AnyDVD doesn't work with Hostiles

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Bernard Hess, May 27, 2018.

1. Bernard Hess

Bernard Hess New Member

AnyDVD doesn't work with Hostiles. It gives a 2.15 GB video that discusses how the movie was made. I've been watching the forums for a month to see if anyone else has the problem.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.2.5.0, BDPHash.bin 18-01-30)
    HP DVDRWDU8A6SH DHS3
    Drive (Hardware) Region: 1
    Current profile: DVD-ROM
    Media is a DVD.
    Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
    Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
    Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)
    Video DVD (or CD) label: HOSTILES
    Media is CSS protected!
    Media is locked to region(s): 1!
    Video Standard: NTSC
    Removing annoying menu and intro/outro clips!
    Removed 8 annoying menu clips!
    Removing annoying title clips shorter than 0.5 minute(s)!
    Removed 6 annoying title clips!
    Found & removed structural copy protection!
    Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
    Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
    Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
    RCE protection not found.
    UDF filesystem patched!
    Patched DVD volume label!
    Autorun not found on Video DVD.
    Removed CSS copy protection!
    Found & removed 52 potential bad sector protections!
    Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

You need to supply an AnyDVD log any time you have an issue with a disc. But having said that, I would say you chose the wrong audio track in whatever copy program you used. Director's comments and extras are usually AC3-2 tracks, while the main movie is usually an AC3-6 track. AnyDVD rips all audio from a disc, your copy program is where you choose which audio is used.

If you are saying the main movie is absent, then an AnyDVD log is really needed for a developer to look at. What copy program you are using and what it "sees" would also be useful.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  3. Bernard Hess

Bernard Hess New Member

That's why I was hesitant to use the forum. I don't even know that a AnyDVD logany time is. That said, it's not an audio problem. The resulting DVD is an hour and 3 minutes and 2.15 GB for a 2 hour 14 minute movie. I've been using AnyDVD for at least 7 years and haven't had this problem before. The movie that comes up with that DVD shows backstage scenes of when they produced the movie.

Attached Files:

4. mmdavis

You still haven't responded with which program you are using to copy the disc, CloneDVD, Shrink, just a rip with AnyDVD, etc. Reading the "Please read this before you post" sticky, #5, would give you these instructions:

5. Bernard Hess

Bernard Hess New Member

I ripped it to my hard drive using AnyDVD HD 8.2.5.0 and also several previous versions. See the picture attached. That total rip only shows 2.15 GB which is way too small for a two-hour movie. From there I used both Nero Recode to a .mp4 file and DVDFab to a DVD. Both produced the 1-hour 3-minute video of the backstage scenes.

Attached Files:

6. mmdavis

That's fine. But a developer has nothing to go on without an AnyDVD log. An EIN number (or Amazon link) is helpful also to see if they might have the same or different version (if they have that disc).

7. smonly

smonly Member

Sounds like you are watching the film w/commentary track. Or only the track has come out with.

8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Try again with AnyDVD default settings. If this doesn't help, please post an AnyDVD logfile. Thank you.