time, as the scanning results are cached on your hard drive.

6.3.1.6 2008 02 29
- New (DVD): Support for new RCE protection, e.g. "Blue State", R1, US
- Fix (DVD): Bug introduced in 6.3.1.5, AI Scanner could remove special
features from some discs, e.g. "Mr. Woodcock", US, R1
- Fix (DVD): Read errors with CloneCD and some discs,
e.g. "Mr. Woodcock", US, R1

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6316.exe

Better AI Scanner ay? Great!

EDIT: Just a question James, because AnyDVD saves the scanning results, will AnyDVD re-read the DVD from scratch when an updated version of AnyDVD is used?

It saves using an old copy of the DVDs inner workings when an updated scan could be better for the back up.

Last edited:
Better AI Scanner ay? Great!

EDIT: Just a question James, because AnyDVD saves the scanning results, will AnyDVD re-read the DVD from scratch when an updated version of AnyDVD is used?

It saves using an old copy of the DVDs inner workings when an updated scan could be better for the back up.

It re-works the whole thing

whats different on the new rce for blue state and 6315 was great no problems.

whats different on the new rce for blue state and 6315 was great no problems.

6315 did not detect / remove RCE from Blue State. (You won't notice, unless you try to play a copy on a player with a different region than 1).

Just a thought:

Maybe you should do something similar to what you do with HD title keys, e.g. keep database of AI scans on your server and download from there before attempting of AI scans. If the disc is new, scan it and send the "DVD map" to your server. I have no idea though how big is scan data for average disc. Probably this won't be justifiable if scan data is large enough.

- Fix (DVD): Read errors with CloneCD and some discs,
e.g. "Mr. Woodcock", US, R1

What were the "read errors"? I have been using CloneCD and AnyDVD to back-up many dvd's. Do these read errors effect many dvd's?

What were the "read errors"?

Clonecd you would take forever with some discs, reporting "Failed to read Sector". So unless reading took an exceedingly long time (over 2 hours), you didn't encounter the problem.

Do these read errors effect many dvd's?

No, this issue hardly affected any dvds that I'm aware of (except Mr. Woodcock).

Last edited:
What were the "read errors"? I have been using CloneCD and AnyDVD to back-up many dvd's. Do these read errors effect many dvd's?

Something like this following appear in the CloneCD log window:

Code:
W 8:35:43 PM Failed to read Sector 2074080
W 8:35:48 PM Failed to read Sector 2074112
W 8:35:53 PM Failed to read Sector 2074144
W 8:35:58 PM Failed to read Sector 2074176
W 8:36:03 PM Failed to read Sector 2074208
W 8:36:08 PM Failed to read Sector 2074240
W 8:36:13 PM Failed to read Sector 2074272
W 8:36:18 PM Failed to read Sector 2074304
W 8:36:23 PM Failed to read Sector 2074336
W 8:36:28 PM Failed to read Sector 2074368
W 8:36:34 PM Failed to read Sector 2074400
W 8:36:39 PM Failed to read Sector 2074432

It definitely impacted Mr Woodcock but I'm unsure of other discs. The above log was using an older release of AnyDVD, obviously.

Back