• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.3.0.8 beta

Mr. woodcock

Thanks James perfect back up Mr. Woodcock

you are good
:bowdown:

Found a bug already!

* When system starts from reboot or for the first time and there is a disc in the drive, AnyDVD does not finish scanning the disc and the Status window says "AnyDVD is disabled." Closing AnyDVD and opening it again doesn't seem to fix it. Opening and closing the disc drive tray begins the scan and AnyDVD works correctly thereafter.

Are these discs you're backing up in the dvd-vr disc format?

Yes its in DVD-vr format. I noticed in order for the program to copy the disc it has to have AI scanner enambled not on automatically. :)

back to the future title:
This is weird...This is with AI scanner enambled:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.8)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL10 030223061DE5FF4713
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2077104 sectors (4056 MBytes)
Total size: 4093516 sectors (7995 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
UDF filesystem patched!
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Found & removed 2 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

This is with AI scanner automatic:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.3.0.8)
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H10N JL10 030223061DE5FF4713
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2077104 sectors (4056 MBytes)
Total size: 4093516 sectors (7995 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: BACK_TO_THE_FUTURE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Structural copy protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Sorry, but it's the french part, for english problem / dicovery bug, go to the international parts ;)

-----

Traduction rapide du bug trouvé par AngelGraves13 (non confirmé):

* Quand le système démarre après un reboot ou pour la première fois après l'install, si il y a un disque dans le lecteur, AnyDVD ne fini pas de scanner le disque et la barre de statut annonce "AnyDVD est désactivé." Fermer AnyDVD et le relancer ne corrige pas le problème. Il faut éjecter le disque et refermer le lecteur pour qu'AnyDVD marche correctement.

Found on the french topic of anydvd 6.3.0.8 :

Found a bug already!

* When system starts from reboot or for the first time and there is a disc in the drive, AnyDVD does not finish scanning the disc and the Status window says "AnyDVD is disabled." Closing AnyDVD and opening it again doesn't seem to fix it. Opening and closing the disc drive tray begins the scan and AnyDVD works correctly thereafter.

I don't check this statement.

Leave the AI scanner set at automatic, thank you.

James, could you please explain us if there is really structural copy protection on the disc or not (sorry, but it seems to me as if the one modus tells the truth and the other one is lying)? :confused:

James, could you please explain us if there is really structural copy protection on the disc or not (sorry, but it seems to me as if the one modus tells the truth and the other one is lying)? :confused:

if there is no structural protection, u can see in the anydvd status window it will say no structural protection found. AI scanner is for structural protection. so the automatic mode see's if there is structural protection, if there is none then the AI scanner disables itself. unlike in the past the AI scanner would just always be on, possibly taking out sum cells in the dvd that didnt need taken out.

if there is no structural protection, u can see in the anydvd status window it will say no structural protection found. AI scanner is for structural protection. so the automatic mode see's if there is structural protection, if there is none then the AI scanner disables itself.

Nevertheless it seems very strange to me that there are such serious differences between the two statuses...

Nevertheless it seems very strange to me that there is such a serious difference between the two statuses...

from what i seen james say before, the only difference in the AI scanner is when logging is enabled (which should only be for troubleshooting purposes), the AI scanner acts differently when logging is enabled.

"Automatic" isn't lying. People, are you dense? What part of "LEAVE IT TO AUTOMATIC", "NOT RECOMMENDED" at the other modes and "TROUBLESHOOTING ONLY" in the help system did you NOT understand?

"Automatic" isn't lying. People, are you dense? What part of "LEAVE IT TO AUTOMATIC", "NOT RECOMMENDED" at the other modes and "TROUBLESHOOTING ONLY" in the help system did you NOT understand?

Wow nice way to talk to ur paying customers :doh:

Found a bug already!

I am unable to reproduce this problem on 3 different computers.

If you want, I can take a look at your filters to see if there's some sort of conflict on your system:

a)Click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
b) Navigate to "Program Settings".
c) Click "enable logging".
d) Click "ok".
e) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader.
f) Go to your My Documents folder
g) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip"
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif

i) if you don't see that icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) a small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"

Wow nice way to talk to ur paying customers :doh:

James works hard developing Anydvd and probably gets frustrated from time to time when people do not follow his instructions (I do as well; we're all human). I'm sure he did not intend any real offense.

I thought he was quite mild in his response, considering the previous posts....:D

Some people don't have the intelligence to understand things the first time, second time, some will never understand. No offense. I understand James. It frustrate that some of you ask the same question lot of times.

Back