• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.3.0.1 problem with HP5 - Order of Phoenix HDDVD

Maltese

I just used AnyDVD HD to backup the new Harry Potter on HDDVD and when I play back it has French menus.

When I play the original disc in PowrDVD it's in English. When I play the original in my Toshiba HD-XA2 it's in English.

This has never happened to me before. Anybody else have this problem?

I just used AnyDVD HD to backup the new Harry Potter on HDDVD and when I play back it has French menus.

When I play the original disc in PowrDVD it's in English. When I play the original in my Toshiba HD-XA2 it's in English.

This has never happened to me before. Anybody else have this problem?
What are your AnyDVD HD DVD settings? Try clicking "default".

found the problem. There are 3 xpl files. The re-numbering system used by AnyDVD made the French Menu xpl the 000.XPL and the English 0001.XPL.

I had to reverse the file names. Now the English menus work.

found the problem. There are 3 xpl files. The re-numbering system used by AnyDVD made the French Menu xpl the 000.XPL and the English 0001.XPL.

I had to reverse the file names. Now the English menus work.
Ahhh ... thanks for posting!
I imagine someone mentioned this before, but I never saw it and I've been wondering about it. I have a couple of hi-def hdd rips that do that (I forget if they were Blu-Ray or HDDVD, but assume that they are HDDVD now that I know the reason). It hasn't bothered me too much because it is easy enough to figure out.

Free advise: Make a quick test and play the disc with AnyDVD running, before trying to copy it.

Back