• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ANYDVD Driver not recognizing blank disc

Indyrod

I've never had a problem like this, except for the past two ANYDVD versions. I have an internal dvd rom and 2 external rom drives. I have them all selected in ANYDVD, even though I just use the internal drive for burning. The problem is the laptop is not recognizing a blank dvd-r disc in the internal drive, unless I deselect it in ANYDVD. I had tried everything else, and then I thought it might be a driver problem, and I deselected it in ANYDVD and the blank disc was recognized immediately by Windows 7, which to me, meant the default Windows driver had no problem recognizing the blank disc, but ANYDVD's driver did not. I was using IMGBURN to burn a dvd file from my hard drive. Somethings not right, and I don't know what a log file would help, but if you want one I'll attach it. The problem is not with the external drives, just the internal drive. I know this sounds weird, but that's what is happening, the ANYDVD driver fails where the default Windows driver does not in recognizing a blank dvd-r blank.

I am having the same problem have you found a solution regarding this issue?

Of course it doesn't recognise it. Why would it. There's no content on the disc. The status window should say 'unknown disc type. Empty?'

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Yes, the drive does show up under My Computer but says no disc, but will not recognize a blank disc, unless I disable the drive from AnyDvd, and let the Windows driver work. Then, the blank disc is recognized by Windows 7.

What are you talking about Chevron? I know how this stuff works. The blank disc does not show up at all in IMGBURN, nor does the drive show up with a disc in Windows Explorer. As I said, if you had paid attention, is everything is fine with the drive and blank disc if I let the Windows Driver recognize it, after I disable AnyDvd. This problem didn't start until a couple version releases ago.

Are you referring to it showing up under My Computer?

The internal drive shows up in My Computer, but no disc is recognized with AnyDvD enabled.

I am having the same problem have you found a solution regarding this issue?

No, it seems the brains here are just ignoring it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not triple post. Use the "edit" link below your posts instead. Posts merged.

That said you may know how anydvd works but then your topic title is wrong. It claims the AnyDVD driver doesn't recognise blank discs, and that's exactly what it's designed to do. Now, i'm not saying there might not be an issue. But @James will have to take a look

James has no idea ... yet.

James has no idea ... yet.

Right, no logfile by OP :)

@Indyrod if you want james to have a look. You'll need to provide an AnyDVD logfile from a RANDOM DISC (not a blank one or an empty drive) so James might see if there could be a conflict somewhere.

Back