• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD doesn't work with SATA drive

stenews

Hi mates... :rock:
does anyone of you have never tried to use AnyDVD with a SATA drive?
I have an LG GH22 connected via SATA port and I can't rip with it.
I really don't know why but...I can't

Thanks for any help,
Stefano

P.S.
My LG uses a PCI SATA card:
SiteCom eSATA PCI card CN-042
SiI (Silicon Image) 3512 Revision I

Last edited:
It's not the drive, more likely the drivers for the controller card. AnyDVD works fine with SATA drives as it works with Blu-ray drives and most of those are SATA

Hi Adbear and thanks for your reply,
...more likely the drivers for the controller card...
I see what you mean, but which drivers should I install?

Thanks,
Stefano

Hi mates... :rock:
does anyone of you have never tried to use AnyDVD with a SATA drive?
I have an LG GH22 connected via SATA port and I can't rip with it.
I really don't know why but...I can't
PLEASE. Could you get a little more precise? From what you say I could also conclude that you are just unable to start your ripping programme. ALWAYS give a problem description containing the software you use and the error message! (FYI most people just don't even have a look anymore on those posts without this information provided)

And don't forget to include version numbers for all programs listed. In this case we need to know what controller card you are connecting to and how it connects to the PC.

@Tox
...you are just unable to start your ripping programme...
well no...I can use any DVD ripping programs but when I use them with my LG connected via a SATA PCI Card my PC freeze and I have to manually reboot.
I have something similar to this guys, but I can't understand the German language at all
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18324&highlight=sata

@damnskippy
...we need to know what controller card you are connecting to and how it connects to the PC...
The LG is connected via SATA PCI card:
SiteCom eSATA PCI card CN-042
SiI (Silicon Image) 3512 Revision I

Thanks to both of you!

I'd always connect optical drives direct to the motherboard and use controller cards for harddrives

I use a Bytecc PCI-e SATA II 300 + PATA RAID (BT-BESAPA) card for my LG GSA-H55L [IDE], LG GGC-H20L [SATA], and Samsung SH-S223F [SATA] optical drives. No problems whatsoever with them being used to rip, read, or burn. I use all my motherboard SATA ports for my HDDs.

AnyDVD doesn't directly have an issue with SATA but there may be a problem with drivers or such that is resulting in the problem.

Last edited:
Hi Adbear,
I can't...because they are already used for my two disks in RAID 0 configuration

for what it's worth, there is no benefit to use sata/esata over usb. i've got 2 ggc-h20l 1x internal 1x external. the rip speed never goes over 3.9x on either esata or usb.

@damnskippy
thanks for your reply!
if I use SI drivers which one I should use?
I mean, for my chip set there are many of them...

I saw one on the list that was the exact same one as what you said was on the card, SiI (Silicon Image) 3512 ESATA PCI controller card.

@mrr - not sure what 3.9x is as far as MB/S but you may want to clarify that you are talking about optical drives and not HDD's as there will be a big difference there.

I'm afraid my friend but it always says that the drivers are already updated.
I tried with both the Sitecom and the Sil ones

but which flash utility should I use?

"BIOS Update Utility for Windows"

(provided you're using Windows and a 32 bit OS)

But if your OS can't communicate properly with your card, flashing may not be wise . . .

I accept no responsibility for any potential damage.

Last edited:
Hi and thanks for your reply...
...provided you're using Windows and a 32 bit OS...
yes, I'm with those systems but I still in trouble with the flashing procedure.
I carefully followed all the instructions I found in the Silicon Image web site but it doesn't working.

May be it's just my card, the Sitecom cn-042, that can't allow the flashing procedure...
I don't know...

Hi and thanks for your reply...

yes, I'm with those systems but I still in trouble with the flashing procedure.
I carefully followed all the instructions I found in the Silicon Image web site but it doesn't working.

May be it's just my card, the Sitecom cn-042, that can't allow the flashing procedure...
I don't know...

Your OS probably isn't communicating properly with your card; hence, you have a driver issue (or your card is defective) . . .

Check in device manager. Is there any issue reported with your card?

Contact the card company's tech support and ask for advice. Your problem doesn't appear to be isolated to Anydvd. And Anydvd works with Sata optical drives perfectly fine (I have well over 10 Sata optical drives here).

Last edited:
...And Anydvd works with Sata optical drives perfectly fine...
okay I see what you mean...you're right mate, definitely it's my problem!
...Your OS probably isn't communicating properly with your card..
I don't think that because I can successfully burn with Nero and/or Imageburn, and the overall flashing procedure is done in DOS ambient...at boot time with a floppy disk...

BTW I'll try to contact sitecom and I'll ask them about that.

Thanks,
Stefano

Last edited:
Back