• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.1.8.6 beta

To be honest I never used that option. That's why I'm asking.

I've never used it either, but, now that I enable it I see what he's referring to. My bad. I know that someone else said their PAL DVD was misrecognized as an NTSC DVD...I wonder if this is what's causing their problem? Given that I just now learned what that option actually does, I have absolutely no useful information to provide on this one.

If you have them already....you SUCK! :p I can't wait to get those.

Yep I have them and I live in the UK, I got them on slow shipping too. Disc 1 and 2 are region free, but Spiderman 3 is region A

Last edited:
Yep I have them and I live in the UK, I got them on slow shipping too. Disc 1 and 2 are region free, but Siderman 3 is region A

Fascinating. I'll be getting them hopefully next week. I need to order them. I haven't done so yet. I have Amazon Prime so I can get them shipped 2nd day for free.

well I buy all mine from the US, and they don't charge me shipping. If I buy them from Amazon.com by the time the shipping goes on it works out more than where I buy them from. Although I'm in the US end of next week so will be stuffing a suitcase with games and films

well I buy all mine from the US, and they don't charge me shipping. If I buy them from Amazon.com by the time the shipping goes on it works out more than where I buy them from. Although I'm in the US end of next week so will be stuffing a suitcase with games and films

Nice. :) I like the Amazon Prime membership. Yea, it's expensive, but, in the end with all the stuff I order from Amazon, it saves me money and I can get my stuff in 2 days. I found that Amazon prices beat my local shops by nearly 10 bucks on HD movies, so, that's a significant savings. I just ordered the Spiderman trilogy so it should be here next Wednesday or Thursday. I can't wait to see the 3rd one. My kids got to go see it on an Imax theater and they loved it.

Aren't they region coded though? That being the case, my player won't allow me to play them. I don't yet have a BD drive for the PC and my HTPC doesn't work so well for HD video yet anyway. So, I'm stuck with playing them on my PS3. In my case, I think the only thing I can do is get the version for my region.

No, they are not region coded-says right on the back they are region A,B,C. And I have played mine both on my PS3 and PC. Ezdvd's website lists them as region B, but they are region free.

No, they are not region coded-says right on the back they are region A,B,C. And I have played mine both on my PS3 and PC. Ezdvd's website lists them as region B, but they are region free.

Hmmm...that's pretty sweet! Ah well, I already ordered them for my region, but, that's good to know for the future. I'll definitely have to look into that. Thanks!

Thanks, it now works. Can I leave this setting checked for all HDDVD's or do I have to uncheck it for non-universal HD movies?

I wouldn't leave it checked for all discs. But it takes just 10 seconds to try out, which setting to use - play it with PowerDVD. If all is well, the setting is fine.
(You know, that you don't need to rip first with AnyDVD, don't you? ;) )

Have yet to try the new beta, but here is the R2 Oldboy which fails in 6.1.8.6:

Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.6)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 18269376 sectors (35682 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: OLDBOY
Media is AACS protected!
VerifyMediaKey failed. Please update AnyDVD!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_I_OLDBOY.zip
    15 KB · Views: 3
Righto. More to come.

You might believe I am stupid (probably I am :eek: ), but the info I added in the AnyDVD_Info file wasn't sufficient.

Could you please post the AnyDVD_Info files again, but using AnyDVD 6.1.8.9 (beta)? I am pretty sure, that this time the information will be enough....
Thank you very much!!!

Have yet to try the new beta, but here is the R2 Oldboy which fails in 6.1.8.6:

Summary for drive I: (AnyDVD 6.1.8.6)
PIONEER BD-ROMBDC-202 1.01 07/05/15PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 18269376 sectors (35682 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: OLDBOY
Media is AACS protected!
VerifyMediaKey failed. Please update AnyDVD!
ERROR processing Blu-Ray disc!

Sorry, my fault... can you please resubmit the info, but using AnyDVD 6.1.8.9?
Thank you very much!

Back