• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.3.0.1 beta

Powerdvd reports an interal error 80040265.

That is the error that is caused by BD+ titles with PDVD 3516, I think.
You have to switch back to PDVD 3104, then it works.

P.S.: @James, will there be a fix for this error code in PDVD3516 (without AnyDVD this error code does not occur).

In case I wasn't clear, I'm not trying to rip, all I want to do is play die hard 4.0

PowerDVD won't attempt to play it if anydvdHD is running. It will attempt to play it if anydvdHD isn't running, but then I hit the hdmi issue.

Anyone give me a pointer as to how to get an earlier version of PowerDVD 7.3

Last edited:
In case I wasn't clear, I'm not trying to rip, all I want to do is play die hard 4.0

PowerDVD won't attempt to play it if anydvdHD is running. It will attempt to play it if anydvdHD isn't running, but then I hit the hdmi issue.

Anyone give me a pointer as to how to get an earlier version of PowerDVD 7.3
there is nothing special needed. Just your basic search on google. If that doesn't turn up anything, then use a P2P program or bittorrent or whatever.
Search for 3104a or 3319a - you don't need an illegal copy or anything, just the official file that powerdvd released.

Last edited:
Powerdvd reports an interal error 80040265. Turning of the regional blue ray disc region portion of anydvd doesn't change the outcome. Setting it to region B doesn't change the outcome either. Turning off anydvd totally does of course work, I get a 20th century fox home entertainment screen, but then the dvd won't play as I dont have a HDMI compliant set up.

I have that same problem with Blu Ray The Simspons Movie, Euro version. When I disable AnyDVD HD it works for a second but it stops and asks me to use analog connection to the monitor.

I found an earlier version of powerdvd and it does indeed work with anydvdhd to play die hard 4.0 However going forward, people will ONLY have the newest version of powerdvd, and therefore this will be an increasing problem.

I found an earlier version of powerdvd and it does indeed work with anydvdhd to play die hard 4.0 However going forward, people will ONLY have the newest version of powerdvd, and therefore this will be an increasing problem.
Exactly. That's why we tell people not to upgrade their powerdvd and to google for 3104a or 3319a. That's also one of the reasons we don't like powerdvd. That's also why we are eagerly anticipating other software solutions to use for our players. ;)

I have downgraded to a previous PowerDVD version, now the disk starts, I can see the trailers (one from Futurama), but when the actual movie begins, it shows a frame each 5 or 10 seconds (it depends on the scene). Sound is perfect, but the image freezes. Maybe lack of BD+ support?.

BTW, I downgraded PowerDVD with internet access disabled, then I configured PowerDVD to not check for newer versions. But when I rebooted with internet conexion back, the damn program asked me to upgrade to the latest version, it won't let me try the movie again. Now even with the network cable out it asks me to upgrade. I can't watch the movie with neither old nor new version, what can I do?

I have downgraded to a previous PowerDVD version, now the disk starts, I can see the trailers (one from Futurama), but when the actual movie begins, it shows a frame each 5 or 10 seconds (it depends on the scene). Sound is perfect, but the image freezes. Maybe lack of BD+ support?.
Which version of PowerDVD are you using now? 3104 works fine.

BTW, I downgraded PowerDVD with internet access disabled, then I configured PowerDVD to not check for newer versions. But when I rebooted with internet conexion back, the damn program asked me to upgrade to the latest version, it won't let me try the movie again. Now even with the network cable out it asks me to upgrade. I can't watch the movie with neither old nor new version, what can I do?
With AnyDVD HD running???? Shouldn't happen.

Which version of PowerDVD are you using now? 3104 works fine.

I have tried plain version 7.3, now I have found 7.3104a, will try it when I get home. Thanks for the tip.

With AnyDVD HD running???? Shouldn't happen.

No, I'm afraid I disabled AnyDVD HD, that has been my mistake. I wanted to try it because my monitor is Samsung SM-244T which supports, in theory, HDCP, but it won't let me use digital mode. My card is a Club3D 8800GTX which is also HDCP compliant (in theory too).

I will try again in a couple of hours when I get home.

Last edited:
In theory, PowerDVD following BD+ instructions could be caused to cease playback (or at least the BD+ VM could refuse to descramble the content) if it could be determined that it was not being played off an original disc. This did not happen with the first round of BD+, however we are now a couple of months into its use, and maybe they have finally started to properly implement more of BD+'s features. Has anyone been able to play a ripped copy of The Simpsons Movie using older PowerDVD versions?

In theory, PowerDVD following BD+ instructions could be caused to cease playback (or at least the BD+ VM could refuse to descramble the content) if it could be determined that it was not being played off an original disc. This did not happen with the first round of BD+, however we are now a couple of months into its use, and maybe they have finally started to properly implement more of BD+'s features. Has anyone been able to play a ripped copy of The Simpsons Movie using older PowerDVD versions?
Yes, I did (European Version, Region B).

I'll considering trying to go back to that version but I had issues before. We'll see how a reinstall of it does for me.

You know how to install multiple versions of PowerDVD? It is quite simple, just copy your current installation and rename it.

You know how to install multiple versions of PowerDVD? It is quite simple, just copy your current installation and rename it.

It's also a PITA. :) I suppose I could write a batch script to deal with it.

It's also a PITA. :) I suppose I could write a batch script to deal with it.
I did. Attached for you, my love. :p

EDIT: You might need to adjust paths, of course. You must be administrator to run it. Didn't try it under Vista, but it probably won't work with UAC enabled.
EDIT2: You must have killed the useless programs PowerDVD starts from Windows startip, like PDVDServ.exe (or whatever it is called). Just check HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run for anything PowerDVD related and remove it / comment it out.

Attachments

• PowerDVDSwitch.zip
    614 bytes · Views: 111
Last edited:
Back