• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.6.4 beta

Okay, let me give it a try:

1) Should be obvious from what I wrote.

2) I actually suspected that, but that wasn't the problem, got rid of everything that was remotly memory resident, but had to downgrade to 6.1.5.5 to get it running.

3) Weeds Season1, RegionA, Catalog Nr. 21334, ISN 0-31398-21334-5-80 (there seems to be a re-release, maybe there were other problems with this title, would not surprise me).

4) I was using a Sony BWU100 as well as a LG GB H10N, the HD-DVD-Drive is the Toshiba SD-H802A, I am running XP Home SP2, Cyberlink Ultra, latest patch I did was from 4/15/07. Everything else works just fine by now. Ultra rock solid system otherwise.

5) With Weeds everything seems fine with status messages, however the BR would hang after a few seconds, black screen, no navigating or jumping whatsoever. With the Toshiba just any disk (DVD, HD-DVD) would just hang at the balloon message of AnyDVD analyzing the disk.

6) No other error messages.

7) Tried to search for solutions, but no luck, sorry! ;)

Thanks!
Can you please try AnyDVD 6.1.6.4 beta? Thank you!

James, thanks for the heads up. HOwever, no luck, 6.1.6.4 does not work either with the problematic titles.

6.1.5.5 still works okay, however, I can't decode 'Pirates of the Carrebbean 1' German version now.

On the other hand: I may have a filters problem, and again I doubt it, because the problems are the same on the other system, where there is no burning software installed.

Anyways, here is what filter check yielded:

Filter Check Tool v3.4

No Upper Filters found.

A Lower Filter found is: AnyDVD
Filterdriver properties are:
Name: AnyDVD
Caption: AnyDVD
Description: AnyDVD
AcceptPause: Falsch
AcceptStop: Wahr
DesktopInteract: Falsch
DisplayName: AnyDVD
ErrorControl: Normal
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
Version Info: 6.1.6.0
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: Wahr
StartMode: Manual
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 0

A Lower Filter found is: clbstor
Name: CLBStor
Caption: InstantBurn Storage Helper Driver
Description: InstantBurn Storage Helper Driver
AcceptPause: Falsch
AcceptStop: Wahr
DesktopInteract: Falsch
DisplayName: InstantBurn Storage Helper Driver
ErrorControl: Ignore
ExitCode: 0
PathName: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\CLBStor.sys
Version Info: 5.0.0.1925
ServiceSpecificExitCode: 0
ServiceType: Kernel Driver
Started: Wahr
StartMode: Boot
StartName:
State: Running
TagId: 6

HIH

Linus

A Lower Filter found is: clbstor
Name: CLBStor
Caption: InstantBurn Storage

Uninstall CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software, and ensure clbstor no longer appears in your lower filters after rebooting. If you need that drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead.

James, thanks for the heads up. HOwever, no luck, 6.1.6.4 does not work either with the problematic titles.

6.1.5.5 still works okay, however, I can't decode 'Pirates of the Carrebbean 1' German version now.
Please elaborate. 'Pirates of the Carrebbean 1' German version does not play with PowerDVD Ultra 7.3, Build 2911, with or without AnyDVD.
(Pirates 2 German, and Speed German don't play either).

I doubt AnyDVD 6.1.5.5 works, if the original discs don't even play with AnyDVD disabled (yes, I have a special test machine with HDCP graphics card & display, just for this test case).

Uninstall CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software, and ensure clbstor no longer appears in your lower filters after rebooting. If you need that drag and drop functionality, use dvd-ram instead.

Thanks I will try that. However, as I said, I have a second system with the same problems without any burning software. And then, I may be wrong, let me double check and I get back tomorrow.

@James: I understand Pirates1 does not work at all? I am lost without AnyDVD, I have a Geforce Card that can actually do HDCP but haven't installed it at the moment (all ATI cards have always NOT worked with HDCP with me).

Talk to you tomorrow....

Thanks...

@James: I understand Pirates1 does not work at all? I am lost without AnyDVD, I have a Geforce Card that can actually do HDCP but haven't installed it at the moment (all ATI cards have always NOT worked with HDCP with me).
Yes, Pirates 1 & 2 and Speed (all German) don't work at all, even *without* AnyDVD. They only show a black screen.
Are you saying Pirates 1 (German) played on your system with AnyDVD 6.1.5.5?
I really can't believe this, I am certain I tried at least Speed (German) with older AnyDVD versions without success.
(Well, how could it play with AnyDVD it doesn't without it?)
AnyDVD does the decryption correctly (I checked this by looking at the .m2ts files), but some Java code on these titles seems to upset PowerDVD.
Did you use an older PowerDVD version when you first tried Pirates 1 with AnyDVD 6.1.5.5?

Thanks I will try that. However, as I said, I have a second system with the same problems without any burning software. And then, I may be wrong, let me double check and I get back tomorrow.

Talk to you tomorrow....

Thanks...

Okay, I just tried AnyDVD 6.1.5.5 with Pirates 1 (German). It won't play, of course (how could it if it doesn't play without AnyDVD???).
I believe it is now time to tell Cyberlink support about this problem.
BTW, the Bonus disc plays fine. Maybe you accidentally tried the Bonus disc the first time?

James, sorry, no, I could not play Pirates1/German so far, that was a misunderstanding.

However I definitely could play Speed/German without any problems, but that is already 4 weeks ago now (don't remember which version of AD I had running, but as I said, no problems at all!!).

Sorry again for being unclear about this. I will try the Pirates1 today again on another system during the day and report back.

I read on a German forum that there were also problems playing back Pirates1/German on certain stand alone players, so there seems to be problem with this BR.

James, sorry, no, I could not play Pirates1/German so far, that was a misunderstanding.

However I definitely could play Speed/German without any problems, but that is already 4 weeks ago now (don't remember which version of AD I had running, but as I said, no problems at all!!).
Maybe I'll have to try Speed with the latest PowerDVD.

Could you please explain what exactly *is* the problem you have with 6.1.6.4 now?

6.1.5.5 still works okay, ...

I am completely :confused:

I am puzzled. I just tried Speed (German), it does not play with Power DVD Ultra 7.3 build 2911 with or without AnyDVD. Same behaviour as Pirates 1&2 (German).

Could you please post the AnyDVD status window for Speed (German)?

Here is mine:

Summary for drive Y: (AnyDVD 6.1.6.4)
HL-DT-ST BD-REGBW-H10N GL05 00112106416AGJ2510
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a Blu-Ray disc.
Total size: 12219392 sectors (23866 MBytes)
Video Blu-Ray label: SPEED_F2
Media is AACS protected!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Blu-Ray region lock removed!

Last edited:
I am puzzled. I just tried Speed (German), it does not play with Power DVD Ultra 7.3 build 2911 with or without AnyDVD. Same behaviour as Pirates 1&2 (German).

Could you please post the AnyDVD status window for Speed (German)?

James, I would love to, however, I had Speed 1/German rented on 5/29/07 (what version of AnyDVD was current then?) and played it flawlessly a day later or so. I would have to re-rent it in order to double check. Tell me if you think this is essential. However it seems that there are different versions of Blu-Rays in fluctuation (see below Weeds1, which I have and is obviously re-released in a couple of days). That all makes things not easy for you and all of us, I understand that.

With the newest AnyDVD version I still have the problem that Weeds 1 does not play (but as it may seem they are doing a re-release of that one anyways) and I cannot use the Toshiba HD-DVD SD-H802A at all (also not with normal DVDs, everything just freezes up).

With the newest AnyDVD version I still have the problem that Weeds 1 does not play (but as it may seem they are doing a re-release of that one anyways) and I cannot use the Toshiba HD-DVD SD-H802A at all (also not with normal DVDs, everything just freezes up).

Try ruling out Cyberlink's InstantBurn causing issues on your system.

Uninstall CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software,

Now I am confused: Suddely after upgrading to 6.1.4.4 again the Toshiba would suddenly work just before I wanted to deinstall the packet writing software. I hate error coming and going like that.

Anyways ... the problem with my version of WEEDs still exists under 6.1.4.4 do you want me to send it to you as I am done watching it anyways now?

Cheers!

Now I am confused: Suddely after upgrading to 6.1.4.4 again the Toshiba would suddenly work just before I wanted to deinstall the packet writing software. I hate error coming and going like that.

I still recommend uninstalling CyberLink InstantBurn's packet writing software, and ensuring clbstor no longer appears in your lower filters after rebooting.

Anyways ... the problem with my version of WEEDs still exists under 6.1.4.4 do you want me to send it to you as I am done watching it anyways now?

I do not work for Slysoft. You'd have to ask James or peer, I think.

Back