• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD: 1, documentation? 2, log file?

Ripping an entire DVD in 7.28 seconds to an SSD? Not even my double Samsung 970 evo's 2+1tb are that fast. I'll believe that when I see it. No optical drive can rip that fast. And yes, read errors very much do impact the rip speed. If anydvd has trouble reading a disc, what do you think it does? Right try reading the sector AGAIN, what does that take? Right, that takes time. What's the consequence of doing that multiple times? Right, longer rip times.

And what do you know, I guess the dirlist.txt file doesn't list the entire disc structure? I guess the anydvd_log.txt doesn't list the disc scanning process and the problems it finds?

Just because YOU think the logfile is useless, doesn't make that a fact. If it was, the function to create it wouldn't be in anydvd. It's proven its usefulness on hundreds of topics every single time.

Just because you don't have the knowledge/tools to properly read/analyse the contents of the logfile, doesn't make it useless. It makes it useless to YOU, not the developers who create and maintain anydvd.

You have the right to your opinion, but the anydvd logfile has a proven track record. I'm done discussing the logfile and it's usefulness.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

By the way, last night -- I'm in the USA -- I mounted the ISO and watched the movie via PowerDVD12. It has quite a bit of judder. I'm now doing to analysis of MPEG2 structures and transport stream as an attempt -- futile I'll bet -- to explain the judder. Next, I'll try transcoding it to MKV and using various ffmpeg-based players to further visually test it.

A real log file of AnyDVD's ripping operation would have been helpful.

You ripped the DVD to an iso? Failed to see the warning anydvd gives you? Or did you choose to ignore it?

Yes, I read what your said about the time. Guess what copying can also mean? Right COPYING from an optical drive TO a hard drive (an SSD raid in this case).

From the '.ziplog' file...

...ziplog\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO -vs- rip...\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO -- 38 bytes changed
...ziplog\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO -vs- rip...\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO -- hundreds or thousands of bytes changed
...ziplog\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.IFO -vs- rip...\VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.IFO -- 20 bytes changed
...ziplog\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_0.IFO -vs- rip...\VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_0.IFO -- 8 bytes changed
...ziplog\VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_0.IFO -vs- rip...\VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_0.IFO -- 16 bytes changed
...ziplog\VIDEO_TS\VTS_05_0.IFO -vs- rip...\VIDEO_TS\VTS_05_0.IFO -- 8 bytes changed

I assume that the IFOs in '... ziplog' are the original IFOs and that the differences in 'rip...' were made by AnyDVD.

Due to the speed of the "Create Logfile..." operation, I believe IFO analysis is all that's done.

Your Avatar died just recently at 103 years. He was a great actor. Let's change your Avatar now, please.

You ripped the DVD to an iso? Failed to see the warning anydvd gives you? Or did you choose to ignore it?
Do you mean this "warning"?

Warning:

Ths 'rip to image' function you are performing is intended for
use with imaging tools like Virtual CloneDrive.

Of course I saw that. So what? It's not really a warning.

You believe wrong, but believe what you want. It's your prerogative. The logfile has a proven track record, a feat lead developer @James I'm sure will agree with.

Your Avatar died just recently at 103 years. He was a great actor. Let's change your Avatar now, please.
He died 2 days ago. Sad... I'm not going to change my avatar. I use it as a tribute to him. After his death, the tribute is even more appropriate, IMHO. Sorry if it offends you.

Just a thought. I understand your reasons to keep it.

You believe wrong, but believe what you want. It's your prerogative. The logfile has a proven track record, a feat lead developer @James I'm sure will agree with.
I don't know what to believe because AnyDVD doesn't make of log of the rip. All I do know is that the rip took 2 hours and the disc seems to be okay. The 'problem' seems to be with AnyDVD. You can try to deflect the responsibility to me, but that's just silly. I come here as a lifetime AnyDVD purchase customer for support and you have provided no support at all.

I don't know what to believe because AnyDVD doesn't make of log of the rip. All I do know is that the rip took 2 hours and the disc seems to be okay. The 'problem' seems to be with AnyDVD. You can try to deflect the responsibility to me, but that's just silly. I come here as a lifetime AnyDVD purchase customer for support and you have provided no support at all.
You are dealing with 3xx0n Vald3z who is always right. So stop arguing. You are ending in an endless loop. Just some piece of advice...

Going back to my previous post (in part)...

Regarding AnyDVD_log.txt:
I see some scoreboards, lots of process status reports, and then this:

All skipped sectors:
297 - 26358 (26061)
26797 - 26804 (7)
2996230 - 3001462 (5232)
3001488 - 3001506 (18)
3869434 - 3869457 (23)
3869468 - 3869476 (8)
3916648 - 3916656 (8)
3916667 - 3916685 (18)
3953366 - 3953379 (13)
3953389 - 3953408 (19)
3962512 - 3962522 (10)
32.78s: Adding error 297 length 26061
32.78s: Not adding error 26797, 7 is too small!
32.78s: Adding error 2996230 length 5232

Are the skipped sectors errors or are these entries simply AnyDVD accounting?
If they are actual errors, what errors were found?
"error 297" is not meaningful to me.

You are dealing with 3xx0n Vald3z who is always right. So stop arguing. You are ending in an endless loop. Just some piece of advice...
I'm not seeking an argument. I'm seeking support. The source disc may have errors, but if so, they are not surface read errors. That leaves MPEG stream and/or transport errors, but I doubt that AnyDVD even looks at that sfuff. If so, then the only conclusion is an AnyDVD bug, eh?

Seems to me that James should be interested in that.

You're just as wrong. I get your referring to me. My forum nickname doesn't come from the gas station brand, but from my favorites tv series ever: Stargate SG-1.

3xx0n Vald3z is never kidding or apologizing.
Ah! I get it. Exxon Valdez, sailing along on a mission to deliver toxic products, oblivious to the environment and the fragility of the bay, running into anything and everything in it's path.

That's cruel. I like it.

Back