• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD freezes my PC

jordan4584

I just bought AnyDVD HD. Its freezes my pc on startup. I have to reset and go into safemode, where Anydvd won't open. I had to uninstall it. This only happened after I purchased the key. The trial worked fine. Not very happy to be honest.

Click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9061, and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Also, this is basic Micrsoft troubleshooting procedure (someone forwarded this to me, but this is pretty standard):

1) Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press Enter.

If prompted, please click Continue on the User Account Control (UAC) window.

2) Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3) Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

NOTE: we can go back to normal boot by running msconfig again and checking on Normal Startup in the General tab.

In the Clean Boot Environment, the third party services and applications are disabled, please check if you can install, and run Anydvd.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service you have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Last edited:
I'm not the most technically literate. I've been looking at those threads. I've been trying everything.

1) Install Anydvd.
2) Freezes desktop, hard reboot into safe.
3) Double click Anydvd, 'Failed to init Elbycdio
4) Uninstall Anydvd in safe, delete files
5) Reboot to normal
6) Run CCleaner
7) Turn off firewall
8) Turn off UAC
9) Delete Spybot entirely
10) Install AnyDVD

... Freezes desktop. Forced to reboot into safe to uninstall it.

a) Disable User account Control.

b) Right click on the Anydvd installer, and select "run as administrator".

And if that doesn't work, then again . . .

this is basic Micrsoft troubleshooting procedure (someone forwarded this to me, but this is pretty standard):

1) Click the Start Button type "msconfig" (without quotation marks) in the Search box, and then press Enter.

2) Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

Then, restart the computer. When the "System Configuration Utility" window appears, please check the "Don't show this message or launch the System Configuration Utility when Windows starts" box and click OK.

NOTE: we can go back to normal boot by running msconfig again and checking on Normal Startup in the General tab.

In the Clean Boot Environment, the third party services and applications are disabled, please check if you can install, and run Anydvd.

If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service you have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

a) Disable User account Control.

b) Right click on the Anydvd installer, and select "run as administrator".

I can't do this in Normal boot because the desktop/pc freezes on startup because of AnyDVD. When I try it in safe (Right click and running as administrator) I get the 'Failed to init elbcdio' error. UAC is off in both cases.

And if that doesn't work, then again . . .

this is basic Micrsoft troubleshooting procedure (someone forwarded this to me, but this is pretty standard):

[/quote]

Ok, I tried this. Started with no programmes running. I installed AnyDVD. As soon as it started, it again freezes itself and pulls the entire desktop down with it. I'm back in safe mode...

1) Normally, you could try enabling "safe mode" in Anydvd's program settings.

2) Ensure you're using Micrsoft ide busmaster drivers.

3) Visit your motherboard's website and check for updated chipset drivers.

4) use Protection ID (click the underlined text). It's a free program.

a. run the program
b. select the icon that looks like a computer with a green line on the monitor screen. This icon is on the left. You should now see "Task Manager".
c. On the bottom the "Proc." button should be selected. Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
d. Now click the drv. button on the bottom. Again, Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
e. Now select the misc. tools icon on the left side of the screen (it's the bottom left). Select "cd filter drivers" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
f. Click the "services" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
g. Click the "environment" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".

3) Visit your motherboard's website and check for updated chipset drivers.

How exactly do I do these?

4) use Protection ID (click the underlined text). It's a free program.

a. run the program
b. select the icon that looks like a computer with a green line on the monitor screen. This icon is on the left. You should now see "Task Manager".
c. On the bottom the "Proc." button should be selected. Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
d. Now click the drv. button on the bottom. Again, Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
e. Now select the misc. tools icon on the left side of the screen (it's the bottom left). Select "cd filter drivers" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
f. Click the "services" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".
g. Click the "environment" tab on the bottom. Click "scan". Right click anywhere in the main window, and select "save report". Select "save as .txt". Type a filename, and click "save".

Well, I did this, and the 4 reports, the third is too big to upload.

Edit: By the way I think I've got malware.

Attachments

• Report.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Report2.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Report4.txt
    10.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Click on the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to "program settings". Check "safe mode". Click "ok"

click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=9061, step 3

Visit your motherboard's website and check for updated chipset drivers.

I don't know what motherboard it is that you're using. You'll have to find out.

Well, I did this, and the 4 reports, the third is too big to upload.

Just .zip it up

By the way I think I've got malware.

Well, that might explain your problem

Image Name : PDVDServ.exe
Process Id : 02036 / 07F4h
Threads : 2
Priority : 08 / 08h
Owner : Jordan
Handles : 84
Parent Id : 01876 / 0754h
Mem Usage : 4260 K
VM Size : 2572 K

That doesn't need to be running. You can stop it from starting up in msconfig or possibly in services

Image Name : realsched.exe
Process Id : 01996 / 07CCh
Threads : 4
Priority : 08 / 08h
Owner : Jordan
Handles : 111
Parent Id : 01876 / 0754h
Mem Usage : 744 K
VM Size : 3000 K

remove that from startup

Image Name : PnkBstrA.exe

Some versions PunkBuster have been known to cause all sorts of problems.

Name : clbstor
Filter Type : Lower Class
Drive(s) : *
Active : Yes
Version : 5.0.3004
File Description : Cyberlink Storage Helper Driver (WindowsNT5.x)
Product Name :
Company Name : Cyberlink Co.,Ltd.
Original FileName :
Recorded Location : \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\clbstor.sys
Calculated Location : C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\clbstor.sys

packet writing junk . . . from Cyberlink's Instantburn

i) Create a backup of your registry: click http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756 (scroll down for Vista)
ii) Download imgburn. It's a free program: http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download
(it's also an excellent program in my opinion)
iii) In Imgburn, go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order. Select "clbstor". Click "remove selected filter". Click "ok".
iv) Reboot

You may have to boot into windows safe mode to get rid of clbstor from your registry. You may need to boot into Windows safe mode (hold down f8, I think, as your computer is booting up--then choose to boot into Windows safe mode)--and then follow those steps I just listed. It's important to get clbstor removed from your registry.

If you don't see clbstor listed in imgburn, then you're safe.

Last edited:
Click on the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to "program settings". Check "safe mode". Click "ok"

I can't do this because I can't get the programme running.

I followed this a few hours ago.

I don't know what motherboard it is that you're using. You'll have to find out.

Ok, well I'm trying to find out. I'm trying to deal with malware with Spybot. Uploaded 3rd report in meantime...

Attachments

• Report3.rar
    9.6 KB · Views: 0
I'm getting 'stopped working' errors with Eset online @ 14% unfortunately. Those bus drivers have been updated. But I'm still getting the same problem.

I think I'm going to reinstall Vista. The Malware is manifesting in an ad that pops up with IE every now and again or forcefully redirects somewhere else. I can't think of any other solution for both problems.

I think I'm going to reinstall Vista. The Malware is manifesting in an ad that pops up with IE every now and again or forcefully redirects somewhere else. I can't think of any other solution for both problems.

Sorry, I'm out of suggestions at this point. If you do reinstall, don't install Cyberlink's Instantburn.

You could try firefox with Adblock plus (freeware plugin), I suppose, instead of IE.

Sorry, I'm out of suggestions at this point. If you do reinstall, don't install Cyberlink's Instantburn.

You could try firefox with Adblock plus (freeware plugin), I suppose, instead of IE.

Will do. Thanks for your assistance though.

Back