• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.3.0.1 beta

So I completely reinstalled Nero and tried it with a mounted ISO image. Yea....NO. Show Time *SUCKS*. It completely crashes as soon as it tries to play the disc. I have no more time to waste on such a crappy product. As much as I hate PowerDVD, at least the damn thing WORKS.

In fact PowerDVD is OK product, if not good. I do not see any reasons to hate it. It has some minor bugs, but who doesn't? They removed the feature to play HD content from HDD in recent releases, but they were forced to by AACS. So I'm quite comfortable to use PowerDVD and I'm not sorry I paid for it. There is no real alternative anyway.

I am using PDVD 7.3.3516 with a HD2600 AGP using The ATI Cysiss Hotfix
drivers AnyDVD HD V6.3.0.1 and am having trouble playing the following movies with AnyDVD active. Some times I have to not only turn off AnyDVD but also exit.

Transformers -HD DVD
Bourne Ultimatum -HD DVD
Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End -BD

Rew

I have 3516 and I've had no problem with Transformers and Bourne Ultimatum. Bourne is a POORLY mastered disc so it's possible you have an issue with the disc itself. What issues are you having exactly? When you say "trouble playing" does it start at all? Pixelated? Stuttering?

I have 3516 and I've had no problem with Transformers and Bourne Ultimatum. Bourne is a POORLY mastered disc so it's possible you have an issue with the disc itself. What issues are you having exactly? When you say "trouble playing" does it start at all? Pixelated? Stuttering?

They for the most part look ike they get into a loop playing something but no video. Even trying to force a select title from the menu does not get it to play. Remove or at least deisabling AnyDVD seems to allow it to play.

Mind you other HD DVD's & BD's seem to play OK.

Thanks
Rew

Very strange. Like I said, I'm able to play both either from disc or from image. I had some problems with Bourne due to such a crappy original disc that I should get replaced. I'm not sure why AnyDVD is giving you problems...I have it enabled all the time and it still works. With Bourne I had to mount the image, play, kill PowerDVD, unmount the image, remount it, and play again before it will work. No idea what's up with that but it works for me.

Power DVD Grey?

Why can't I play a Ripped HD DVD via Power DVD Ultra on my PC? BluRay plays fine. OK button is Greyed out? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Has anyone had any luck playing lost? AnyDVD seemed to download an update for it but no matter what I do it's just a black screen when I try to play it. I can skip through the previews but it freezes at the menus. Any ideas ?

i wonder when the next update of anydvd hd will be, seems like its been ages compaired to the normal release every 2 days type of stuff heh :)
meby james want to release a christmas special version with a suprized full BD+ crack :p

I doubt it. I think there's just no titles that it can't handle right now hence no need for an update. :)

I doubt it. I think there's just no titles that it can't handle right now hence no need for an update. :)

dont get me wrong,i love anydvd but die hard 4 blu-ray region b dosent work with anydvd turned on,i have to exit and change the region code on power dvd to B,WHY:confused:

dont get me wrong,i love anydvd but die hard 4 blu-ray region b dosent work with anydvd turned on,i have to exit and change the region code on power dvd to B,WHY:confused:

That's another issue in and of itself that probably has more to do with PowerDVD than AnyDVD. AnyDVD can decrypt the title so there's no need for an update.

That's another issue in and of itself that probably has more to do with PowerDVD than AnyDVD. AnyDVD can decrypt the title so there's no need for an update.
thanks for the reply.prob is anydvd changes region to A which leaves powerdvd unable to play the title,exiting any dvd lets the title play on region B.ripping with any dvd rips the warning only,no movie:confused:.maybe its a glitch,i dont mind too much im not going to knock a great program like anydvd over this, its a gift .:clap:

Try setting the region in AnyDVD to the region of the disc. It's not always good at picking up on that automatically.

dont get me wrong,i love anydvd but die hard 4 blu-ray region b dosent work with anydvd turned on, ...

It does, It tried it myself.

Try setting the region in AnyDVD to the region of the disc. It's not always good at picking up on that automatically.

Yes, "automatic" doesn't work with Die Hard 4.0.

Well I can't get die hard 4.0 (blu ray region B). to run at all. I've read the above and tried to replicate without success. I'm using the latest beta of anydvdhd, and also powerdvd7.3 tells me there are no updates, so thats the latest too.

Powerdvd reports an interal error 80040265. Turning of the regional blue ray disc region portion of anydvd doesn't change the outcome. Setting it to region B doesn't change the outcome either. Turning off anydvd totally does of course work, I get a 20th century fox home entertainment screen, but then the dvd won't play as I dont have a HDMI compliant set up.

Last edited:
makes sure you powerdvd is build 3104 or 3319a, anything after 3319a will probably have problems, and doesn't allow playback from the harddrive

Back