• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD experts, pls help me!!

zhenactinium

I have a Dell latitude D620 running XP, and the DVD drive is region free (plays DVD from all regions) version. But when I use AnyDVD 6.1.6.5 to rip some clips from the DVD movie, it changes the drive hardware to region 1!! And I can see the remaining change time is 4 now! Why is that? How can I change it back. I need a region free DVD drive to read DVD movies from 2~3 different sources.

Please help me!

But when I use AnyDVD 6.1.6.5 to rip some clips from the DVD movie, it changes the drive hardware to region 1!!

That means Anydvd is doing its job and emulating the region the original disc is in (your drive region setting hasn't actually changed; Anydvd's magic is fooling your system). You have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Thank you! Are you saying that once I uninstall AnyDVD and reboot the computer, I should get the true hardware settings (which is region free)?

Thank you! Are you saying that once I uninstall AnyDVD and reboot the computer, I should get the true hardware settings (which is region free)?

You don't need to uninstall Anydvd to see the difference. Just exit the program.

Thanks again for the quick reply! But you make me a little nervous now: when I exit AnyDVD and go to hardware properties of my DVD drive, it still shows that the current region is 1 and 4 times left to change. And I can not play DVDs from non-region1 areas without AnyDVD running. AND, when I goes to the "settings" page of AnyDVD, it sees something like: DVD drive (Hardwere) region is 1.

Thanks again for the quick reply! But you make me a little nervous now: when I exit AnyDVD and go to hardware properties of my DVD drive, it still shows that the current region is 1 and 4 times left to change. And I can not play DVDs from non-region1 areas without AnyDVD running. AND, when I goes to the "settings" page of AnyDVD, it sees something like: DVD drive (Hardwere) region is 1.

Then your drive's region has been set. It's impossible for Anydvd to set a drive's hardware region by itself, so something else must have happened prior to you using Anydvd. Regardless, provided you have Anydvd on your system I doubt you have much to worry about in terms of watching discs from other regions.

Last edited:
Back