• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD does not work with Face/Off Region A

This is the Region A Paramount release from last week. I first used the regular trial, and then I found the beta and it still does not work. I can see that the disc was authored 6/26/07.

As the message says:
Sorry, but trial versions are not allowed to use the update server!

You might consider buying AnyDVD HD.

As the message says:
Sorry, but trial versions are not allowed to use the update server!

You might consider buying AnyDVD HD.

I am just confused.. I tried a few others and they worked, and as far as I know this is the most up to date version. Do I have to constantly have to update it if I buy it?

I am just confused.. I tried a few others and they worked, and as far as I know this is the most up to date version. Do I have to constantly have to update it if I buy it?

No. You have to BUY it instead of using the trial version. :) It's well worth it, honestly. These guys are your money worth ten times over.

No. You have to BUY it instead of using the trial version. :) It's well worth it, honestly. These guys are your money worth ten times over.

So the trial does not function completely?! I don't wanna plunk down $125 to find out that I can't use this on Face/Off. I think I am being given the runaround because I haven't paid them $125 yet. I really don't think this title works, because every other one I have thrown at it works. They offer a 21 day trial for a reason... I am trying whether to decide I want to buy it based on how it performs. And I am just trying to help them by informing them that their key doesn't work on this movie.

Last edited:
So the trial does not function completely?! I don't wanna plunk down $125 to find out that I can't use this on Face/Off. I think I am being given the runaround because I haven't paid them $125 yet. I really don't think this title works, because every other one I have thrown at it works. They offer a 21 day trial for a reason... I am trying whether to decide I want to buy it based on how it performs. And I am just trying to help them by informing them that their key doesn't work on this movie.

I am in no way affiliated with SlySoft, of course. So I'm only guessing here. But my guess would be that AnyDVD HD tries to get a newer AASC key from their update server; and that this is not allowed for trial versions.

Last edited:
If a disc has not been decoded before then AnyDVD HD has to connect to the main server to get the decryption key for that title. Trial versions are not allowed to connect with the server, and only have the decryption keys for movies already done up to the point the trial version was released, so if it came out after the date of the trial version you are using then it can't decrypt it.
As you haven't bought it I'm not sure why you think you're being given the run around, after all it's a TRIAL version and it tells you exactly why it's not working on that movie

You're not being given the run-around. Trial users get to demo the software and may receive minor support from the slysoft team, but you're not guaranteed support. Besides, asking about title support is not a minor support issue...

I'm sure what people are telling you about the trial version not having access to the latest key is true, but even if you bought AnyDVD HD and Face/Off still didn't work, the slysoft team would support you and get you up and running quickly.

this team is fantastic with updates support...

I'm new to Backing up Bluray ,, but this software is well worth the $$$.
With the prices of BD movies ... I have an autistic son and he goes through discs like it's out of style .... I have always backed up his DVD's and now I try to do the same for the BD ones ....

Last edited:
You're not being given the run-around. Trial users get to demo the software and may receive minor support from the slysoft team, but you're not guaranteed support. Besides, asking about title support is not a minor support issue...
Very true!

Besides, I believe it's SlySoft that shouldn't be given the runaround! :) These folks are fantastic! Without them, BD would literally be totally locked (and would have stayed that way for at least "the next ten years", according to the BD folks). So, @TS: support them all you can, for that reason alone. And then have a little trust that they won't leave you hanging with Face-Off, either.

Whats the point of offering a trial version if its missing a very important feature.
Im sure many people try it, think its not working, and then dont buy the software.

It only has the very latest codes missing, and as they seem to bring out a beta every week or so it's not like it's usually that far behind. I think they offer enough by giving people the chance to try with what it can do. Lots of trial software doesn't even do this much. Adobe do trial versions of Premiere and Encore, but neither will do High def editing/Blu-ray authoring unless you pay for it, Powerdvd Trial doesn't play Blu-ray..... And all you have to do is look at the forum and see that Slysoft do everything they can to get something working as soon as a new encryption appears. Look at the latest AACS, they had that beat before the official release dates for the titles it first appeared on.
The way it is at the moment it shows that it can do most discs, but then gives the incentive to buy if you want to decrypt the very latest titles.
Maybe they should have a popup message stating that the disc inserted is a new title and needs the full version to decrypt it so people who can't read the main screen will understand what's happening

Last edited:
Back