• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.8 beta

James > Thanks to you and Peer i'm so glad i've bought Slysofts products. You both just keep making things better for all of us :clap:

Well, bugger me with a fish fork! I'm away for a few days, and what happens? Support for Blu-ray! Nicely done SlySoft, but you're not getting my hard-earned cash quite yet. I tested the beta with a few discs and while region B discs work fine on my non-HDCP display, X-Men 3 (region A) refused to play because of region coding. Yeah, I know you know that regions are still a problem. Solve that, and you get my money :)

Well, bugger me with a fish fork! I'm away for a few days, and what happens? Support for Blu-ray! Nicely done SlySoft, but you're not getting my hard-earned cash quite yet. I tested the beta with a few discs and while region B discs work fine on my non-HDCP display, X-Men 3 (region A) refused to play because of region coding. Yeah, I know you know that regions are still a problem. Solve that, and you get my money :)
I am glad, 'cause we will get your money very soon. :D

Hey, you know what? It would be nice if AnyDVD HD supported BD playback with InterVideo WinDVD. Back in November I purchased the Japanese WinDVD 8 Platinum which installs either a HD DVD or a BD version. Now, that POS software has been intentionally crippled by InterVideo to output 960x540 only when it gets AACS-encrypted content. I was kinda hoping that AnyDVD HD would get around that, but no go. WinDVD won't even try to play a disc in BD drive when AnyDVD HD is running, probably because the AACS directory gets renamed.

I have another version of WinDVD 8, an OEM originally made for I-O Data. It's not crippled to 960x540, and actually gives out rather nice looking full HD when everything's HDCP. That version refuses to play the disc when AnyDVD HD is running, also.

Just something for the lads at SlySoft to ponder, is all... :)

Hey, you know what? It would be nice if AnyDVD HD supported BD playback with InterVideo WinDVD. Back in November I purchased the Japanese WinDVD 8 Platinum which installs either a HD DVD or a BD version. Now, that POS software has been intentionally crippled by InterVideo to output 960x540 only when it gets AACS-encrypted content. I was kinda hoping that AnyDVD HD would get around that, but no go. WinDVD won't even try to play a disc in BD drive when AnyDVD HD is running, probably because the AACS directory gets renamed.

I have another version of WinDVD 8, an OEM originally made for I-O Data. It's not crippled to 960x540, and actually gives out rather nice looking full HD when everything's HDCP. That version refuses to play the disc when AnyDVD HD is running, also.

WinDVD8 HD works fine with AnyDVD & HD DVD. Must be a Blu-Ray related problem. Does WinDVD really enforce Rom-Mark protection (AACS required on pressed discs)?
I'll look into this, maybe I can emulate a BD-R disc to make the stupid program happy (but don't hold your breath, it'll take a while, as I have other things to address first).

EDIT:
I forgot to mention - I hate Blu-Ray. :)

Last edited:
EDIT:I forgot to mention - I hate Blu-Ray. :)

I HATE WINDVD 8!!! Ran it on 5 different machines and it totally sucks. Whatever Cyberlink's problems are, at least it is MUCH more stable then Intervideo.

g

p.s. I am not too found of Blu Ray either:D That said, I'm still excited support has been added. A quick (and painful) death to Blu Ray wouldn't bother me in the least though;)

WinDVD8 HD works fine with AnyDVD & HD DVD. Must be a Blu-Ray related problem.
Sounds logical, aye.

Does WinDVD really enforce Rom-Mark protection (AACS required on pressed discs)?
It would appear so, yes.

I'll look into this, maybe I can emulate a BD-R disc to make the stupid program happy (but don't hold your breath, it'll take a while, as I have other things to address first).
No worries. I know there are more important things to get done. I'm just annoyed with InterVideo and it kinda spills over to this forum. Sorry 'bout that. Actually, the reason I was trying to get WinDVD working was that I hoped it would allow me to grab screenshots from menus. PDVD is working fine with AnyDVD HD for my movie-viewing needs - which is nice :)

I forgot to mention - I hate Blu-Ray. :)
Well, I hate region codes and the forthcoming BD+, not to mention HDCP and AACS in general. Nothing wrong with the image and audio quality BD's able to produce :)

you can remove manually the region lock with a text editor or if you use windvd8 there's a little tool to remove the region lock. ;-)

you can remove manually the region lock with a text editor or if you use windvd8 there's a little tool to remove the region lock. ;-)

Can you say some more about the way to do that with a text editor? (sorry for my bad english)

Just went through the pain to install WinDVD 8 BD (japanese). Works fine with AnyDVD HD & BD discs. Still only 960x540, but this isn't AnyDVD's fault.
So I don't know why it didn't work for you.

Working with Daemon tools of Samba sharing

Hi.

I have a PS3 and with Linux, I am able to either mount the blu-ray drive in Windows or rip the disk to an ISO and mount the ISO with Daemon tools (or Virtual Clone Drive).

Will AnyDVD HD work even if I don't have a "real" blu-ray drive in my PC ?

Will it still decrypt the content ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Would you pay for this? How much for an AnyDVD "CD-Audio Edition"?

How much would you pay for this?

whatever slysoft makes, I will buy. Because I know your products are amazing:agree:

Okay, AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.9 removes Blu-ray region code. Now give me your money! :D
Commented on this already in the 6.1.2.9 thread :)

I'm flying abroad tomorrow for a few days, but when I get back, I'll test the new beta. I'm fairly confident SlySoft will be $79 richer after that :D

Hi,

Now that AnyDVDRipper can rip DVDs, HDs, and Blu-Rays, PLEASE :bowdown: make it complete and add an option for ripping Audio-CDs.

Why implement a feature that's already in countless other applications into AnyDVD?

If you ask me, if any other king of ripping were to be added, perhaps ripping of DVD-Audio or SACDs would be more useful.

Back